RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RMVX] GodSunder - A mature sandbox roleplaying game

Rep: +0/-0Level 66
Local Village Idiot
First of all I'd like to thank you for taking a look at the first ever serious gameproject I am attempting.

I made this post to check your reactions on this type of game. So feel free to praise or criticize (in a respectable manner).

The game is still in pre-alpha, and everything written here is bound for changes and/or additions.

Let's kick it off with:
GodSunder

Story (no spoiler)
Spoiler for:
A book is uncovered, riddled with blasphemous scripts about one of the mightiest gods of the new religion, Nehereseth, god of the Sun. As you discover the truth behind the popular god of the sun and law, he threatens to unleash the apocalypse upon the mortal world. Will mortals rise to oppose their creators?

Characters
Spoiler for:
Hero: The hero is nothing more than a template, it follows no set character progression. The player is able to put points into 20 classes, basically making up their own class every time they play the game.

Wilhelm: Wilhelm is a farmer from the continent of Kremm. He thinks himself no hero, but deep within he possesses more courage and passion for goodness then any other of your companions.
Favorite weapon: Rakes, Spades, and any other farming tools.

Kyra: Kyra is Wilhelm's faithfull dog, he (yes, it's a boy!) possesses extraordinary loyalty and spirit. You will find Kyra to be a welcome companion in dire times.
Favorite weapon: Fangs.

More to come!

The World
Spoiler for:
Artha, as the world is called, consists of 8 continents set in the great world sea.

Kahaan: Kahaan is the realm of eternal sand, scorching heat and the strange Black Desert of Hnan Amon. It is home of the Ash Elves.
Capital: Sul'Nahal

Silvolde: Silvolde is home of the Chosen, a human culture. It consists mostly of warm plains and forests, where the Chosen battle their heathen enemies.
Capital: The Silver Ciltadel

Winterheim: Winterheim is the home of the Nords, a viking-like race, the now extinct dwarves, and giants. It consists of lush forests but also barren ice plains, and rugged mountains.
Capital: Hunnenheim

Tuga: Tuga is the pirate continent. It was settled by fugitives. It consists of warm plains and mountains riddles with inner seas.
Capital: Crimsoncliff

Ynna: Ynna is Artha's trade hub. The whole continent is settled and urbanized. It is ruled by an unknown figure.
Capital: Ynna itself

Kremm: Kremm is the home of the imperials a human culture. It is divided into two regions, Krymmenhall (the imperial kingdom) and Grommar (the hobgoblin empire). These two factions wage an endless war.
Capital: Praven

Terranakh: Terranakh is the barren en dry continent of the wood elves and the orcs. They battle for the precious resources, found of Terranakh.
Capital: No set capital

Khao'Mher: Khao'Mher is a jungle continent. Places upon a magic node, the jungles and inhabitants are corrupted by it's energies. The Kizjerei, a human culture, live in protected cities carved from obsidian rock.
Capital: No set capital

(Planned) Features and Ideas
Spoiler for:
- No set class for the main character, you spread your level between 20 different classes. Become who-ever you want
- Factions you can join
- A sandbox feel (akin to the elder scrolls). Go where ever you want, do whatever you want to do.
- Skills (thievery, crafting, alchemy)
- Over 10 companions
- Gain control over your own stronghold
- Lot's of side quests
- A journal! (thanks to Quest Journal, made by modern algebra)

Screenshots
Spoiler for:

GodSunder title screen

General gameplay screenshot

Simple burglary/thievery interface

Character customization screenshot. Warrior class interface
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 06:58:49 PM by MajorDerp »
Genius and Madman are two faces of the same coin.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
Winterheim sounds like it's directly taken from Skyrim, but besides that, I'd like to see some screenshots or something, since you haven't really put much into the story part.

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
I agree with himoru, although you did say it's pre-alpha. How far have you gotten into the works?

Local Village Idiot
Well with pre-alpha I mean, I made the tutorial, and laid out some of the base lines (the events used for crafting, burglary and a semi-random loot system). I'll see what I can do in the screenshot department since there is not a incredible lot to show as of yet.

About the "Skyrim name". Winterheim is just a generally scandinavian sounding name. (A cohesion of winter and heim (home in norse)). Too bad Skyrim showed up a few weeks ago :)

Thanx for the replies so far though!

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
It may seem shallow, but it's hard to judge a game without some screenshots. Please update soon :)
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Local Village Idiot
It may seem shallow, but it's hard to judge a game without some screenshots. Please update soon :)

I understand, working on it right now.
I just didn't think there was enough interesting material to post screenies of :)