RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Music] Crystal Forest

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Can't be bothered doing my usual entire speech. Just listen.
I will tell you this; there's about 16 measures near the middle of the piece where the synth voice drops out and it's just guitar, bass, drums and flute. That's supposed to be an improvised flute solo, and will be when it is recorded next year (^_^). This is, obviously, a file Sibelius spat out at me when I was done, so I just plugged in the usual theme to fill the awkward space that would've been otherwise.
I mentioned a recording of this. This is my big composition project for this semester, and next year the entire class makes a CD of each of our compositions. Of live recordings. So I'm pretty excited about that.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 06:25:10 AM by irock »
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I thought I was listening to Chrono Cross for a second. lol that one chord in the beginning of the progression sounds just like it. It's lovely though.

I think a bit more reverb would help your sound out a lot. Is this music for a video game, or just for the sake of music?

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Glad you mentioned that. I was actually hesitant about the amount of reverb, but now you've restored my faith in it.
The rough draft of this was written for the ARC RTP, i.e. video game music, then I developed it into this. This version is not intended for video games, though I suppose it could be used so. This was developed for school, a project all the music students have to do.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Due to a lack of harp and synth I'm being forced to change those two instruments to piano (with plenty of pedal) and strings, respectively. Unless anyone else has better ideas I could substitute them with? That would be cool.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
I can't quite remember if I ever posted the recording of this. Either way, here it is (finished like a year ago, lol). I was so incredibly happy with the way it turned out, especially so with the drumming (which was completely improvisatory). The flute solo took ages to record because the flautist isn't so skilled at counting. So, for anyone who cares, without further gloating about how great it is:

Nobody question the 16 month necropost.