RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Things I wish I knew earlier...

Rep:
Level 70
RMRK Junior
The more experience I gain mapping and eventing, I've found that there are a lot of things I wish I knew earlier.  It just makes me feel like a total idiot for not knowing something that was intended to be Obvious!  So, I thought we could share some of those things with the rest of the Community so we can all benefit.  I'll start off with one dumb trick that I really wish that I had known when I began mapping, and found accidentally while trying to Run, hit the wrong key, then found out about this "Trick".  If anyone else has any Tricks or Quirks, please feel free to share them as well!

Holding the CTRL Key while Playtesting allows you to Walk through Solid Walls and Avoid Encounters.

---

Event Scripts BREAK if they overrun on their Lines.

Doesn't affect the Main Script Window.  For example:
Code: [Select]
message.text_speed = message.text_spe
ed_player

or

message.text_speed = message
.text_speed_player

This Event Script will work: (with the right variables set up)
message.text_speed =
message.text_speed_player
Heretic's Vehicles XP (Boat and Magic Carpet)

Heretic's Collection XP Ver 2.3 - Updated to include Dynamic Lighting, Moving Platforms, Vehicles, and much much more!

Rep:
Level 69
RESIDENT ADONKADONK
I wish I knew all of this stuff too!
I found that in VX:
Game_Player has this:
  return if $TEST and Input.press?(Input::CTRL)   # During test play?
    return if in_vehicle?                           # Riding in vehicle?
    if $game_map.bush?(@x, @y)                      # If in bush
      @encounter_count -= 2                         # Reduce encounters by 2
    else                                            # If not in bush
      @encounter_count -= 1                         # Reduce encounters by 1
    end
This reduces the encounter rate by one when pressing the CTRL button, this is true,[/code]

def debug_through?
    return false unless $TEST
    return Input.press?(Input::CTRL)
  end
This is the other thing, only part I think.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 09:45:16 PM by Adon »

I'm back.