RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RMVX] Loyalties Lie (working title)

Rep: +0/-0Level 64
Allen
Title
Spoiler for:
Loyalties Lie

A fantasy role-playing game.

First of all, hello everyone.  I'm Elezeid.  This is my basic outline for the game I have begun work on.
I'm very experienced with RPG makers.  I've been using different RPG makers since I was just a kid, and I'm creeping up on 22 now.
That aside, I wouldn't consider myself an expert.  The only games I've ever "completed" were short ones. 
As a kid, I realized that big, long games took big teams, so I stuck to shorter story lines.
As far as this game goes, I would like for it to be on the longer side of RM games.  Not a 40 hour game, just something substantial. 
It may end up being longer, because the story itself isn't exactly short, and there has to be time for dialogue, and scenes.

I will continue to update this whenever there is new information, or images to show.

Story
Spoiler for:
After many years of monotony, two young boys (Jack and Al) grow bored with their lives in the small town of Wennheim. 
The two of them adventure to the kingdom of Erbalta, where they hope to start new lives.
Once they've settled and gotten accustomed to their new surroundings, they join the kingdom's military, in which they make many new friends and allies.  A few months after they join the King's Army, trouble begins to brew in neighboring kingdoms, ultimately resulting in a war between Erbalta and Kaltvalt.  During a surprise attack on the capital of the Erbalta Kingdom they discover that one of their own is a traitor, and they are taken down from the inside.

Albrecht just barely manages to escape with his life, after witenessing such an atrocity. 
Al is alone now, and must decide whether he wants to fight, or stay in hiding.

The rest is for the player to find out. 

Screenshots
Spoiler for:
I'm really not much of a mapper. 
If anyone is interested, I'd love to have you on the team.

CHARACTERS
Spoiler for:
Albrecht Keim (Al) - 17 years old.  Cleric.

Al is an upbeat, lighthearted guy. 
He's outgoing, but he has very poor leadership skills, and has a hard time standing up for himself. 
His gentle nature gets in the way of his fighting skills, which is why he became a cleric.

Joachim [YO-ah-keem] Gabriel Armstehr (Jack) - 18 years old.  Swordsman. 

Jack is a quiet, mellow person.  He mostly keeps to himself, and doesn't talk to anyone unless he has to. 
Though he's quiet, he has no problem standing up for those who are in need of a savior. 
He's a fair fighter, and believes in doing things the right way every time, even it means more work.

Clara Eagna - 20 years old.  Archer. 
Clara is the general of the imperial army of Erbalta.  She has wisdom far beyond her years.
She has a very strong presence, and does whatever it takes to get the job done. 
She's very professional, but sometimes takes too many responsibilities upon herself at one time.

Slade Lamina - 22 years old.  Knight.
Slade is a dedicated Knight, and soldier.
He is Clara's right hand man, and an excellent warrior.
He has a friendly demeanor outside of the battlefield, and can occasionally be funny.

Lorelai Fortuna (Lady Luck) - 19 years old.  King's Guard.
Lorelai has been known to bring good luck wherever she goes. 
She is very righteous and exceptionally loyal.
She has a gruff, sarcastic sense of humor, which is often confused with rudeness.

Blake Trodaire - 19 years old.  King's Guard.
Blake is a laid back, comical character.
He doesn't take anything too seriously, unless he really has absolutely no choice.
He often gets in trouble with his superiors for making his comrades laugh in battle, or during training exercises.

Elena Swain - 21 years old.  Magician.
Elena is Clara's best friend since childhood.
She is extremely shy and bashful, and cracks very easily under pressure.
She has a very sweet heart, but she doesn't trust anyone but Clara.

PRODUCTION

Concept
Spoiler for:
The plan here, is to not stray too far from the "norm" of RPG's.  I want to give people a classic RPG experience, rich with deep storylines and characters.
I want the player to feel right at home playing this game.
Of course, I would like to have some originality to some of the systems, but not so much that it takes away from the main focus of the game, which is the story.
This is a project I have been writing concepts about for years.  The storyline may seem a bit cliche based on the description, but I can assure you, it's really quite original.
The reason I say this, is because it's an RPG adaptation of a true story. 
I don't want to give away too much of the story, because I want the players to genuinely WANT to know what happens next when they play.

The only other thing that comes to mind, is that I want the player to feel rewarded not only after finishing the storyline, but by building his or her characters.
My plan is to have a sort of "rebirth" system that allows you to improve your character's class by reaching a certain level, thus changing the sprite's clothing.

Art
Spoiler for:
My current artist is talented, but unreliable.  However, I don't want a typical anime style look.
If I can find an artist who can match the art style of the two initial characters, I'd be thrilled.
It looks somewhat anime, but it also has an indie feel to it.

Music
Spoiler for:
I'll be doing most, if not all of the music by myself.
The soundtrack will be entirely original.  I already have a few BGM tracks finished, and waiting for a home.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXlADeeLmcE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXlADeeLmcE</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xA89e5X3Xw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xA89e5X3Xw</a>

NEEDED
Spoiler for:
I am looking for the following:

Spriter
Mapper
Scripter/Eventer (whichever)

« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 09:05:02 AM by Elezeid »

Rep:
Level 71
This actuality sounds like a lot of fun, could you add more than just map screen shots though like towns and stuff.

Rep: +0/-0Level 64
Allen
This actuality sounds like a lot of fun, could you add more than just map screen shots though like towns and stuff.

Thanks for the input!  I added a screenshot of the first town, and my current (yet sad) Game Over screen.

I also updated the Music section with youtube videos of a few of the game's tracks.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
I really like that crossing spot in the center of the town, but I think you should either shrink everything else around it, or you really need to add a bit more detail onto the map