RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Gilga Galaxy VX: Attack of the Araraka [Recruitment Open!]

Rep: +0/-0Level 74
Manly Man
This is a project I started back around 09' and have been adding bits and pieces for it up until this point. It's quite a hefty project, I have a few character designs in the making, a good amount of which are completed. I'm hoping for it to feature custom sprites, artwork, an original soundtrack, memorable scenes and characters. I graciously appreciate it for those who have looked upon this recruitment post and hope those with the neccessary skills I need will assist me.

Story
Spoiler for:
The three moons of planet Okaria: Soh, Nahet, & Taah are now in alignment, and signal the heralding of a new year. And the coronation of the new King of the Dantou Kingdom. "Kazumari Dantou XCII" the fourteen year old Okarian Prince, is to be crowned the King after the "Sonata Festival" A seven day celebration of the new year, with several fun-filled events happening only on each of the seven days. Culminating with the exciting musical perfomed on the seventh day, and the coronation ceremony. However, during the musical, the planet is suddenly attacked by the notorious "Araraka" a brigand of militaristic creatures that come within variety and make their living on piracy. They were currently in a war with the Tiruok, whom of which frequently traded with the Okarians and were on very good terms with one another. It was made clear prior to the begining of the war that Okaria would remain neutral as to not to put it's people In such a terrible situation. A decision Kazumari had decided upon. However; "Kaizere Dantou XCI", Kazumari's older brother, had gone against the truce, and sold Okarian secrets to the Araraka to help them win the war against the Tiruok. Now they are invading Okaria along with Kaizere's assistance, and chase Kazumari along with his pet Serebian "Cicnc" out of the Dantou Kingdom. Kazumari and Cicnc run into the Aloei Woods being chased by Araraka Soldiers and are captured by one. The soldier actually turns out to be a spy for the Gilga System Confederation, a Gilga System Confederation Patrol Officer (GSCPO for short) named "Arazo". And tries to persuade him and Cicnc to escape on his ship and go to GSC HQ. Kazumari declines and wishes to help his people, as the Araraka release the "Skrill" a parasitic like creature that feeds off the life force of a planet. Arazo agrees to help and gives him a Beam Sword a weapon that converts light energy into a physical shape. And a Holo Ring a special accessory that employs a shield at the user's will, to combat the Araraka along with Cicnc. Together, they manage to defeat the Mother Skrill and drive off the Araraka. Kazumari is complimented of his skill and bravery by Arazo, and reccomends him to join the GSC and help fend off the Araraka from other Planets. He is then sent to train as a GSCPO Trainee for 3 years at GSC HQ.

Characters

Spoiler for:
Name: Kazumari Dantou XCII [92nd]. (kah-zoo-mah-ree, dahn-toe)
Height: 5'7".
Weight: 162lbs.
Race: Okarian
Hair Color: Silver.
Skin Color: Blue-Grey
Eye Color: Black Pupils, Yellow Iris, Purple Scelera.
Weapon of Choice: Beam Sword [Dual] Photon Blaster.
Special Ability(s): Telekinetica.
Overdrive Finish: Psybeam Slam.
Combodrive Finish: (Cicnc) Primal Barrage. (Jenei) Unknown, (Cicnc & Jenei) Unknown.
Biography: A very cheerful-dispositioned young prince from the planet Okaria. After having his planet attacked by the Araraka, he wishes to prevent others from suffering from a fate his planet nearly had, and wishes to bring his elder brother Kaizere to justice by joining the GSC. He has a very keen sense of justice and equality, and always tries to perform compromises before excercising any sort of force because of his natural pacifist nature. He's all to trusting, and shows a great deal of naivete in many things, though he never allows negativity to cloud his resolve. He's an uplifting spirit to all those around him and proves to be able to perform tasks no matter how arduous.

Name: Cicnc the Serebian (SEA-SINK)
Age: 2 [At the begining, 5 After trainee program] 12 in Human Years.
Height: 2'4" normal size; 23"6 monster size.
Weight: 48lbs normal size; 820lbs monster size.
Race: Serebian; Okarian
Fur Color: Teal-Bluish
Eye Color: Yellow.
Weapon of Choice: fangs, various breaths & liquids shot from mouth.
Special Ability(s): Shape Shifter (Able to change between a small form, and a big form.)
Overdrive Finish: Chomptime.
Combodrive Finish: (Kazu) Primal Barrage. (Jenei) Unknown, (Kazu & Jenei) Unknown.
Biography: A mischevious and playful creature that is Kazumari's loyal companion. He left with Kazumari to train at the GSC after the Araraka attack on Okaria and proves himself as a very capable officer of sorts as well. Despite it's status, Cicnc is not above causing mischief towards anyone besides Kazumari. He also does not accept any order from anyone but Kazumari, and is scolded when he does wrong-doing. Cicnc is able to change his form at will and loves nothing more than eating, which he gladly does to many enemies. In fact, his name in Okarian "Cicnc" means "bottomless pit, or devour whole".

