RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RMXP] Magia: The Enchantress

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007

Presents:
A fantasy RPG Game made in RPG Maker XP

Summary: Follow the story of a young girl whose life takes a life changing direction after she founds out she's born with the gift of magic.

Story
Magia. School of gifted people. For centuries the school has been the escape point for people gifted with magic from the rest of the world, who saw them as a threat to the humanity itself.. Students were teached how to control their magic, and at the meantime learn new spells. The school was founded by a powerful witch by the name of Erecia. After her death, the school was taken over by several mages to continue to teach and train mages.

However, one day, the school suddenly vanished. No one knew what happen to it. No one wanted to know either.
From that day, mages and witches had nowhere to live peacefully, and soon, they vanished aswell.

20 years later, we find Celestin. A young girl who lives with her father in the village Aztora. She lives a happy life, until a dramatic life event forces her to escape from her village and find Magia, School of gifted people.

Setting
In this world, there's two kind of people. People with the gift of magic, called Himans. And people without it, called Humans. In the beginning, they lived side by side. But the jealousy and paranoia against the himans grew greater and greater within the humans. and soon, himans weren't able to live together with the humans without being killed or outcast. It was at this time Magia was created. Now, himans were able to live peacfully under the protection of Erecia.

Characters
Main Characters

Celestin
Personality: Calm and sophisticated
Celestin is our main heroine. she lives in Aztora with her father. At a young age, she was forced to start working as a maid in the village, because her father didn't own alot of money. One day, after a dramatic event, she founds out she's born with the ability of magic, and is forced to escape from her village. She later ends up in Magia to start a new life, not knowing of the adventures she's about to end up in.

Lydia
Personality: Shy and wise
Gifted with the power of healing, Lydia studies on Magia as one of the last remaining students. Lydia is a shy girl. But when she speaks, everyone listen. Her intelligence is no match by others. She befriends Celestin when she arrives to Magia.

Kenie
Personality: Outgoing and cocky
Kenie is one of the few remaining druids that exist. Gifted with the power of nature, she studies on Magia as one of the last remaining students. As a little girl, she was adopted by one of the teachers of Magia, and has lived there since. She's a very outgoing girl, and can't help to tease Lydia every now and then. She befriends Celestin when she arrives to Magia.

Orin
Personality: Handsome and strong.
Orin is one of the few humans that trusts himans. He works on the training ground at Magia, and is also the adopted son of the same teacher as Keinie, making him Kenies older brother. He's an exellent archer.

Markus
Personality: Generous and stubborn
Older brother of Lydia and the leader of Church of Newia. He used to be a student at Magia, but left the school since he belivied he's fully trained. He created Church of Newia in order to spread the stories of Magia, and also give proection to fleeing Himans.

Gordon
Personality: Loyal to his friends
Gordon is a crusader of Church of Newia. as a child, he was saved by the headmaster of Magia from a monster, and has since then been loyal to Magia. He joined Church of Newia in order to protect all himans from the humans. He also have a daughter named Scarlett.

Feauters
Wonderful music by Senses-circuit.com
Fun puzzles
Wonderful edited RTP graphics

Screenshots

Credits
Graphics
Naramura
Cogwheel
Ail
RPG Maker Wiki
Enterbrian
The Shadow
Erk
Nightdreams
Cooltext
Teng HU
Mack
Avernus
Mark

Scripts
Ccoa = UMS
Blizzard = Easy LvlUp Notifier, Tons of Add-ons, Easy Party Switcher
Juan = Battle Icons
parasite.jp = Battle Font
XRXS, Dubealex, and Hypershadow180 = Ring Menu
COGWHEEL = Plug 'n' Play Menu Bars
Claimh = Double Battle Animation
The Law G14 = Custom Skill Screen
RPG Advocate = Advanced Shop Status Window
ARA = Title Screen
Amanda = Splash Scene script
Fyre = Custom Status Script

Music
Enterbrian
HOTS
Senses-circuit.com
Joerao

That's all I have for now. Topics will be edited later  ;):)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 07:11:19 PM by The Shadow »

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
There's some nice mapping there. Nice spacing. The maps are full but not clustered. I'm tired of seeing project with horrible mapping. The only thing that looks odd is that door in the second screenshot... why does it stick out so much?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 89
I haven't edited the door yet to fit with the rest. So the door is a WIP.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Looks great so far Shadow! Keep it up.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
This looks interesting.

Rep:
Level 89
Thanks for the comments guys :)

Updated the first post with one new character!

Gordon
Personality: Loyal to his friends
Gordon is a crusader of Church of Newia. as a child, he was saved by the headmaster of Magia from a monster, and has since then been loyal to Magia. He joined Church of Newia in order to protect all himans from the humans. He also have a daughter named Scarlett.

Rep:
Level 89
Here's some new screenshots:

Menu system:

Status Screen by Fyre:

I also have to point out that the bars of this script is based on the bar script made by Sephirothspawn, so credits goes to him aswell.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
I don't know what it is about XP games that is unattractive to me; but this just looks better each time I see it.

Rep:
Level 63
De Faalboot - The Failboat
Looking good!

You mentioned that link to Sensed Circuit. I took a look at that site. Are those BGM's copyright free? Because i'm also making a game, but i need some epic music without getting a million copyright claims from Two Steps From Hell...
~~De Faalboot

Biggest of them all

~Silmar's Shadow~
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,44500.0.html