RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Resolved](vx) coordinate activate

Rep:
Level 69
I have it where an event is running and at a spot its suposed to teleport, but the only time it registers is when it's not moving(another event tracks x y of running event and spot). How do I get an event spot to activate even when its being run over?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 02:20:26 AM by Scalinger2 »

Rep:
Level 66
Haven't been on for ages -.-
Ellaborate please,

Don't get ya.

Rep:
Level 69
basically an event keeps track of map xy of moving event and another event spot, at the location its supposed to do something but it wont do it unless its stopped on that spot :P

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for April 2010
Set it on player touch and see how it goes? Or...show us some screenshots :D

Rep:
Level 69
I guess a better thing to ask is..
Is there any way to get an event to activate by touching another event? :P
None of it is involving the character activating the events.

Rep:
Level 66
Haven't been on for ages -.-
ya, you know where the action button or player touch area is, just click on it and a scrolly thing will come down and just click on event touch! ^-^ ^-^

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for April 2010
Try Event Touch? If that still fails try this in a parallel process

Variables Event 1 X == Character Event001  Map X
Variables Event 1 Y == Character Event001  Map Y
Variable Event Range X== Character Event002  Map X
Variable Event Range Y == Character Event002  Map Y
Variable Event Range X + 1
Variable Event Range Y + 1

#assume that Event 2 is the one who does the touching

if Variable Event Range >= Variables Event 1 X (I can't remember if it should be greater than or less than or equal to)
do stuff here
else
lalala
end

well that's the basic concept of it, I haven't tested or anything so play around with it? x_x

Rep:
Level 69
 IneedHELP, those options are for character to event behavior so it doesn't effect even to event. event touch means when your characters barrier touches or passes the event barrier it starts the event, player touch is when u press button towards it.
 Nessiah, I basically set event 1 map x and map y and event 2's and I guess the problem was..
 If you put, lets say, Conditional: If event1's mapX = event 2's mapX it only activates if the event stops on it, BUT I think you might of meant this next one, and it works..
If you do >= or > ,instead of equal to, it gives it more range and it activates even with motion.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 02:19:28 AM by Scalinger2 »