Name: Jennei Huuio [jehn-ey, hoo-ee-o]
Height: 6'9"
Weight: 154lbs
Race: Tiruokes
Hair Color: Golden Brown
Eye Color: Black Pupil, Blue Right Iris, Black Sclera, Red Cyborg Left Iris.
Skin-Color: Beige-Brown.
Weapon of Choice: Cyborg Abendages; Pulse Cannon, Homing Missiles, Gattling Blaster.
Special Ability(s): Scanning, Monstrous Strength.
Overdrive Finish: Gamma Blaster.
Combodrive Finish: (Kazu) Unknown, (Cicnc) Unknown, (Kazu & Cicnc) Unknown.
Biography: A quiet and reserved girl from the planet Tiruok, whom is now partnered along with Kazumari. She seems to have suffered from some sort of accident due to her cyborg apendages. Initially she is very aloof and somewhat distant from Kazumari, as she blames Okaria for what happened to her, and her people. She later opens up towards him near the end of the Trainee Program, where she is teased by some of the other Trainees for being a cyborg. After hearing him out, she takes back her initial preconceptions about the Okarians and wishes to help Kazumari bring Kaizere to justice. She is very attractive and tall, making her very intimidating to many of the opposite gender. She also believes that although Kazumari is too naive and doesn't completely understand the meaning of what it means to be a GSCPO quite yet, he does have the potential to become very skilled.

Antagonists
Spoiler for:
The Araraka:
A brute race of lizard-sub amphibian creatures that come from the planet Arave. They're very militaristic and plan to rule the entirety of the Gilga System through piracy. They come in a wide variety of shapes, sizes, and abilities, but always are wearing trademark Araraka Armor.

Kaizere Dantou XCI [91st]:
Kazumari's older brother, and former prince of Okaria. After being declined as the next King of the Dantou Kingdom, Kaizere began over the next few weeks before the Sonata Festival to wreak revenge and take over all of Okaria along with the Araraka. He was last seen fleeing with the Araraka and is now in league with them.

Features
Spoiler for:
- Overdrive System
- Overdrive Skills
- Combo Skills
- Custom HUD
- Mini-Games
- Custom Artwork
- Custom Sprites
- Multiple Worlds
- Multiple Party Members
- Skill-Environment Interaction
- Sidequests
- Custom Animations
- Voice Acting
- In-Battle Dialogue
- Treasure Hunting Mini-Game
- Underwater Diving
- Parallax Mapping
- Original Soundtrack
- Heartwarming & Comedic Scenes
- Memorable Characters
- Spell Checks
- Distribute Parameter Points
- And Many More!

Needed
Spoiler for:
Many of which listed in the Features list, I will be needing much assistance for, and I'm very well aware that it's a very arduous and laborious task. That's why I would like to ask as many as people as possible that are able to spare any free time to help me with this project if it intrigues them. I'm asking a good amount of people to divide the work evenly, so that not just two to three people are working on something that's very boring and time consuming.

Writers Needed: 2
- Myself
-ArtisticSpaz
-Kenura
-
-
-

(I'm not the greatest, but it would be very helpful to have anyone neccessary at all to give me feedback on what I can improve on, or what I can change and whatnot.)

Mappers Needed: 9
- Andrew Crow Stearns
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

(I'm absolutely terrible at mapping, this is most likely my biggest flaw with RPG VX, as I lack a very good attention to detail within maps. I would greatly appreciate it if more people sign up for this, especially if they know how to parallax map, that would be most helpful, but any one is more than welcome to sign up even if you cannot. Beggers can't be choosers Lol.)

Scripters Needed: 6 or 7
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

(I'm not entirely sure whether or not most of the things I have listed in the Features list requires custom scripting, or whether most of the scripts already exist and I just haven't found them yet. Very much so I would love to have my own battle HUD, and a menu system would be excellent as well. If anyone is courteous enough to lend their amazing script talents, I would be forever grateful.)

Musicians Needed: 5 or 6
- mittenengrey
- goregrith666
- Honoris
- Elezeid
-
-

(I believe I have atleast one musician already, though atm his name escapes me. And his program or computer is acting weird at the moment, so in the meantime, I would very much so like to ask anyone who has musical talent at helping to compose an original soundtrack for my game in their spare time as well, I'm certain that if the work is divided between atleast 5-6 people, Much more would be accomplished then just one or a few people.)

Artists Needed: 8 or 10
- Kwizkaii / Vlada Rosetta
- Chii24 / Danielle Pitts
- ThePancakeNinja
- Myself
-
-
-
-
-
-

(I have some sort of artistic ability myself, but it's not great. My friend Vlada on the other hand is very talented, here is a picture she drew of a more "adult-like" Kazu: http://rockebe.deviantart.com/#/d4dvke9 Other than that, it would be greatly appreciated for a good amount of artists as I have many characters dwelling within the recesses of my mind. Lol)

Spriters Needed: 8 or 10
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

(Same deal with the artists, as many of the characters I have planned will need custom sprites to go along with facegraphics and character art, I'm hoping I'm able to obtain some who have some spare time and love spriting as a hobby.)

