RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Dancing Saria [VX]

You pie feeders!
Rep:
Level 68
Everyone... Actually Everyone hates me :)
2012 Biggest Drama Whore

The back story
    Spoiler for:
    (This planet is in its Renaissance times)
    -Planet Toreq, from earth it is by the Eastern Star Hidden along the horizon.
    -Earth is located at the western Star from Toreq

While Earth hit the year 1985 Toreq had hit the year 0850.

Toreq had never had need of recording time as it passed on until the first emperor had announced himself, Manolauge Emperor First. He took reign of the entire planet all at once not piece by piece.

Manolauge had only wanted a way in which things would be organized, and so they were, the people had never argued with his rule for all he did was ensure things got done when they were supposed to and have announcements made when things were behind schedule. the people had gladly followed him since he took power.

Manolauge had come to a time in his life 5 years after he took rule where he wished to have a wife, he had chosen an average woman from where he had grown up. This woman was a Marrat Priestess, from a society of those who had been inspired to recollect the beginning of their planet and how it came to be.
    three years later the priestess had given birth to twin boys, Merikai and ViToreq.
    Merikai meant passion of will, and that he would be strong with age.
    ViToreq was named after their planet in hopes that he may keep strong with the planet.
    12 years later Manolauge had made a promise to his children that they may rule half the planet each when he died, and so be it 3 years after his death they became rulers of north and south Toreq.
    Merikai had chosen the south for its vast forests and fresh waters.
    ViToreq had by default gained the north in return.
    The boys had become quite distant from their mother 1 year after they took rule, but as they did conflicts raised and the boys could not bear it. The boys had met and decided that there should be four rulers not two, and each picked one from the lands they ruled. Merikai chose the strongest man from the south and said "for your strength and courage i dub thee a ruler of Toreq."
    ViToreq chose the smartest man from the north and said "For your wisdom and knowledge i dub thee a ruler of Toreq."
    Merikai had chosen first the land he wished to rule as he had also divided the lands on their planet map. he had chosen the central south where fresh water forests flourished.
    ViToreq Chose second and had wished to keep his northern lands as he had gotten used to the altitude and taiga climates.
    Bomarrow, the strong man from the south, had chosen the West for it had great plains and deserts with rich water springs and plenty full ores.
    Massayo, the smart man from the north, had gotten the east land by default, whereas the land was in high altitude but still of plenty of fertile lands and trees, the water was great for farming, but cactus juice was used for drinking more often than water, but even so he wanted to choose the land with more challenge for his interests.
    and so began the new age where things will have a new fall.

[/spoiler]

Year 0850;
    8 generations of royalty have passed and the world has changed drastically.
    the newest generation of royalty is here.
    • King Molaff, descendant of King Bomarrow and referred to as Earth King of the West.
    • King Laufoa (law-foe), descendant of King Massayo and referred to as Water King of the East.
    • Queen Markata, descendant of Emperor The First and referred to as Queen of Winds or Queen of Wings.
    • Merikai III, 3ed cousin of Queen Markata, descendant of Emperor of first and referred to as King of Fire.

Characters of general importance (the party)
    • Mara-Protagonist
      • Male
      • Age 6-22
      Mara is a courageous young lad who had many dreams as a child, but on his very own birthday pirates attack his village and leaves him with his deceased mother and father.
    • Axe-best friend of Mara
      • Male
      • Age 5-21
      Axe is a bright lad who loves to see how things work, but he also likes to cause trouble, as a kid he loved causing fights at school and in town but has never tried to start one with Mara.
    • Saria-Friend of Axe and Mara
      • Female
      • Age 8-24
      Saria is a young girl who enjoys dancing, as a kid playing with Mara, and antagonizing Axe. although Saria seems like an innocent girl she is not afraid of roughing it out.

(I need a face for Saria Still, if someone wants to try and make one then thank you and i'll be sure to credit you.)

