RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
GTA V

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I agree with the fact that GTA hasn't done much to advance the series, but I disagree with the notion that they're recycling tired gameplay because they know people will buy it anyway. I just think they've found a winning formula and don't want to tarnish it by trying to modify it. I think it'd be cool for Rockstar to explore other avenues with the series, but I think that would be best left for spinoffs and side-games.

That being said, I would never pay 60 dollars for GTA V. And in that sense, I do agree with the dissenters, because I already know what to expect from the game before it's even released. But I don't think that's a bad thing, for the people that are loyal fans of the series. And really, the same could be said of any major series. For instance, I'm gladly going to drop 60 on Skyrim in a week's time. But there aren't many people I know that are going to do the same, because they already have preconceived notions about the Elder Scrolls series and its style of gameplay, and if they only moderately enjoyed Oblivion, the cost won't be worth it to them.

For established genres like this, it mostly boils down to fan service. People who dislike GTA may not enjoy the static game mechanics, but that doesn't mean it's not the best course of action for the series. Rockstar would likely rather appeal to the handful of people who WILL spend top dollar on the title, than risk trying to pull in a new demographic who might do the same.

I didn't mean for this post to be this long but I suppose it happened anyway. Regardless, the game looks pretty cool.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
>implying the controls and gameplay weren't significantly different in the move from San Andreas to 4

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
There's no implication about it, that's pretty much exactly.what I'm saying.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
holk, you've obviously never fucking played 4 then because the game plays nothing like the others because of the physics engine. if you want to knock something knock the boring repetitive uncreative missions.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
The physics engine doesn't even add anything substantial, though. The only things I noticed about it were that people stick to your car when you hit them, and you bump into them when you run through a crowd. I guess that's different, but its not really that significant. A physics engine doesn't automatically.make a game "different". Im not saying that if you like GTA you're dumb or anything though. I'm just saying that as someone who has played all of them since the very first, there hasn't been a major change since 3. Generalizing, its just random year, random race, and prettier graphics.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
I want to play GTA V. .-.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
Saints Row 3 will be better LOAL

Rep:
Level 91
Personal Text
Personally, I would love to see Rockstar use the phsyics engine in a Medieval era game.
I feel I would love to see somebody knocked off their horse from the impact of my lance.

I realise the elder scrolls series could be classed as a fanasty GTA, but I feel there needs to be a game with the simplicity of GTA, Stats and things become too much of a factor and turn me away from some games, But also in saying that Im deffo going to fork out $120 for Skyrim and GTA V alike, yes $120, cause thats how much its going for in NZ, which is bull shit and not part of the topic.

I like the fact that rockstar went back a few eras with Red Dead, I would like to see them do it again but further back aswell.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
So the 2nd trailer came out yesterday.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vzue74y7A84" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vzue74y7A84</a>

But more interesting than that, a lot of information has come out.

The biggest news is that instead of playing as one character like in every game thus far, you play as three. You can freely switch between them at any time when not in a mission. It zooms out into the sky revealing the whole map, it shows where each character is, you pick one and it zooms down to where they are. When the characters aren't being played by you, they go about their daily lives and can wind up in different situations. There are also missions where you can play as two or three of the characters, all possibly doing completely different things. Like, one guy could be flying a helicopter, another on a roof sniping and another on the ground, and you could choose which you want to do or switch between them throughout the mission. Though apparently sometimes you have to switch, which is understandable.

Rockstar said that the map is larger than GTA IV, San Andreas and Red Dead Redemption combined. There's also wilderness and desert, which I thought was really cool in San Andreas. But it's made more lively by the addition of wild animals, like in Red Dead Redemption. So I guess you can go around destroying deers with your car.

There's a lot of neat other information too:
http://www.gtav.net/news/4477/first-gtav-online-previews-amp-new-screenshots
http://www.gtav.net/news/4473/game-informer-gtav-preview-now-available

As shown in this thread, I didn't think Rockstar could actually come up with a major new gameplay change for a GTA game. This whole three-character system is a HUGE deal, and I'm way more excited because of it.

Rep:
Level 102
THEY HAVE TUNAS AND SUBMARINES AND SHIT

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Not on PC :'(

Rep:
Level 102
Every non-mobile Grand Theft Auto game ever made has come out on PC. Just not at launch.

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
Every non-mobile Grand Theft Auto game ever made has come out on PC. Just not at launch.
and they've all been unoptimized as a horses ass for it. they didn't make GTA IV on PC decently playable until BOGT. hopefully they don't make that mistake again.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
But for console owners, now
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep