RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RMXP] The Journey

Rep: +0/-0Level 75
RMRK Newbie
Update: (2011-09-11)
  • Added screenshots.

"It is the beginning of the 12th century. The once glorious Byzantine Empire was crumbling down at the hands of their invaders. Alexios I, emperor of the Byzantine Empire, requested help from the Vatican to fight their muslim invaders. Many european lords and kings heeded the call, not only to help their allies, but also tempted by treasures and a chance to conquer the holy land. It is a time of great war, tragedy and drama. It is a time when the pages of history are steadily filled with more ink, a time where the actions of one man can change the course of history..." - Prologue

Lazarius, a strong soldier who had joined the Norwegian crusade finally ended up in holy land. Tempted by promises of treasures and power he believed he would return a wealthy man. Instead, Lazarius' journey would come to change him forever...

At the battle of Sidon, Lazarius managed to aquire grand treasures. However, troubles arose which made him kill a prince. Forced to escape, he ran out to the desert.

The plan was to base the game in real world history, with some own interpretations and (of course) a fictional story. Development came to a halt and I would now like to know if you (all) deem it worthy to develop further. It's been play-tested by a few people, and hopefully the installation archive is working.

Features
  • 15-30 minute demo (until the mining town, pretty much).
  • Slightly customized battle mechanics.
  • Attempt at using historically correct names for gear.
  • 1 puzzle and 1 side-quest.
  • A few songs composed by me.
  • Current story so far written by me and my cousin.

Screenshots:
Spoiler for:

Download at Mediafire:
http://www.mediafire.com/?vbndhs5285m5a1z

Credits:
  • Cousin Erik for co-writing/designing the story.
  • A3D (hyper_s@hotmail.com) for his custom Battle Result script.
  • Miradin, Spartichi and Iopas for playtesting thus far.

Future development:
There is currently no plan to develop the game further. However, if I manage to get Erik to continue on the story, or get another writer to help me (or an artist to provide inspiration original artwork), more will come.
If I get good feedback from you (the community) I might consider continuing developing it as a solo-project.

I have plenty of songs composed and planned for use, but most are not used in it's current state.

I tried attaching two sample midi songs for preview.
Any feedback is appreciated, so I know if I should stop wasting time or not!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 07:04:26 PM by erenik »

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Screenshots?