RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
An odd problem.... >.<

Rep:
Level 69
RMRK Junior
So..  when I was playing through my game in the editor. (Usually holding sprint to run everywhere..)  I accidently held CTRL and was able to walk through everything? Like mountains, and walls, and trees... 

Has anyone else had this problem?  And if so.. is there a way to fix it?

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
That's not a problem, that's a debug feature that only exists when you're testing your game from the editor.

Rep:
Level 69
RMRK Junior
I had a feeling that might have been it, thank you for verifying. :D

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
You can even remove it. It's a feature in the default scripts. Go to Game_Player, delete lines 141 and 142, and have in their place:
Code: [Select]
return false
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 69
RMRK Junior

Rep:
Level 84
Just wondering, why would you want to delete that feature? I'd die if I didn't have it.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
I don't know why, I just knew it was there. It's his insane decision if he wants to delete it.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
well why would you suggest it in the first place.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
He seemed to want to have it removed.

Rep:
Level 82
How about just not run in debug mode if you don't like it.  Or just add a simple "$DEBUG = false" anywhere in the editor. And there's always the "don't hold control and walk through walls if you don't like it" aspect of it, too. I understand that may not be possible if you are using the key for something else, though....

Rep:
Level 69
RMRK Junior
I originally thought that is was some kind of glitch with one of the scripts I have added.  My friend was playing my game (It happened to be a maze part, of course.) and he was like, "Look what I can do!" >.<

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Well, you won't have that problem whenever you encrypt and release your game. Like Irock said, this is a feature that only exists when you choose to test play from within the RPG Maker itself. I personally find it useful if there's a specific part of a map I want to test out and don't want to waste time going through a labyrinth of halls to get to there.