RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX]Stonesearch - *FINAL FINAL DEMO AVAILABLE*(Updated 2/18/11)

Rep:
Level 69
RESIDENT ADONKADONK
Stonesearch
By Adon237

Stonesearch is an independent fantasy RPG game by Adon237. It has many classical elements found in other RPGs, and also has a newer blend. Game-play won't be non-linear, featuring a ton of side-quests, along with the main story-line. The RPG might remind of you of the days when you were playing the classics like the early Final Fantasy series. And it could remind you of something else! Or it could be a unique experience for you! No matter what it is, Stonesearch will be an enjoyable game.

Blog

Stonesearch by Storm Scott is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.   
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/

It is just data files, which you replace with the old ones in the game's data folder.

Story
There are 25 parts to this story with an estimated game-play time of 20-30 hours.
Abraxas and his team must search for the eight elemental stones and return them to Stonesearch Tower before the world collapses without their power. There are others trying to find the stones too. There is Storm and his group of powerful spirits and fiends who are out to crush the stones to absorb their ultimate elemental powers. The kingdom of Lobradia is out to find all of the stones to use their power for their own purposes. They are constantly running into danger to save the world.  Besides the stones, the characters begin to know each other better,
and deeper relationships form. Justin is abandoned by his foster-brother Storm and Justin must learn to cope with Savyon's attitude against magick users, and his ever growing love triangle between him, Jade, and Abraxas. Abraxas needs to deal with his past before he can build the courage to save the world, by reliving his deepest fear. Jade is leaving home early with adult responsibilities, and doesn't want to leave her quiet life at home. Savyon's life is ruined once he returns home to his isolated town of Terrapy, to find it destroyed, and his attitude and emotions spike up for the goodbyes he never got to say. Rose seems to be the only one without a problem, but dealing with moodiness and trying to get the mission moving is a tough deal. Sis has ten years of energy to release from just being recently cured from total paralysis, and Vesta must face persecution from almost anyone she meets, for she is a witch, and they are completely misunderstood.
Begin the story by downloading the Stonesearch Final Final Demo!
Stonesearch Final Final Demo

Screenshots
Spoiler for Click ME:

Spoiler for Click ME:

Spoiler for Click ME:

Spoiler for Click ME:

Spoiler for Click ME:

Spoiler for Click ME:

Spoiler for Click ME:
Reserve System(Party System)

Spoiler for Click ME:

Spoiler for Click ME:
Row system. Position affects damage dealt & taken

Spoiler for Click ME:

Spoiler for Click ME:

Spoiler for Click ME:

Spoiler for Click ME:

Spoiler for Click ME:
Press SHIFT in the status menu to get to this. Shows all states you have ever had inflicted on you.

Spoiler for Click ME:

Spoiler for Click ME:

Spoiler for Click ME:

Spoiler for Click ME:

Spoiler for Click ME:

Spoiler for Click ME:

Spoiler for Click ME:

Spoiler for Click ME:

Spoiler for Click ME:

Spoiler for Click ME:

Stonesearch Final Demo

The Logo

A cave.

Characters
The 4 Main Characters of the Game!
[color="black"]
Abraxas* Wakeford:

Class: Dark Knight
Specialty: Swords, Daggers, Axes, Heavier Armory, Shields, Combo-Attacks, and Special Weapon Attacks.
Description:
An eager lad from Vicos, a small peaceful village, who starts off his journey by fighting Treants. For a Dark Knight, he is really kind, outgoing, and relaxed.
Physical Description: Light Brown Hair, a serious look on his face, slightly built.
*Abraxas's name was tooken from the modern word that it is today, while not commonly used, the word is of mystical meaning, and it is said to be named after a god of some sort. IT is derived from the ancient word Abrasax. The Abraxas stones, stones of great importance of warship, inspired the idea of this story. Though I did not care for "Stones of God" so I changed it around so we now have Stonesearch, where they look for sacred stones of the elements.

