RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Resolved]Count number of slayed monters

Rep:
Level 65
I'm looking to create a NPC that give you a prize after killing X number of specific monsters, for example If i kill 50 bats he will give me a special robe. I tought that this can be done using event monster enconunter setting, a variable will increase after every specific monster is beaten but it woill only count the evented monsters and not the ones outside of them. Help?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 09:16:27 AM by Nessiah »

Rep:
Level 68
Infinite imagination
Hiyah ^^ So I think this is rather simple thing when you think about it (no offence) :)

Your random encounters are troops of monsters, and for troops you can create events. And to that event page you can add for example:

@> Control variables: [0001: number_slayed_bat] += 2 (depending how many bats are in that troop encounter)

And so you just have to add this little variable control to those troop's event page and you have a variable counting the amount of bats you have killed :)

Hope this helped ^^

Rep:
Level 65
LOL  :tpg: why I didn't tought about it? a conditional branch with a switch turned on after talking with the old man and the variable increase with the switch on. THanks!  :rbiggrin:
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 01:43:45 AM by oriceles »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
I think mittenrc was referring to putting it in the battle events. For instance, an event which runs on turn 0 and increases the encounter variables for each enemy in the troop.

Though you could still escape, so you'd want to design it so that it wouldn't count up if it was increased.

Rep:
Level 65
Yeah, I already edited up there with a solution. I Think this is solved, thanks! :D