RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] Divine Euphoria

Rep:
Level 76
RMRK Junior

Divine Euphoria is a Fantasy/Adventure visual novel.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
STORY
A man named Irving travels from land to land, collecting mystical items, for the women he loves. Breaking curses put upon him and making new friends, even more enemies. Divine Euphoria doesn't contain much of a continuous story, it mostly remains episodic. Some events from previous episodes do come up in later episodes.

EPISODE 1
"If you wish, I will become a rose"
Irving meets a mysterious lady named Arabella, they become fast friends. Irving enters a cave where a mystical spirit named The Forgotten Spirit, he gaurds an mystical item called The Orb of Life. Irving defeats him in battle and grasps his spirit in hopes of grasping his power however instead of earning his power, the spirit is now trying to take control over his body. Meanwhile Arabella has a gift waiting for him.

EPISODE 2
"Powerful"
Irving meets up with an old friend, a dragon. Irving tells him about his cursed arm. The dragon tells him about a forest populated by fairies, one such fairy will bless him, thus lifting the curse. Irving travels to the forest of fairies and is attacked by a tank machine that runs on steam. Irving then meets a fairy named Syferness who cannot bless Irving but tells him that there is a book that will teach him a spell that will lift the curse. Syferness brings Irving to the temple. Irving enters. There is a powerful foe in the temple and a book about the history of the temple....

EPISODE 3
"The Red Moon"
Irving reaches a friendly town, he meets a familiar face, goes to an armory, buys a new hunting knife and sleeps under a tree. He has a bad dream. Wakes up... Night time. A mysterious man sneaks around Irving whom is anxious to try out his new hunting knife. Irving unsheathes his hunting knife and follows the mysterious man through the woods. Out to the other side in a vast field, the two combatants do battle....
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WORLD
Divine Euphoria takes place in a high fantasy world. Demons hide in dungeons, monsters roam the outskirts of towns and villages. The fields are vast and Irving needs to explore them all. Magic is a dangerous weapon, many people us it, magic is the most dangerous weapon known to human kind, however humans are weak compared to other creatures. Fairies. Demons. Their magic is even more powerful, thy creatures acursed with sacred magic. Demons can defeat anyone in glorious battle with out even moving and inch. Fairies need a magic stone to do their magic, their magic is blessed with good intentions. Spirits are in the form a blue flame, their magic is more complex than humans. For one thing, they can take form of an artificial human.
There is a subconscious hatred between humans and other creatures, humans are considered greedy and emotion driven psychopaths, while other creatures are considered unintelligent barbarians.
Machinery is a rare sight, all machines run on steam and are mostly used for war.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHARACTERS

IRVING
Irving is the only regular character in every episode. He is a master of survival and adventure. His weapons are hunting knives, bows and arrows, magic, and silence. He is equipped with a back pack that contains, a tent, a lantern that explodes with a magic spell (Aeledfyr!), bottled water and other things he picks up along the journey. His motivation for traveling seems to be for a woman he loves, he tries his best not to leave an impression on other people unless he see's it necessary. He has an avid love for weaponry. He has reoccurring nightmares about hurting, killing or being forced to kill people.

SYFERNESS
Syferness is the leader of the Forest of Fairies. She is quiet and cold. Irving first meets her on top of a tree branch asking her for help with his cursed arm. She says that she cannot heal his arm as her mother once did but she does know a book located inside a hidden temple that will help him heal his arm. She brings him into the temple. Her weapon of choice is a magical stone that grants her magical powers of healing and nature.

???
A young quiet boy that lives in the temple hidden in the Forest of Fairies. He has unmatched magical powers. He fights standing still while his magic does everything for him. Irving first sees him inside a huge room in the temple, smiling back at him as he says "Hello." Irving asks him for a book of healing, he says no, the two than grave into battle. He really hates Syferness and says unto her "Out of all the souls, you were the worst." His name is never revealed.

BLUDBIGEN
He first appears in the book, "O Glorious Beginnings" where he appeared from a magic circle. He stands there and says nothing. He appears back again to fight Irving for an unknown reason.

SCREENSHOTS

MUSIC
Fullmetal Alchemist Soundtrack
Wolf's Rain Soundtrack

Images uploaded with ImageShack.us

Download Divine Euphoria

YOUTUBE-----
Episode 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GebY3QUc1Xk
Episode 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0vbcCGiw2w
Episode 3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WB9uzqWM6Bk
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 12:15:44 AM by KingLes98 »

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
Very interesting take!
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
Cool, a visual novel!

Rep:
Level 76
RMRK Junior
I am now uploading Divine Euphoria on to Youtube - Episode 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GebY3QUc1Xk

Rep:
Level 88
&& Lime
Winner - 2011 Spring Project of the Season
I personally like the idea of this. I have a couple things that I would change though.

I love the retry style of art for the backgrounds, but it clashes with the face graphics. In my opinion I would find a set of retro style facesets that match with the backgrounds.
Another thing is the font. I would find a font used in older games so that it would match better with the backgrounds.

Other than that the idea of this and the direction you're taking it I like so far. I hope you continue this!

Edit: Something like this is what I had in mind:

And for the face:

Those examples are very rough but you get the idea.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 11:58:48 PM by Bunny »

hey, pasta!

i'm not okay.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
What a pile of genius.

Rep:
Level 76
RMRK Junior
I personally like the idea of this. I have a couple things that I would change though.

I love the retry style of art for the backgrounds, but it clashes with the face graphics. In my opinion I would find a set of retro style facesets that match with the backgrounds.
Another thing is the font. I would find a font used in older games so that it would match better with the backgrounds.

Other than that the idea of this and the direction you're taking it I like so far. I hope you continue this!

Edit: Something like this is what I had in mind:

And for the face:

Those examples are very rough but you get the idea.

Thanks~ But Divine Euphoria is already sorta done. :(

What a pile of genius.

lol well I'm no genius, but thanks for teh feedbakz  :P

Anyways here is episode 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0vbcCGiw2w
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 07:02:37 AM by KingLes98 »

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
I guess I was talking to both of you then  :P

I'll download this for sure tomorrow.

Rep:
Level 76
RMRK Junior
I guess I was talking to both of you then  :P

I'll download this for sure tomorrow.
lol sorry. Hahaha~ ...............................How awkward for me. *studio audience laughs*
Anyways the next episode is up on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WB9uzqWM6Bk