RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] Dark Requiem

Rep: +0/-0Level 65
It's all done...
alright, first game... yeesh... how do i present this... hmm... how about...
Dark Requiem
Summary - This is a fantasy game like no other. Though a little messed up, it is, as far as I know, the only game were you get to argue with the creator and get exiled to the Abyss!
Genre- Fantasy
Platform- RMVX
Story
one day, as you were walking around your very small property, you fell into a hole. In an attempt to get out, you learn how to use weapons and fight a demon cat. little do you know that this is just the beginning of a long, hellish battle for control of this plane!

Setting
the game takes place in an un-named world. (Yeah, if anybody has a good name for it, I'm open for suggestions) the world is pretty generic and looks like it was made by a terrible mapper, which I am!

Characters
As of now, there are 3
-Wedge (yes I got it from star wars) the protagonist of the game he is a young man with some serious attitude issues these get him into a good bit of trouble through this game.
-Link491. Though never actually called by my screen name and referred to as the Darklord, I am the protagonist of this game. I pretty much put wedge through hell till he decides to get revenge
Harley- A demon cat that wedge encounters early on in the game he may have some importance later

Screen Shots
Spoiler for Screenshots:

Features
-Side-View Battle Script with ATB (Nothing new, but it did work well with the game so I used it)
-Free-to-Change class system with 15 different classes each with their own special skills and abilities (By free-to-change, I literally mean that you can change your class as many times as you want in each different town.
-Two “unique" worlds to explore, each having different mapping styles and different graphics. (Yeah, sadly, because I�€™m not the greatest mapper, the one “over world" is a little generic ill look into fixing it)
-A little bit of choice influence (meaning that some of your choices will affect the outcome of the game)
-Beastiary
-Items and weapons that, when used/equipped, teach the player a skill

recruiting:
looking for a tile artist. someone who has graphics that look similar to the ones im currently using, but darker.
looking for someone to do sprites (in-battle monsters, effects, faces and overworlds) i want the overworlds and faces to be rtp styled...
looking for a music composer. music similar to final fantasy but darker

if you wanna do any of these things for me, pm me or reply!

Download[/b]
Alright, here's a very short demo... currently you can only reclass to a necromancer as its just a preview of whats to come...
Demo 0.1: http://www.mediafire.com/?4twfhsq33l1fb6c
Note: Its a huge file, only because it has a lot of mp3's and other stuff in it... ill try to cut back the size for the next release.

credits:
Kylock, Mr. Bubble, Shu - translated side view battle system and everything that came with the basic 3.4d atb pack
Blackmorning - TSBS Animated Battler Hue Restore
modern algebra (rmrk.net) - Skill teaching equipment and items script
Mr. Bubble - various add-ons for the tankentai battle system
grafikal (rmrk.net) - RTP+ tile b-d
Mack - tileA1-5 and some others
Lunarea (rmrk.net) - A few of the village tiles
Square Enix - a LOT of the music from Final Fantasy I-IVDS
Square Enix - Some monster sprites
Celianna - A few village Tiles
Woratana - Monster Book Script
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 03:23:43 PM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
Your mapping needs TONS of work. But I see you're looking for workers for the game, so I'll probably look more into it once you've got the proper squad you desire.

Rep:
Level 83
Love SOSA
I'll say the same as hiro did. The story, however, is just a tad too short. Try giving more detail so the player can have a full visualization to what the game will be like.