Screen Shots
    Spoiler for:
    Spoiler for:

Crediting:
    Spoiler for:
    • Light Effects VX 1.2 & Kylock's Time System VX 1.5
      by:Kylock
    • Vixotic_Map Story_Title
      by:Vixotic
    • KGC_MapLightening
      translation by:Mr. Anonymous
    • window skin
      by:Wortana & Aindra
    • Sprite Shadow
      by: the guys in the spoiler
      Spoiler for:
      Based on Genzai Kawakami's shadows
      #    dynamisme & features by Rataime
      #    extra features Boushy
      #    New Edits by DerVVulfman
      #    Modified for VX by Syvkal

In progress but will have more information soon   :rmvx: :magic:

[/list]

ok in the link below i have a customized version of phantasia CMS  and a small script pacman made... should i use the menu?
    « Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 06:31:39 PM by crow5derlock »
    Final Statement: I chowder5lock am a dipshit and MA is a pretty cool dude.

Rep:
    Level 76
    Praise the Sun (Arcana)
    GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
    The game is a lot more interesting now that you've added some screenshots, but I'm still lost on what exactly this game's plot is... I skimmed the backstory, is something important hidden in there?

You pie feeders!
    Rep:
    Level 68
    2012 Biggest Drama Whore
    yes there is, look back at the first four rulers (after Emperor the First) and keep that in mind.

Edit: and on another note; i kinda need map icon pieces to add to my tile E set, does anyone have a link for that if so i would really appreciate it if you could post it
    « Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 10:54:26 AM by crow5derlock »

You pie feeders!
    Rep:
    Level 68
    2012 Biggest Drama Whore
    updated title screen screenshot.

A-pow 2015
    Rep:
    Level 81
    2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
    A plucky girl with short green hair and a headband named Saria? Now where have I seen that before?

You pie feeders!
    Rep:
    Level 68
    2012 Biggest Drama Whore
    A plucky girl with short green hair and a headband named Saria? Now where have I seen that before?

Wasnt quite what i meant, im not basing this off of TLOZ.

and there are already enough knock offs of that game anyway.

A-pow 2015
    Rep:
    Level 81
    2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
    You still have a character with a name instantly recognized as belonging to a character from Ocarina of Time.
    It's ultimately up to you what to name your characters, of course. Ripping them from other games is a little uncreative though.

You pie feeders!
    Rep:
    Level 68
    2012 Biggest Drama Whore
    i just thought of a name and used it, and names are all constant- i know 18 Andrew's that go to the same school as me for instance.

a persons name cannot be owned by any one person.

and i do realize the characters seem similar, but my character has a blue dress, OOT has shorts, my character has green hair, OOT has a paisley shade of yellow. but i do see where you are coming from, but i put too much into the story now to change names.

A-pow 2015
    Rep:
    Level 81
    I'm pretty sure there's no way you just happened to think up the name Saria before knowing anything about Ocarina of Time.

Except Saria isn't a person, and her name is probably copyrighted by Nintendo. :V

Also, Saria's hair is green. I believe you have her confused with Link.

Rep:
    Level 82
    I'm pretty sure there's no way you just happened to think up the name Saria before knowing anything about Ocarina of Time.

It's entirely plausible though. I have absolutely no idea when it comes to Zelda personally, but that's a name I'd find easy to come up with. It's like a cross between Sara and Maria; two perfectly normal names. Whilst I'm not defending either side, I'm simply pointing out that using the same name doesn't suggest "ripping" it from another game.

What is probably copyrighted is the character Saria used in Zelda. Not here name, but the character concept and design. Her name is fact, and you can't copyright facts. It may be a trademarked name to protect the identity of the original concept, but unless this game is going to degrade the original concept it's probably not going to cause any issues.

Plus, there's a lot of people out there like me who wouldn't even draw the connection. In the end, as long as the concept around this Saria is different from the Saria in Zelda, I wouldn't worry about it.
    (Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

You pie feeders!
    Rep:
    Level 68
    2012 Biggest Drama Whore

Except Saria isn't a person, and her name is probably copyrighted by Nintendo. :V

Also, Saria's hair is green. I believe you have her confused with Link.

original artwork from the legend of Zelda ocarina of time all of the Kokiri's have yellows and orange shades of hair.

and until you pointed it out i hadn't even thought about ocarina of time since it came out for the 3Ds, and like i said before i would have to change so many events and things in my story line its not even funny so i'm not going to change any names.

