RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
FFID is looking for collaborators

Rep: +0/-0Level 65
RMRK Junior
Ok all, my project (FFID) (RM2K3) is underway, and I am looking for collaborators. Here is a list of things I would like help with:

1. Pixel artist for face sets. The goal is to have attractive, stylistically consistent faces for  all speaking characters. If no one volunteers, I will do my best to make faces for at least my playable characters.
2. Pixel artist for battle sprites. If you look at the project page, you'll see that I am doing character design myself, and I am using 16x16 pixel FFIV-style sprites for the overworld, and 16x24 pixel FFVI-style sprites for all other maps and cutscenes. However, I would like to have larger (within RM2K3's limits) battle sprites for all playable characters. If no one volunteers, I will try my hand at frankenspriting, and failing that,  use the 16x24 sprites.
3. Music. An original OST would be great, but failing that I will do my best to make do with open sources.Palesketcher is on board as composer. He has a great love for old-school FF games, especially FFVI, and the ideas are already flying back and forth. :blizj:
4. RM2K3 help. This would be in learning how to best accomplish what I want to do without making n00b-like mistakes, but I will muddle through on my own if need be. Adon, another FF fan is lending his eventing expertise, and serving as RM2K3 adviser as well.
5. Misc. Any help is appreciated, let me know if you'd like to assist.

This is a serious project, and if I have to do it all on my lonesome, I certainly will. But I know that it will probably go more quickly and smoothly, and result in a more polished project if I can get some quality help. Thanks in advance for all your time and consideration, and best of luck to everyone in everything you do.....

Uncle Monkey
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 11:23:52 PM by unkllmnky69 »

Rep:
Level 69
RESIDENT ADONKADONK
Since nobody has responded, and I have always wanted to make a FF fangame, I will attempt to help you.
Alright, I would like some more specifications on Misc.
I am a great eventer.

I'm back.