Savyon Galbezto:

Class: Fighter
Specialty: Claws,Fists,Gloves,Lightweight clothing and armory,Combo-Skills,Melee Based Skills,Elemental Attacks.
Description: The outgoing a sometimes annoying Savyon keeps Abraxas going, just by the mere means of taunting him. Savyon always compares himself to Abraxas, saying that Savyon(himself) is far more talented. As demonstrated shorty after meeting him. Savyon is a "Mercenary", who searches for jobs and wanders around for money.
His experienced often help and save Abraxas's life.
Physical Description: Savyon is at a decent height, with spiky dark brown and blond
(Dirty Blond?) hair. He has a decent and trustworthy look on his face, and he is moderately built.

Justin Scott:

Class: "Wizard" Pending better name...
Specialty: Rods,Wrenches,Torches,Cloaks,Pointed Hats, Magics, Elemental Magics.
Description: A harmonic and outgoing boy who was found with Storm at Midsel Colluseum.
Physical Description: A short, frail child, with red hair, and a boyish look on his face. His fingers are oddly long, and is always wearing a cloak.

Jade Bankroft:

Class: "Healer" Pending on better name...
Specialty:"Twigs"(Only one),Healing Rod's,Wands,Canes,Staves,Poles,Cloaks,Pointed Hats, Healing Magic, Minor Elemental Magic,
Description: Jade was discovered in Mysmagic Forest, running from local monsters.
She had been the only Healer left in the village of hers, Mysfor, when it was ransacked by monsters. She was on the run until Abraxas and team shows up, and she
decided to follow them along. She is quiet, and mainly spends her time sightseeing.
Physical Description: A girl with gorgeous long silky Jade Green hair. She is short,(Though she's only 10) and wear's an older styled dress.

Rose

Cutin graphic looks different in face composition.
Class: Huntress
Specialty: Bows of all sorts, guns, slingshots, spears.
Description: Rose is Jade's older best friend, and has a short temper. She enjoys nature and shooting her bow at helpless animals.
Physical Description: She has pink hair, and wears a cowgirl hat. On her back are a quiver of arrows. She is built, and agile.

Vesta
Class: Witch
Specialty: Wands, Rods, Staves, Knives, and animals.
Description: Vesta is a witch, and since she is a witch, nearly everyone hates her. She has a spunky, random, and odd personality, and is often helpful to the party, healing Sis's total paralysis.
Physical Description: She has grey-white hair, (natural colors) wears a witches hat, and has a slim and fragile body. Her eyes are sort of cross-eyed.

Sis
Class: Girl
Specialty: Wands, Rods, Staves, Knives, and animals.(Same as vesta)
Description: Sis is Abraxas's little sister, and she is full of energy. She dislikes Savyon for his attitude, and often pulls pranks on him when he least expects it.
Physical Description: She wears a red cap, with a red dress/robe, and has blonde hair. She is small, and agile. Her eyes are wide and big, with dark blue eyes that pierce you with impatience.

Landon

Class: Stealth
Specialty: Slingshots, Knives, Samurai Swords,
Description: Landon is a stealth unit from the small and illustrious kingdom of Chala. He is speedy and not talkative.
Physical Description: He is short with spiky black hair, he is built, and has a serious look on his face.

Bleu:

Class: N/A
Specialty:N/A
Description: Bleu is Justin's pet. Bleu is related to slimes, but he is domesticated, and as far as Justin knows, he is the only of his kind.
Bleu is a hyperactive creature, and often drives Justin crazy. He is helpful though, he searches for things as he moves, and often finds items that are helpful
to the party.
Physical Description: Bleu is a slime, a gelatinous mass of goo, that moves around
and interacts with the environment. Bleu of course is Blue, (indicated by his name).
[size=20]Antagonists[/size]
Storm
(No Image Ready for Storm)
(This character is playable for a portion of the game.)
Class: Magus
Specialty: Same as Justin.
Description: Storm is the intellectual yet slightly insane 'brother' Justin follows. After his orphanage closed, he took Justin along with him to find a better place to live. After a long stay at the Library, he began to have a new goal. To get the stones, and crush them.
Physical Description: Average height. He has spiky blue hair and wears blue robes.
He is very frail and sickly.

