RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] Battle System

Rep:
Level 65
RMRK Junior
Does anyone knows where to get a look like a breath of fire battle system? I realy want that bcoz it's cool ^_^
Tnx in advance!

Rep:
Level 83
Taka the Dark Wind
You might try Sim RPG Maker 95. It has a tactical battle system. I'm not sure if it is similar to Fire Emblem. But it's worth looking at.

Rep:
Level 65
RMRK Junior
I want it for RMXP not in RM95. But tnx anyway.

Rep:
Level 63
:3
Ever look up Atoa's CBS? It's good for virtually anything, and it should give you the desired effect you want. ^^
When life gives you lemons~

Rep:
Level 65
RMRK Junior
 ;8 No it does not. Because i tried it. Hmmmm... Ignore the BS in BOF IV. I am looking for a CBS that a view of diagonal or isometric.

Rep:
Level 63
:3
You can make it work like that, I've seen it done. :3
When life gives you lemons~

Rep:
Level 65
RMRK Junior
Can you tell how.

Tnx in advance!

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
making a physical representation of what you want will give us a much better understanding of how to do it... Perhaps a mockup using MS paint and a few sprites? Or a better explanation?
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Rep:
Level 65
RMRK Junior
This don't need a better explanation. This is a CBS that is not a side view and not also a front view. so, it is isometric. any kind of isometric BS will do.

Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
so... this is what you want?

then I don't see why this is such a difficult concept for you to create or find... Hell, you could just modify the  x and y positioning of an SBS to make it isometric if that's the case... Unless, of course, you meant something else, which is what I am assuming.

However, since you do not give a better explanation (or a mockup), I cannot fathom what it might be.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 11:54:25 PM by Sashikinaroji »
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Rep:
Level 83
Apprentice Mapper
  That seems to me what he wants, Its been a while since i have been shopping for battle systems, i just use blizz-abs..... although good luck...... and i dont think 95 version is out is it? i been looking for it( sorry to get off topic.)
Im a RPG Maker Vetren, ive used 2K, 2K3, RMXP, and RMVX, I have my likes and dislikes with them all.

Rep:
Level 65
RMRK Junior
Ok... But where can i change it? and what exactly the number will i put to make it isometric?

Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
well, that depends on which battle system you are using. First you have to get a side-view battle system, then you need to find where they define the locations for the player sprites. That's where you would change it.

But I'm not going to look for a battle system for you, because you are the only one who can decide which one would be best for their project.

Rep: +0/-0Level 55
RMRK Newbie
Just want to ask about this topic.. How about charlie fleed's battle system or atoa's battle system? but for atoa's battle system there is an isometric their but it's not that isometric, the enemy's battlers only moved up and the character's battlers moved down so it will look like an isometric...