RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
(solved)I need a specific script please

Rep: +0/-0Level 64
RMRK Junior
I would like to request a script that enables me too check for the existing class of the character(main only) and then provide options such as subclasses for that existing class, impossible or just very hard?

Example: Walk up to the sub-class trainer, click action button, then he says "i will train you in a sub-class,Runs check for
current class, provides sub-class choices according to current class.

deep example: say i was a mage, i had a sub-class set up as Battle mage, i want the script to check for mage then deliver
the option battle mage.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 06:59:43 AM by neroakira »

Rep:
Level 69
RMRK Junior
I'm pretty sure you could set that up in events rather than a script.

RMRK Junior
i've attempted it many times since reading the reply, i cannot and im not very good at scripting, btw, i did try before posting here.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
The event would work like this:
First off you need a variable (and in this example I'll call it maincclass) for when the player initially chooses his or her class (the main class), so for example if you have three different classes: Wizard, Knight, Thief each class will be set to a different maincclass value. When you're character is offered sub-classes, the maincclass variable will be checked for these values:
1 = Wizard
2 = Knight
3 = Thief
When the variable equals 1, the sub-classes for Wizard will be offered, etc.

Now here's how you do it (it's very simple):
When your choose your main class, have the next command be:
Control Variables: [maincclass] = X (The = means you told it to "Set" the variable to the value X, where X is the variable equal to the class)

Now we're going to have the sub-class teacher check for the main class:
Conditional Branch: Variable [maincclass] == X (The == means told it to check that maincclass is "Equal to" "Constant" X)

After the conditional branch you'll just offer the sub-classes based on the value of maincclass. You can extend this to as many classes as you want by just giving another unique number to each main class that you want. Just remember that each main class number needs to be unique and it needs to be Set to it, not Add, Sub, Mul, Div, Mod.

RMRK Junior
oh lol, thnx man, i didn't think about that sorry for the trouble then