NOTE: All of these were made by Kaduki, and the people on his website.
I do not claim any of these as mine of my creation. I am trying to get my own character sprites, and etc. The face preview things, and the full body portrait is not of my making.

Playable actor cast nibbled down to 11. Aeron and Krysty were removed.
[/color]

Classical RPG Cliches:
Spoiler for:
As I was going through my game doing a quick backup check, I thought as I was looking through the story-line, "I wonder how many RPG-Cliches I have in my game?"
Then I thought that would be cool to know, so here it is! Any rpg cliches will be listed here from now on(!)(For my game. ;) ) So here we go:

Logan's Run Rule:
RPG characters are young. Very young. The average age seems to be 15, unless the character is a decorated
and battle-hardened soldier, in which case he might even be as old as 18. Such teenagers often have skills with multiple weapons
 and magic, years of experience, and never ever worry about their parents telling them to come home from adventuring before bedtime.
 By contrast, characters more than twenty-two years old will cheerfully refer to themselves as washed-up old fogies
 and be eager to make room for the younger generation.

Yes, this rule is so much for my game. Maybe besides Savyon. He is the oldest playable character in the game. (20 Years Old)

Garrett's Principle:
Let's not mince words: you're a thief. You can walk into just about anybody's house like the door wasn't even locked.
You just barge right in and start looking for stuff. Anything you can find that's not nailed down is yours to keep.
You will often walk into perfect strangers' houses, lift their precious artifacts, and then chat with them like you were old neighbors as you head back out with their family heirlooms under your arm.
Unfortunately, this never works in stores.

Aeris's Corollary
Just as the main male character will always use a sword or a variant of a sword, the main female character will always use a rod or a staff of some sort.

Capitalism Is A Harsh Mistress
Once you sell something to a shopkeeper, he instantly sells it to somebody else and you will never see the item again no matter what. (Though if you sell something purchasable like a potion, you can not buy that specific potion for half price, you will just have to buy a completely new potion for normal price.)

Nostradamus Rule
All legends are 100% accurate. All rumors are entirely factual. All prophecies will come true, and not just someday but almost immediately.

IDKFA
The basic ammunition for any firearms your characters have is either unlimited or very, very easy to obtain.
This will apply even if firearms are extremely rare.

Indestructible Weapon Rule
No matter how many times you use that sword to strike armored targets or fire that gun on full auto mode it will never break, jam or need any form of maintenance unless it is critical to the story that the weapon breaks, jams or needs maintenance.

Selective Paralysis
Your characters must always keep both feet on the ground and will be unable to climb over low rock ledges, railings, chairs, cats, slightly differently-colored ground, or any other trivial objects which may happen to be in their way. Note that this condition will not prevent your characters from jumping from railroad car to railroad car later in the game.

Bed Bed Bed
A good night's sleep will cure all wounds, diseases, and disabilities, up to and including death in battle.

Zelda's Axiom
Whenever somebody tells you about "the five ancient talismans" or "the nine legendary crystals" or whatever, you can be quite confident that Saving the World will require you to go out and find every last one of them.

Law of Cartographical Elegance
The world map always cleanly fits into a rectangular shape with no land masses that cross an edge.

¿Quien Es Mas Macho? (Fargo Rule)
Every powerful character you attempt to seek aid from will first insist upon "testing your strength" in a battle to the death.

Short Attention Span Principle
All bookshelves contain exactly one book, which only has enough text on it to fill up half a page.

Apathy Principle
Your group is the only bunch of people trying to save the world. All other would-be heroes will either join your party or else turn out to be cowards and/or con men.

Second Law of Travel
There will be only one of any non-trivial type of vehicle in the entire world. Thus, only one ocean-capable steamboat, only one airship, and so forth. Massive facilities will have been constructed all over the world to service this one vehicle.

