RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Final Fantasy VIII - Revelation of Angels

Rep: +0/-0Level 66
Rawr
Very Important Note:

Project Cancelled. Gotta make a new one.

Final Fantasy VIII - Revelation of Angels 1.1 Download Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?v3v1bh938t48wb6

Genre: Fantasy
Difficulty: Fairly Easy
Setup File Size: 45.53 MB
Possible Gametime: 30 minutes
Estimated Download time: 5 Minutes
Platform:PC/(Tentative: PSP)
Original Game: Final Fantasy VIII by Square Enix

CONTROLS

Move Left: Left Button
Move Right: Right Button
Move Up: Up Button
Move Down: Down Button
Action/Interact: ENT Key
Cancel/Menu: ESC Key   
F1: Game Configuration
F2: Show FPS

Summary:

Final Fantasy VIII - Revelation of Angels is a fantasy based game created with the help of RPGXP. This game was supposedly called "School Fantasy" but with a lot of changes to the plot that lead to some linear stories from the game Square Enix created "Final Fantasy VIII", it was renamed. The game focused on giving players additional background information on what happened in that series via use of the plot style from that of FF8 to let the player experience it. The player has a chance to battle a secret boss (almost everywhere in this series). The setting of the game took place at the same world as FF8 but at the different time. The first ever version of the game has been released but I decided to pull that back because of some graphical issues and a confusing story line..

Character Designs were created by: Anabelle Rose Pauline T. Vivo

Some Spoilers:

Character Design
Main Protagonist Name: Tricia Heartilly

Character Design
Main Antagonist: Reva Heartilly

Both:
Birthdate: October 19, 1998

Story:
After 8 years since Squall and Rinoa defeated Ultimecia, Squall went to somewhere far away without Rinoa knowing where. Rinoa thought to herself, "I will go there where we promised to meet.". So she went there and saw no Squall but she met two children who were twins and she decided to take them home. They agreed to her and they went home. They said that they have no mother nor father. They just saw themselves with thick feathers enveloping them. Rinoa decided to give them names. The one was Tricia and the other one was Reva. After several years later, Rinoa decided to be sealed away by the people of Esthar and the 2 girls decided to save her but with their own separate paths. After 12 years, Tricia met a guy named Den.He was cruel, silent, loner, cold and ruthless. She forced him to join and ended up looking for her mother. Will they succeed?

Note: I'm not gonna release 1.2 and I will change it to 2.0

v2.0 expected fixes and new features:
- Map rearrangement
- Extended Dialogues
- New Boss Fights
- Stand-alone game (I hope so)
- Alternative Endings
- Optional Boss!
- Additional Songs

Post here for further suggestions for version 1.2.

Miscellaneous:
Alternate Character Design for Tricia Heartilly:

« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 05:00:32 AM by Denis Leonhart »

ヘへヘヘ、…さあて、遊んで上げるよ。

Rep: +0/-0Level 75
Watashi wa kodoku unmei ni moeru y?na akumada...
More screenshots please. And more information.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
I second that

Rawr
Done putting pics.

ヘへヘヘ、…さあて、遊んで上げるよ。

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Really, I don't think you should be making a fan game if this is your first project. They usually don't go over very well, even with experienced game makers. If you're really set on it though, I'll give you a bit of advice. It'll probably sound harsh, but keep in mind that it's all to try and help you learn.

First off, your mapping is bad. Try watching some tutorials. Here are some good XP ones:http://www.youtube.com/user/willowsidhe#p/u

Secondly, your story needs a lot of work. All you did was copy Rinoa and Squall and call them original characters. Also "They went missing" is a bad plot starter. I recommend reading tvtropes for some interesting plot twists and stuff to get you started: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Plot

Rawr
Actually, this is my third creation..

ヘへヘヘ、…さあて、遊んで上げるよ。

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Quality over quantity my friend.

I played your demo. It doesn't work on its own. I had to paste the data into a new project. Something about the rgss.dll being missing.

For transfers, set them to player touch. I thought they were broken until I pressed enter.
Caves don't normally turn into opulent marble goddess palaces. Tents don't look like houses on the inside. Houses don't have waist high stone partitions in place of walls. "Dennis" seemed rather nonchalant about some stranger coming in his housetent while he was sleeping and cooking him "a bacon" for no good reason.

Seriously, none of this makes *any* sense. You walk into a cave, find ultimecia, she sends you to space, Rinoatricia talks to a crystal that sends her to a tent, she walks in the tent and starts cooking Squallis breakfast. This all happens in the space of about five seconds with very little dialogue in between. Where is the logical cause and effect to any of this?

Rawr
You sir are brilliant!

Maybe you could help me!

Can you?

ヘへヘヘ、…さあて、遊んで上げるよ。

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
That's ma'am thank you, and I have been trying to help, though I can only help you so much. Here's another site to help with eventing and other things: http://www.rmxp.tigerseye.uk.com/

Rawr
Correction: I'm a man.

ヘへヘヘ、…さあて、遊んで上げるよ。

Rep:
Level 82
Correction: I'm a man.
She was referring to herself, not you.

First off, you need to work on your mapping. You could search the forums for mapping tutorials.

Secondly, your demo doesn't work. You need to compress your project into a installer(thingy), not just delete off the project file.

Thirdly, your story...
Squall went to somewhere far away without Rinoa knowing where.
Rinoa thought to herself, "I will go there where we promised to meet.". So she went there
The story is contradicting itself. How can Rinoa 'go there' when she doesn't even know where Squall is?

I haven't tried the demo yet (too lazy to paste into new project) but there's things you need to work on.

Rawr
It's because Squall and Rinoa promised that if they ever don't find each other. They will meet at that place ( The Orphanage ).

Also I didn't include the project itself so that noone other than me can edit it.

third, I don't know how to separate the game itself from the RTP so that it could run independently.

ヘへヘヘ、…さあて、遊んで上げるよ。

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Don't take out the project. That's probably what's causing the error. Go to file and choose to compress the data, then check the box to encrypt it.

Rep:
Level 61
I didn't knew I was so outdated with RPG Maker xD
Can anyone send this topic to the abandoned projects? My bro who created this told me so.  ;D