RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] The Disaster Keep

Rep:
Level 71
CANCELLED.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 01:54:21 AM by DoctorTodd »

Rep:
Level 71
Feedback any one? Constructive Criticism is welcome.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
Kinda confused by the story, it says that the Rebels were able to kill the guy wearing the disaster amulet, which seemed to be the one that stopped them from destroying the empire in the first place. So, after all of these years before the next one in the blood line was found, how come the rebels haven't again tried to destroy the empire now that there is nothing in their way?

And from the screenshots alone, I can guarantee that I will not purchase the game. And the Price is something that definitely should NOT be hidden inside a Spoiler.

Rep:
Level 71
Kinda confused by the story, it says that the Rebels were able to kill the guy wearing the disaster amulet, which seemed to be the one that stopped them from destroying the empire in the first place. So, after all of these years before the next one in the blood line was found, how come the rebels haven't again tried to destroy the empire now that there is nothing in their way?

And from the screenshots alone, I can guarantee that I will not purchase the game. And the Price is something that definitely should NOT be hidden inside a Spoiler.

What happened was the rebels where forced into hiding and were very weak, so they sent assassins to kill the wearer of the amulet. Even though he was dead the rebels were to weak to try again. They did this because the wearer was planning an attack to finish off the rebels, but with him dead they called off the attack. Nalfar (The person you play as) was only two when the wearer was killed. The high king secretly sent search parties to try and find the next person in the blood line.

I will be adding more screenshots, I know my mapping isn't the best, my mapper is still learning and on vacation so when he gets back he's going to continue to learn and make some new maps as well as fix up mine.

I've decided that the final price will most likely be five dollars if it were to go any lower it would probably go three dollars.
I'm also going to add a thing about the features as well.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Hmm... I think you should recruit a team to create original resources for you: maybe character sprites, faces, tilesets, maps, etc. Maybe even scripters. With a little originality, your game can stand out enough to be purchased and draw in customers. And, of course, limit the number of potential copyrights (should there be some with the resources you are using... I don't know, maybe? :-\). They work well for free & public games, but for a game that will be sold you may need it to be more customized. The economy is quite bad and people will often not look to buy games unless they really stand out.

The story so far looks like it has potential. It's all a matter of how well you execute it :P

Hope that helps :) that's just my opinion, you don't have to listen to it haha xD
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 71
Thanks I have many ideas for the story and I've thought of some good ways to execute it. I always check to see if commercial use is allowed for the resources, so far (I have to check again) I only need to receive permission from modern algebra and pacman. At the moment I have my friend doing mapping and graphics and I can't afford to put a team together. I might try and learn how to script though, I can sprite but they look pretty crappy.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I highly doubt you're allowed to use kaduki sprites commercially without his permission, if those are in fact his, or frankensprites of his original stuff.

Rep:
Level 71
http://usui.moo.jp/rpg_tukuru.html I obtained them from here, I read the license and it appeared okay, I may have misread it though. If that is the case well I might ask for permission. If not I'll replace them.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
on the acceptable use policy page via google translate "Our material and sold as a collection of material, is strictly prohibited pursuant to this act, or.... "

pretty sure they wouldn't be alright with selling a game with their resources. more and more dumbfucks are using resources not intended for sale without asking the creator, this has become a big issue as people have been making money on things such as the itunes store or Xbox live arcade with things made primarily with rpgmaker graphical resources they did not ask permission to use. I suggest you try to contact the people who made the stuff if you intend to sell anything.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
On the other hand, the mack tilesets you are using are a different case.

"You can sell your game in which use our resources, but DON'T sell our resources themselves." (The Mack Website). It looks like Mack resources are allowed in a commerical game, as long as you do not sell the actual resources.

So, there's a bit of good news :) I did not know this lol

EDIT: That being said, I think it wise if you choose not to use the Kaduki Sprites. Since Mack's stuff is allowed, why not just use his sprites? I put up a link in the paragraph I typed above in case you need his link. There's an English button in the corner of the website that translates it, if it's not on the translated version from the link I included.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 01:27:10 AM by yuyubabe »
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 71
on the acceptable use policy page via google translate "Our material and sold as a collection of material, is strictly prohibited pursuant to this act, or.... "

pretty sure they wouldn't be alright with selling a game with their resources. more and more dumbfucks are using resources not intended for sale without asking the creator, this has become a big issue as people have been making money on things such as the itunes store or Xbox live arcade with things made primarily with rpgmaker graphical resources they did not ask permission to use. I suggest you try to contact the people who made the stuff if you intend to sell anything.