Fifth Law of Travel
All vehicles can be driven or piloted by anyone. The main character just needs to find out where the bridge or steering wheel is, as he already knows all of the controls.

Puddin' Tame Rule
The average passer-by will always say the same thing no matter how many times you talk to them, and they certainly won't clarify any of the vaguely worded warnings or cryptic half-sentences they threw at you the previous time.

Franklin Covey Was Wrong, Wrong, Wrong
Sticking to the task at hand and going directly from place to place and goal to goal is always a bad idea, and may even prevent you from being able to finish the game. It's by dawdling around, completing side quests and giving money to derelicts that you come into your real power.

Near-Death Epiphany (Fei Rule)
If the party is not dealing damage to a boss character, then there's a better-than-even chance that someone in the party will suddenly become enlightened and instantly acquire the offensive skill that can blow the creature away in a matter of seconds.

First Law of Fashion
All characters wear a single costume which does not change over the course of the game. The only exception is when characters dress up in enemy uniforms to infiltrate their base.

Second Law of Fashion
Any character's costume, no matter how skimpy, complicated, or simply outlandish, is always completely suitable to wear when climbing around in caves, hiking across the desert, and slogging through the sewers. It will continue to be completely suitable right afterwards when said character goes to meet the King.

Flow of Goods Rule
The quality of goods in the world is dependent upon the shop's distance from the final dungeon. It doesn't matter if the town you start in has a huge thriving economy and is the center of world trade, it will always have the game's worst equipment; and even if that village near the end is isolated and has only three people in it, it will have the game's best equipment.
Features
Reserve System-
Choose who you want to battle at any time with the reserve system located in the Main Menu!
Enemy Intelligence-
Enemies are no longer random drones! They are more complicated, and "think" their actions through, to make battle strategy even more a key to battle!
Amazing Skills!-
Skills aren't just your average Fire I, Fire II, they are colorful and have many ways of using and learning them!
These are just some of the features in the game!

Total Game Progress
Ok, here it is, the total/overall progress of the game.
(Note: if a minus is after the number, it means that revisions are likely to happen.)
(Note2: Parts are named once they are started on, or near the end. Because story revisions are possible.)
(Note3: * Means I am working on this now.)
Storyline: 100%
The storyline and notes were written out before I started on the game.

Playable Game:

Part 1: Trip To Midsel Mountain: 100-%

Part 2: Realization(pending new name.) 100%

Part 3: Jade and Rose, or The Earth Stone 100%

Part 4: Survival 100%

Part 5: Corruption 100%

Part 6 100%

Part 7 100%

Part 8 45%

System/Etc.: 95%

Graphics: 100%

Audio: 100%

***SPOILERS AHEAD***
 Many many walls of text ahead. This covers the following: History of Stonesearch and all of it's locations, description of all sorts of locations(some advice, and hints are in there),roles of people you will come across.
Use this below to help you find things:
(Press Ctrl + F to find these terms.)
*Geography*
 *Marel Region*
  *Vicos*
  *Midsel*
  *Marel's Non-Town Areas*
   *Midsel Mountains*
*History*
 *Marel Region History*
  *Vicos' History*
  *Midsel's History*
   *Stonesearch Mystery*
   *Midsel 550 - 700*

The world of Stonesearch is massive, which gives it a whole ton of history and culture. We will start here, by each region, will have categories. I will only post the one's I have mapped/premapped yet.
[size=32]*Geography*[/size]
The *Marel Region*:
The Marel Region, in which Part's 1 and 2 take place in, is a quiet small island region.
It houses 2 towns:
*Vicos*:
 A small poor village located on the west side, blocked of by the Midsel Mountains to the rest of the region, the only opening is the Vicos Shore, which allows humid coastal air to make Vicos damp and humid. Vicos is Abraxas's hometown. He and his sister live off the remaining Brax his parents left to them when they died. Vicos is generally poor, the rich nobles visit to buy off their resources.