Edit: OK so i went to GameStop earlier and because of miss copyright up there^^^ i pre-ordered "TLOZ Skyward sword" gold edition.
    « Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 01:49:56 AM by crow5derlock »

A-pow 2015
    Rep:
    Level 81
    "Miss copyright"?
    Dude, that was a joke. Like copyright even means anything to anybody creating an rpg maker game. I was simply pointing out that a fictional name can be owned. It's why you don't see any Legolas's outside of Lord of the Rings, or any other toys with the name Optimus Prime.

And I don't care what "original" art you're looking at. Saria very obviously has green hair.

You pie feeders!
    Rep:
    Level 68
    2012 Biggest Drama Whore
    logging game updates, still far from the demo though...

-Mapping improvements made
    -event layout fixed
    - :rmvx: scripts added
    -script codes slightly edited
    -questing update
    -Please no rude coments from Acostrike/Acolyte

btw i was using irony...
    « Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 09:25:10 PM by crow5derlock »

You pie feeders!
    Rep:
    Level 68
    2012 Biggest Drama Whore
    Log:

what i got done so far:
    • major map works
    • event polishing(Grammar fixes and all that none sense)
    • Blog made (Link is in signature)
    • Map polishings

New Screens will be added soon.

Edit: And you know what, screw it, go ahead with the rude comments how the hell am i supposed to argue with someone without them  :lol: ;D 8) ;D ;D :lol: :lol:
    « Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 04:51:05 PM by crow5derlock »

You pie feeders!
    Rep:
    Level 68
    2012 Biggest Drama Whore
    Log:

What have i done now?
    • Been down Repped
    • Organized some of Dancing Saria's Game Database
    • Argued with people who miss details
    • and noticed that no one has commented on pie in my (Formerly General discussion, now sewer topic) post Can be found here: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,44490.0/all.html

Rep:
    Level 76
    Praise the Sun (Arcana)
    GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)

You pie feeders!
    Rep:
    Level 68
    2012 Biggest Drama Whore
    allot happened in one day... i'm going to blog it now.

Last Stop
    Rep:
    Level 88
    Everyone Off
    Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
    oh man, not a totally unread blog.

You pie feeders!
    Rep:
    Level 68
    2012 Biggest Drama Whore
    long since last:

i have almost finished with the 3ed and 4th maps and i wont continue working until new years so merry Christmas, happy Hanukkah, happy Kwanzaa, and whatever else i left out and have a happy new years. (unless your in china in which case i wont be continuing until January 2nd) so so long for now and have fun.

-CXD

Last Stop
    Rep:
    Level 88
    Everyone Off
    Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
    man, take that glider off of your avatar space, we all know you just googled "hacker emblem"

You pie feeders!
    Rep:
    Level 68
    2012 Biggest Drama Whore
    im back after such a long period of skyrim, and i will be updating weekly again (weeklyish anyway)

You pie feeders!
    Rep:
    Level 68
    2012 Biggest Drama Whore
    so much for my weeklyish updates, but i should have my first demo out by the end of the month.

You pie feeders!
    Rep:
    Level 68
    2012 Biggest Drama Whore
    I am currently incapable of running rmvx on my laptop due to key code not working correctly, so i ask that somone please move this to abandoned projects untill i contact and say i can use the program again

You pie feeders!
    Rep:
    Level 68
    2012 Biggest Drama Whore
    i have rmvx again, it took allot of scanning and transferring, but i have it again and i would like to ask if this could be put back in the new project section

*crack*
    Rep:
    Level 64
    2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots

Could you imagine what that Saria would actually look like with a headband rather than a hairband, though?

I visualise it to look pretty intimidating ;9
    All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3