RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Critical Games Looking for a Spriter

Rep:
Level 64
RMRK Junior
Hello everyone!

My name is Joshua Hallaran and I'm the founder of Critical Games, a new indie game developer. My first commercial game (a one-man effort titled 'Path of Thanatos') was released three weeks ago on numerous websites, and for the past little while I've been working on my next project. This time, though, I can't do it alone, and so I am looking to hire a dedicated spriter to take care of the graphical requirements.

In regards to the game itself, it's an attempt at fusing elements of the RPG and Metroidvania genres. The player explores the thousands of years old ruins of an Alien prison complex, finding new items, weapons and power-ups, fighting for survival against enemies in turn-based battles (not the DBS), and interacting within the memories of a dead Alien warrior. In addition to mixing gameplay elements, the game often swaps between two perspectives - Top-Down and Side-Scrolling. The game will be developed using RPG Maker XP.

Now, about the Spriter's job. In terms of graphical style, I'm thinking some kind of marriage between the dark and atmospheric environmental graphics of Super Metroid and the tall, versatile and easily discernable style of character sprites used in Chrono Trigger. It's also worth noting that as the perspective shifts, two different charsets will be required for a few things (mainly the player character). There are seven different areas in the game, and each would require its own tileset. Additionally, four of those areas would require an alternate 'Past' tileset. It will be a lot of work and require some artistic creativity and dedication, but it will also be a chance to work on a fun and unique project.

As far as payment goes, I'll be blunt - I don't have much money. What I can offer you, however, is a 20% royalty payment on every copy of the game sold (10% goes to the order processor, 30% goes to the referral site, and the remaining 60% is divided equally between the spriter, the level designer, and myself).

Just as a note, the team already consists of a Game Designer, a dedicated Mapper/Level Designer, and a Composer. All that's left is the spriter and the team will be complete.

If all this sounds good to you and you have the skills, either send me a PM here on the RPG Maker Resource Kit, or alternatively email me at criticalgames@tpg.com.au
Any samples of your past work would be great to see, too!

Thanks a lot for looking! =)