RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RMVX] Macks Tileset how to make a house!!!!

Rep:
Level 87
Ummmm hi im still trying to learn how to use this tileset and I've basically got everything down except the houses.... I cannot for the life of me figure out exactly how to do it. I dont see the tiles you need to make a house look good so I was wondering If anyone could make a tutorial on how to map a house with this tileset.

And if you dont know what it is

Here:

And here are the houses Ive spent so much time trying to figure out how to make (basically all of them but ESPECIALLY the church)

Dont criticize me Im posting this asking for help and would very much appreciate it if someone did.....
You think so?

Rep:
Level 87
Uhhh could someone help? I honestly cannot figure this out trust me I've been trying......
You think so?

Rep:
Level 82
Wait...if you have the project with the tilesets then why didn't you use the tilesets/copy the format of the houses from the project?  ???

Anyway, of all the tilesets that you posted, you didn't post one crucial Mack tileset-
TileC, that contained the bue roof you were searching for:

How to use:

-Create a house as you usually would (TileA3)
-Create an extension of the house, eg: --------------------------
                                                     l                                   l
                                                     l             part A              l
                                                     l                                   l
                                                     ----------         ----------
                                                                   l        l
                                                                   l        l           -------->Extension
                                                                   l        l
                                                                   -------

-Place roof over the entire section of part A
-As for the 'small roofs' just place them over the roof tile. They're TileCs.

-As for the church, follow the ^ steps just that put the bell tower as events over the roof.

That's about it. Good luck.

Rep:
Level 87
Thank you very much that helps and is so much better than how I was attempting.......not criticizing you or anything but I was wondering if you knew how to make the house look like its not connected seperately like with the house in the upper left It looks like the roof is connected to the back Its kinda hard to explain...... :P If you dont get it I can try to elaborate better...

actually if you go to http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DT0280LM within the project theres the map screenshot I showed Ive spent about 2 hours trying to replicate the houses he made Ive even tried layering over the house to see the steps he did but to no avail Im completely clueless....I'm stumped.

Oh and I do have the tile c I just did not notice that I didnt upload it sorry :(
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 07:44:08 PM by godlock2006 »
You think so?

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
not criticizing you or anything but I was wondering if you knew how to make the house look like its not connected seperately like with the house in the upper left It looks like the roof is connected to the back Its kinda hard to explain......

Use these tiles to overlap the top:

You might have to use events.

Rep:
Level 82
not criticizing you or anything but I was wondering if you knew how to make the house look like its not connected seperately like with the house in the upper left It looks like the roof is connected to the back Its kinda hard to explain......

Use the middle section of the triangular roof(TileC) and place it over the square roof(TileA3).