RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Downloading Attachments?

Rep: +0/-0Level 64
RMRK Junior
Sorry, I'm new to RMRK (I'm on a few other RPG Maker forums, though). I need to download modern algebra's Advanced Text System... but I can't. Every attachment I try to download comes up as
index.php
which is a: PHP file (-1 bytes)
which opens in WordPad and is just a massive block of random ASCII characters :/
I'm sorry if this is a known issue, or something, I did try searching for the problem.
Thanks in advance.

(note: I tried this on more than just the Advanced Text System topic, seems like all attachments on RMRK are having the same problem)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 09:31:31 AM by eldorno »

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Hmm, seems to be something up with how the filename is suggested to the browser.

For example: http://rmrk.net/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=43687.0;attach=24204

save it as .mp3 and it's fine.

Can you link to the attachment you're trying to download? The post it's attached to.
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Ok I found it here: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,25348.msg317582.html#msg317582

I can download those files fine, it's just the browser doesn't get the name properly. You can get the file properly, just that it gets named index.php. So if you're downloading an .exe attachment, save it with an .exe extension.

I'll try and figure out why that's happening =s
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 102
I realise why now, it looks like somebody's already beaten me to it and it's already a known bug in SMF. I guess a patch will come through soon :)
bringing sexy back

Rep: +0/-0Level 64
RMRK Junior
Ah, thank you very much, that worked perfectly :3
I wasn't expecting to have to change the filename to make it work (though I probably should have thought of that myself, heh).
Thanks again :D

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
Roph to the rescue!

Rep:
Level 102
SMF updated, this bug is fixed now :)
bringing sexy back