Animators Needed: 6 or 8
- Kenura
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

(Since I will be using the sideview battle system, I'm asking those who are good at understanding all that codespeak to give their assistance with making custom battle animations such as those for combination attacks and such since those will be fairly frequent in-game, once again, anyone who has such a thing for a hobby is welcome!)

Voice Actors Needed: Undefined

(There will be a heavy amount of characters, Main and Side alike that will require voices. I myself may or may not voice Kazumari if I cannot find a suitable voice for him. A good amount of my friends are fairly good at voice acting, so they may get some parts a bit early since they have easy contact to me Lol. Anyway, It would be a great chance for those who love to voice act.)

World Development[/u]
Spoiler for:
This game will feature a variety of extraterrestials and other worlds. In a sense, it's similar to the Kingdom Hearts Series in the way the main character goes to different worlds, solves the problem of the Heartless, (Or in this case, the Araraka) and is temporarily joined by a main character from that series (Planet in my situation). The party member that joins temporarily will have their own brand of attacks, and will be able to perform combodrive finishes with atleast one or more of the main characters. (I'm still deciding if that would be too much, especially since I'm recruiting people to do it for me.) The main antagonists are The Araraka & Kaizere, though besides them, there will be others who share similar views as the Araraka and fight alongside them, and other just simple villains that will be in sidequests that offer items/weapons and such. While playing, the player will actually interact with the environment using certain skills. Such as Kazumari's "Lift" ability that makes objects temporarily float into the air. Or Jenei's Pulse Ray to oblitherate obstacles. It will be very puzzle-like. In all, it will combine some genere's from a lot of familiar games, while still retaining it's own style. (i.e. Puzzle's & Different Worlds).

Conclusion
Spoiler for:
In all, I sure am asking a lot of the RPG VX Community, a heavy amount of which I do not know. I'm hoping that atleast someone will find my idea intriguing and hopefully gather others along with me so I may be able to able to finally make my dream a reality. Everyone who works or contributes in some form or way or manner WILL ABSOLUTELY be credited on anything they contribute to this project, this includes the script's I will already be using when the team is gathered. I thank you for your time for reading my information and hopefully if you have any of the talents or attributes listed in the "Needed" list, please do contact me ASAP.

Contact Information
Spoiler for:
Email: kazuokamidubber@gmail.com
Youtube: Kazu0kami
Windows Live Messenger: kazuokamidubber@hotmail.com

If anything, absolutely was too vague or unclear please PM me here or any of the listed contacts and I will try my absolute best to clarify anything. I read the rules, so I'm sure that I followed everything correctly...but knowing me I'm certain I screwed up somewhere, so please do contact me ASAP! Thank you once again!

~Kazu0kami.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 06:55:45 AM by Kazu0kami »
"Fight the Power!"-Kamina

You pie feeders!
Rep:
Level 68
Everyone... Actually Everyone hates me :)
2012 Biggest Drama Whore
im pretty good at mapping, i'll help in my free time if you'd like.

i myself am much better at mapping and critique and flaws is a point of learning, as so in my first request on the forum: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,43255.0.html

i'm not the best at writing but i do what i can.

but i would like to try and help with a game other than my own.

and another reason i am trying to take multiple tasks is because i have way to much free time. so if you would consider me for a mapper i would greatly appreciate it
Final Statement: I chowder5lock am a dipshit and MA is a pretty cool dude.

Rep: +0/-0Level 64
Allen
I'd like to apply as one of your music composers.   I don't have a whole lot going on right now, and this project looks like a lot of fun.

Here's my application thread.

http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,44115.0.html

And here's my most recent track.

http://soundcloud.com/elezeid/quaint-village-for-a-childrens

Let me know if you like any of what you hear!

Manly Man
I'd like to apply as one of your music composers.   I don't have a whole lot going on right now, and this project looks like a lot of fun.

Here's my application thread.

http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,44115.0.html

And here's my most recent track.

http://soundcloud.com/elezeid/quaint-village-for-a-childrens

Let me know if you like any of what you hear!

Oh my god, I'm so sorry for such a late reply, as I've been busy trying to organize things here and there, and I haven't had time to check up on here! I have PM'd you, so if you're still available, I would really appreciate your time and cooperation!

Manly Man
im pretty good at mapping, i'll help in my free time if you'd like.

i myself am much better at mapping and critique and flaws is a point of learning, as so in my first request on the forum: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,43255.0.html

i'm not the best at writing but i do what i can.

but i would like to try and help with a game other than my own.

and another reason i am trying to take multiple tasks is because i have way to much free time. so if you would consider me for a mapper i would greatly appreciate it

Thank you for your reply! I apologize for my incredibly late response as I've been organizing and doing lots of school work, So I haven't been able to check up on here! I do appreciate the fact you have considered sparing your free time to help work on my project! I have PM'd you if you still happen to be available at all, thank you for consideration!