RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
RMXP - Fragments (Extreme Early Development)

Rep: +0/-0Level 65
Fragment Ugaki

An RPG Maker XP Game under development.

** Note: This game as only been in development for around 2-3 days. Please give us some time before asking for screenshots, as we are making our graphics custom.

Title: Fragments
Genre: Action-Adventure/Paranormal
Rating: N/A
Developer: White Circle Studios (A fraction of the team, anyway.)
Release date TBA (In basically pre-development.)

Story

Spoiler for:
Death is not the end....

In the world between, a soul's elements of purity and darkness are divided and sent to the eternal resting places by a natural process. The goodness flows into the heavens, becoming the beings one call Angels. The evil portions are cast into the pit where they become the beings widely known as Demons. These Angels and Demons maintain the balance and order of the Human world.

However, things are not always so simple. At times the process of splitting souls malfunctions, causing the new being to retain some of the human properties. These individuals become hollow shells of their former selves and reside in the in-between purgatory world. Angels that retain some human properties transform into creatures called Kourin, and Demons who do the same are labeled as Makka.

Consequently, these spirits cause a severe imbalance in the world in-between, and sometimes influence or interrupt a dead soul's splitting process. When a Kourin or Makka interfere in the division, it is called Fragmenting. The result of Fragmenting are dead humans who's memories and soul shards are shattered and spread about Purgatory. These humans are called Fragments, and live in civilizations within the Purgatory. Fragments are sometimes called "ghosts" by those in the Human world, as Fragments can often influence reality in the realm of the living.

If a Fragment has enough determination, he or she can collect the pieces of themselves that are scattered about and earn another chance at live through the process of Reincarnation. However, most Fragments retain no recollection of their former lives and so eke out their existence in the Purgatory for eternity.

In the game Fragments, you will play as a cast of characters who seek their second chance at a life among the living. Though this is the surface plot, sub-plots will develop as the game progresses, throwing the entire cast into an unforgettable journey that transcends life and death.

Characters

Spoiler for:

IBARA

Height: 166 cm
Weight: 60 kg

Ibara is the main character of Fragments. After his fragmentation he has held onto a grudge against all Kourin and Makka, making it his point of living to slay those who interrupt the dividing process. Unlike most others of his kind, Ibara has very strong flashbacks of his former life which drives him to seek a second chance via reincarnation. His soul resonates to his missing pieces so that he can find them easily. In personality, Ibara can be quite rude and standoffish towards others. He also possesses a terrible temper and can be moody. However, he has a strong sense of justice and a will to protect others from harm, making him a good ally. Because he is easily provoked, Ibara sometimes rushes into dangerous situations without considering the consequences. He also believes that hard work earns a living. He is quite demanding of others and even more demanding of himself. Ibara never stays in one place for too long, preferring to keep on the move at all times. This makes him perfect for a daring adventure.

-----

(in-game sprite not available)

MIN

Height: 144 cm
Weight: 37 kg

Don't let her cute appearance fool you! Min has a sharp attitude that is twice the size of her small, lithe body. Being short and agile has its perks: Min is a self-trained thief and pickpocket. She knows how to fib her way out of trouble and uses her childlike charm to avoid danger though she is capable of defending herself in battle. While she often gives into her selfish, demanding ways, Min's true self is just a lost girl in need of a few friends. However, not even Ibara will trust her as far as he can throw her.

-----

Coming next.

Notarou and Suzu, the remaining party members. Stay tuned.

Planned Features

Spoiler for:

* Completely original graphics and music/sound effects.
* An engaging story with sub-quests and multiple endings to achieve.
* Enthralling battle system with transformations and co-operative techniques.
* Crafting items in various ways to enhance the party.
* Dazzling cutscenes filled with original artwork and animations.
* Extensive amounts of dialogue with voices.
* More to come.

Sneak Peeks

Spoiler for:

The beginning of the battle GUI.

The current status of our custom window skin.

Testing out the environment style.

A work in progress battle stance.

The rough proportions guide.

The Team

Spoiler for:
FragmentRonan - Project Leader, Programmer, Sprite Artist
[S.O.U.L.] - 2D Concept artist
Ugaki - Writer, Support Artist
Kurui - Tileset Artist, Vocalist
Nightmare Nadia - Composer, Sound Designer

Comments, questions, criticisms, and feedback welcome.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 02:38:47 AM by Ugaki »

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
That's one powerful story you got there. I can't wait to see what you do with it.

And I'm really digging the art.

Rep: +0/-0Level 65
Fragment Ugaki
The character art has an update. I've been developing my skills and taking more care with my art.

The map artist has been sick so all we've gotten besides my portraits are animated sprites which I am not at liberty to show. We're planning to have a game introduction soon as an animation with voice over. When that is available I will post it. The story and plot have been under extreme development as that is our main focus. We want to make an RPG after all. I'm just making the art on the side so the development will become easier once the script for the game is completed.