RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
The Give-A-Tip Thread

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
not sure if its mentioned above, learn to map, look at tutorials or get help. A huge number of games with good storylines get no attention, mainly becuase of subpar mapping.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 03:14:38 AM by IAMFORTE »

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
When you make your main characters, make them deep and interesting. Professional writers sometimes use a character questionairre like the ones I have attached to add depth and realism to their characters. Of course, the NPC's in the game don't need this level of detail, but your mains will. Try it out, even if the questions wouldn't apply to the setting of the game the character is in... you may find it useful.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 63
De Faalboot - The Failboat
When writing a storyline, or maybe even creating maps, listen to Two Steps From Hell. It may sound as a joke, but it actually works. Two Steps From Hell makes EPIC music, and that's really worth to type in capital letters. Such EPIC music is great for inspiration!
~~De Faalboot

Biggest of them all

~Silmar's Shadow~
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,44500.0.html