Midsel:
 A moderate sized rich and prosperous town located in the central part of the Marel Region, is separated from Vicos by the Midsel Mountain Range. On the other side, lie an extensive plain, and patches of wood among other things. It has moderate sunny weather.
Vicos is a rich and prosperous town of nobles and merchants.

To get to and from Midsel and Vicos, an exhausting climb through Midsel Mountains is needed.

*Marel's Non-Town Areas*:

*Midsel Mountains*:
Midsel Mountains are a range of mountains that block Midsel from Vicos. They are slightly volcanic, and wildlife flourished there. There is only one humanly climbable mountain in the range. It is referred to as Midsel Mountain. It is filled with slimes and Anacondas, and is often treacherous if one does not have an antidote at hand.

[size=32]*History*[/size]
[/b]

[size=16]*Marel Region History*[/size]
 *Vicos History*

*Midsel's History*
 Midsel was founded on March 13, 455 A.D. by Ark Midsel during a large famine which affected most of present day Lobradia. Midsel is located in a convienient place where the soil is rich, and water is plenty. This made Midsel a popular refuge from
the famine, and it's population tripled within a month. Midsel was immune to the famine, which lasted 144 years. But there were many who weren't at Midsel, due to the difficulty traveling there. Seperated by an expanse of sea, Midsel was alone on it's own continent. By May of 546, Midsel's population was an estimated 1200.
The lives of it's people, pleasant and easy. Until late winter of 552, when a powerful blizzard hit Midsel.
 Midsel's large reserve of food from Harvest was ruined.
The famine had caught up with Midsel. Starvation and disease soon killed off most of the population. The coldest period recorded since 233 A.D. was from 552 -
565, even more prolonging the famine. Soon, Midsel was home to only about 34 people.
Midsel remained cold and dormant until June of 599, when the 144 year long famine was stopped by torrential rain coming from Midsel Mountain. By August of 521, Midsel has recovered, with the largest population of 2014. Once again flourishing, the same could not be said for the rest of the world. One explorer, Robert Scott, said: 'The rest of the world lay in turmoil, with few remaining anywhere, and the remaining barbaric, only our grand Midsel remain of the human race.'
   *Stonesearch Mystery*
 In 544, Zane Mitchell Stonesearch came across a giant tower.This tower is known as Stonesearch Tower. Stonesearch: 'Never had I seen such a grand structure as this! A tower of such amazing height!'. Stonesearch drew many sketches of what he saw, and later entered the tower. At the top of the tower, Stonesearch wrote: 'At the top of this majestic structure, I found something most peculiar.' 'Eight gems of contrasting color, and a giant crystalline structure. Within it, lay a shrouded figure of a small man, or maybe a child.' That is all of the evidence we have of the Stonesearch Tower.
The Stonesearch Tower is nowhere to be found today. What might have happened, no one knows. But many conclude that Stonesearch was crazy.
*Midsel 550 - 700*
In 550, the village of Vicos was founded. Vicos had a warmer and more humid climate than Midsel, and was on the other side of Midsel Mountains. Midsel began the construction of a tunnel through the
mountains to Vicos to improve trade, and travel. Workers found an underground lake, and continued working, until the tunnel collapsed, and killed 40 or so workers. The project was then abandoned, and trade remained difficult. In 574, soldiers from a kingdom called Lobradia stormed Midsel. Midsel had no millitary force to protect them,
and the town was captured. Midsel today is still under Lobradian authority.
Lobradia helped boost Midsel's economy by sending in people from Lobradia to settle there. With them brought skills, trades, and other goods which helped start Midsel's Bazaar. Midsel's Bazaar is not the largest trade center, Lobradia itself is, the bazaar is the second largest. Midsel's population became roughly what it is today, at about 2300 people. In 612, Rayne Solictolo was born in Midsel. On July 23, 624,
Rayne invented the Tonic, which revolutionized medical sciences. The tonic quickly healed minor wounds, and is useful even now today. On late May of 646, Antionne Le Da Miccio stepped into Midsel. He was the first recorded magick casting being to ever take
foot in Midsel. Demonstrating his power, the people of Midsel were curious. For a year, Miccio lived in Midsel, until a jealous man killed him in his sleep. His funeral was held in Lobradia, where all of Midsel, and all of Lobradia attended. On October 30, 700, the Midsel Colluseum was finished.It held over 100 different kinds of monsters, and many all over the world came to battle there. The Colluseum also became a benefiting factor to Midsel's Economy.
Still more to add later.
Stonesearch OST
Stonesearch Final Demo
Script Bugfixes
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 11:01:40 PM by Adon »

