RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Conditions/Attributes Question [2K3]

Touhou Fantasy Developer and all around cool person. :)
Rep:
Level 85
T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
I've actually wondered this for a really long time now, but never bothered to ask. In the Conditions tab, there are Stat Alterations [None, Half, Double]. My question is simple: If you have, say, Haste that double speed (or Slow that halves speed), and once it wears off, does the stat go back to normal after it wears off or does it persist? And does it stack continuously (i.e. using Haste continuously, would it continue to increase speed)?

***EDIT***

Another question I want to ask is how do the Attributes actually work together in damage calculations (as in the Magic ones, not physicals since I know the physical damage formula for 2k3 sucks major arse). I tried testing this out, and this is what I got, by setting a weapon to both Fire and Ice:

Monster with A (200%) on Fire and E (-100%) on Ice: Roughly 350 damage
Monster with A on Fire and B (100%) on Ice: Roughly 450 damage
Monster with B on both: Roughly 170 damage

I'm not sure WHAT makes it do what at all x_x
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 06:35:46 PM by Xenomic »

Rep:
Level 66
RPG2k3 Meowster
I'm pretty sure, you only keep the stats when your inflicted with them, after they wear off the stat alteration is gone. Also, they shouldn't be able to stack. Only way they can stack is if 2 or more different status effects with the same stat buff or debuff were on you at the same time.
This is how it should work anyway.

I don't know those damage calculations, so can't help ya there. =p
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 01:43:59 PM by RikaPSO »