RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Huge Problem that needs resolved! [2K3]

Touhou Fantasy Developer and all around cool person. :)
Rep:
Level 85
T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
So, I know that normally, the Victory/Defeat handler for enemies when set to [Execute Custom Handler] doesn't give you a game over. I have used this several times in my game and not once has anything went wrong. However, it seems that after I installed the East Asia Language pack on my computer, it seems that whenever you are defeated in such a handler, it game overs...which doesn't make any sense since you're NOT supposed to game over at all...does anyone happen to know what the problem may be? :<

***EDIT***

Here's the odd thing. I tested this in my super old project, and it works perfectly fine there (can even walk around with a 0 HP character there on the world map. Just you can't enter battles with said character or else Game Over), but the moment the event happens in my game, it game overs even though there's events and whatnot for being defeated. I don't know what's going on at all, but it's really putting a damper on my spirits here. This has never happened at all before :<

***EDIT 2****

In addition to this, I tried my backup copy on my external to see if it would happen there, but it does not. So either something bugged up in my current game, or there's something else...I don't know what...

***EDIT 3***

Ok, it's definitely the database that's bugged...I know normally you can walk around on the overworld with a party full of dead characters. It seems that whenever I get done with the battle, it's like RPG Maker forgot that code and just...Game Overs you anyways. Is there a way to fix this without having to fall back to old data, since that would require me to have to rework a bunch of crap? I really hope that's not the case here...but if it is, then I'll have no choice since this is bugging up everyone's game that downloaded my recent patch >_>;;
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 06:50:41 AM by Xenomic »

Rep:
Level 66
RPG2k3 Meowster
Never heard of this problem. o-o

Is it bugging for every encounter you did that too? Or just new ones?

Rep:
Level 85
For every encounter that uses the Victory/Defeat handler it's doing that with. Makes the game impossible to progress in.

Rep:
Level 85
Ok....so I found out the cause...but WHY it causes it is beyond me.

So, I had a Parallel Process running in the background. This is what it does

If [Yumemi] is equipped with [Final Impact]
   Change Skills: [Adds skills here]
Else
   Remove Skills: [Remove skills up above here]
End

That's all...how THAT was messing with the Victory/Defeat handler, I don't know...and if it DOES mess with it that badly, then I need to think of another way of doing this, since the whole gimmick of this character was that she gets her skills based on what weapon she has equipped and at what level she is...>_>

Rep:
Level 66
RPG2k3 Meowster
Ok....so I found out the cause...but WHY it causes it is beyond me.

So, I had a Parallel Process running in the background. This is what it does

If [Yumemi] is equipped with [Final Impact]
   Change Skills: [Adds skills here]
Else
   Remove Skills: [Remove skills up above here]
End

That's all...how THAT was messing with the Victory/Defeat handler, I don't know...and if it DOES mess with it that badly, then I need to think of another way of doing this, since the whole gimmick of this character was that she gets her skills based on what weapon she has equipped and at what level she is...>_>
Well, if it's a parallel process wouldn't it keep tryin to add the skill continuously? o-o
Also, how did you determine this was the issue?

Rep:
Level 85
I used my old backup database and put each of the new stuff that I had added recently in, then had an Auto-Start event for a Victory/Defeat handler (both parts empty) to see what was causing it. Though I don't know WHY that would've caused it to screw up with the handler and make it Game Over instead of continuing it...

Rep:
Level 66
RPG2k3 Meowster
Does it not work if the weapon is equipped or not equipped or both?
I don't see why it would do this, unless your not showing all the code effecting it.

Rep:
Level 85
Actually, I didn't get to test it with the weapon equipped. It only happened when the weapon was unequipped. It was mainly just this (as an example code):

Code: [Select]
Branch If Yumemi Final Impact Equipped
   Change Skills: Yumemi Foie Add
Else Handler:
   Change Skills: Yumemi Foie Remove
End

That's what it was. I think I need to make it so that a variable or something is used for this to work right, but again, I have no idea why this would affect anything else...