I'm back.

Rep:
Level 69
RESIDENT ADONKADONK

Wanna get the latest updates? - Check out it's home game page at: http://rpgmaker.net/games/3219/blog/

Interested in downloading the game?
Download it here at: http://rpgmaker.net/games/3219/downloads/

Check out the Wikia in development at http://stonesearch.wikia.com.

The game you may have saw as (GENERIC SUCKISHNESS) Elemental Quest, is now completely transformed into a faster, and more enjoyable game, Stonesearch. It is advised you play!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 11:00:09 PM by Adon »

I'm back.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
This is actually quite good. I have one suggestion for cleaning up your post though.
Code: [Select]
[spoiler]THESE REALLY HELP![/spoiler]
Anyway, your screenshots look pretty good (bar the elevator puzzle one -_-). And your in-depth character explanations are impressive.
I also like that you're using the compact menu. Are you using PAC MM or just the display?
Looking forward to seeing more of this, albeit it being riddled with cliches.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
It was a compliment ;)
And yeah I meant the main menu. Just wanted to know if people were even using the compact addon.

Rep:
Level 69
RESIDENT ADONKADONK
It was a compliment ;)
And yeah I meant the main menu. Just wanted to know if people were even using the compact addon.
Of course! It is awesome. Wait, it is an addon? D:
It works independently.

I'm back.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
I'm aware of that. It was designed like that :D

Rep:
Level 69
RESIDENT ADONKADONK
The DEMO IS OUT!

I'm back.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Why are there goats on top of your lava cave?

Rep:
Level 69
RESIDENT ADONKADONK
Lol, this is supposed to be a mountain. I might need to remap it.

I'm back.

Rep:
Level 69
RESIDENT ADONKADONK
Wow, this is why I use RMN. Anyway, anyone like to post thoughts on the demo?

I'm back.

Rep:
Level 85
Winter is here.
Why are there goats on top of your lava cave?
Lava goats, mate.

Anyway, looks nice, man. The sandy roads look out of place in the second map, though. Perhaps if they were cobblestone it would look better.
Eddard Stark art by Teiiku

Rep:
Level 69
RESIDENT ADONKADONK
Thanks, though this topic needs a total overhaul, almost everything is out of date, so that is what I will be doing now.
Also, is it possible that someone can move this to the main section? The game has 45- 1:15 minutes of gameplay, well the demo does anyway.

I'm back.

Rep:
Level 69
RESIDENT ADONKADONK
Updated the project a little.

I'm back.

Rep:
Level 69
RESIDENT ADONKADONK
Alright people, I have got Pac as my scriptah (lol).

I'm back.

Rep:
Level 83
Love SOSA
The mapping is really good and the title screen is awesome. And I can see that you have a save-point thing in your game. I just hope they're not too far apart. lol Good luck!

Rep:
Level 69
RESIDENT ADONKADONK
Well thanks! I clicked on your game, and it looks nice.
Alright, pretty soon, all of this will have to be overhauled again. The savepoints have been changed to 'save-weasels', and they aren't too far apart.

I'm back.

Rep:
Level 69
RESIDENT ADONKADONK
The Final Final Demo was released a couple of days ago! I updated the game page a huge amount, and I hope everyone will download the new demo!
Download it here!/
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 10:59:00 PM by Adon »

I'm back.