@Strike_Reyhi Thanks for letting me know, before I go any further I'm going to track my down resources and see if I'm aloud to use them.

@yuyubabe Thanks I'll try mack's sprites
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 02:27:01 AM by DoctorTodd »

Rep:
Level 71
Update: Do to certain game events I will not be using Macks sprites. I recently obtained permission to use kaduki sprites in the game so I once again be using those.

Rep:
Level 71
I doubt any one is still following this but I have added a support bar, the characters look a bit blurry though. I have lately been working on the data base and some mapping. I'm not doing to much since I'm on vacation right now. I'm having some errors with some scripts which I'm trying to fix. I still can't be sure when the demo will be finished. I decided on the first day release it will be selling a dollar (The game not the demo). Also I plan on making a sequel taking place in modern times.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
I was following it.

But my money wasn't. I hope you fix those bugs and what not, but try to update a bit more, like with screenshots or some new characters or something, just to show that the game is progressing.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I was following it.

But my money wasn't. I hope you fix those bugs and what not, but try to update a bit more, like with screenshots or some new characters or something, just to show that the game is progressing.

Exactly how I feel. I don't have the dough to pay for an RM game, I'm a college student. The kind with no money to spare lol. But, I'd recommend throwing in more screenshots. Pretty pictures will always grab some attention. :V Possibly even if you were to add in more "color" to this page as well. For example, a logo rather then the typed out words "The Disaster Keep I [etc]". Just my thoughts, though. And I'm just uno person!

Best of luck ~ ;8
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 71
Good to hear some people are still following, I know your money wasn't but like I said the first day release is a dollar and I will have plenty of sales. I understand many people are in college and the economy isn't helping. Any way I plan on adding more characters and screenshots soon.

Rep:
Level 71
Entity Humanoid Interface
You are using non-commercial resources in your game.
What makes you think you can sell it legally?
I support \\(>O<)b

Rep:
Level 71
Yes they are how ever I have obtained permissions, in creative commons it states that all conditions can be waived with permission from the copyright holder.

Edit: Not because of what Aurelia said but because of the fact authors are disappearing and there is no way to get permissions so I'm making this for free now (sorry to the authors who time I took up asking for permissions). The sequel might be free as well, after that I'm going to do a game which I want to actually go big on. I know it's a crazy idea but I think I can do it. The resources will be 90% me and my future team. I wish to attempt permissions with Hanzo Kimaru and Celinna.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 02:59:41 PM by DoctorTodd »

Rep:
Level 71
Entity Humanoid Interface
Just a head-ups, Hanzo Kimura didn't create anything that's original actually :V All of his "materials" are recolor from other people or from RMXP RTP :/ You can't sell games with his "materials". Celianna's will need to be paid to use in commercial game.
Yknow, making a commercial game isn't as easy as it seems, and not always as rewarding. Try to finish this game first, then think about going commercial later. If you actually can finish this game, you will think differently.
I support \\(>O<)b

Rep:
Level 71
Thanks for the head up though I knew that I would have to pay Celinna. With Hanzo's graphics if I purchased RMXP anbd obtained his permission I think it would be okay  :-\. Any way thanks again I'm going to focus on completing this project for now then think if I want to go commercial. Though I do hope to be a Game Dev one day.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
So it's free? Wonderous.

Rep:
Level 71
Yes it will be as well as the sequel.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Yes it will be as well as the sequel.

There is going to be a sequel, as well? :) It's very good that you are passionate about your game, but be careful with this. Sequels tend to ruin a story, if not properly executed. Therefore, there may be a bit on your shoulders once you've finished this one. Just remember to have fun with it and you will be just fine! ^-^

Anyways, I'm glad you've decided to make the game free. That makes it much easier to get feedback to overall improve your game making skills. :D

Good luck to you!
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 71
UPDATE: I felt as if I have learned a lot more about RMVX and the Disaster Keep didn't reflect that. So I'm going to add more features and change some mapping. Here's an example:

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I like that map. However, if you are using parallax mapping, I'd recommend making the path and grass look a little less blocky. Throwing some form of clouds in the back may look great, too! Other then that, it looks alright to me! I love the trees. :)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 71
Thank Hanzo for the trees  :) Thanks for the advice I'll go ahead and fix that.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I'd also vary up the cliff in the back a bit instead of making it a straight line.
One other thing, and this is more opinion than anything, it's a little weird to have an outhouse next to a huge opulent tower. They'd probably be able to afford some sort of indoor plumbing, or use chamberpots or something.

Rep:
Level 71
Alright I'll fix the cliffs, I never really had though about that so I'll probably have that removed.