RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
A new ring menu configuration help plz?

Rep:
Level 68
RMRK Junior
Hello All! As I have requested. I would like to have a simple horror menu system. To be more specific:

> I was hoping to have a menu system with the following options:

> Option 1: Items (i was thinking instead of small icons that it should be medium sized pictures, but if not do-able then its fine)
> Inside the item's menu I was hoping to have 2 sections. (Recovery Item's, Story Item's)

> Option 2: Journal (I have this script from http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,7404.0.html -> it will show progress throughout the games story
keeping you up to date) on all the details)

> Option 3: Map (To show the town map or even the building maps like Brookhaven Hospital map, or Lakside Amusement Park)

> Option 4: Statistics (Shows the characters stats/ just like the status option in the original menu)

> Option 5: Options (To turn the BGM down or up, brightness adjustment, or the voice volume levels since there will be voice acting in the game)

> Option 6: Save (To save game

> Option 7: Quit (back to the title)

That is typically it. If you wondering why I don't have Equipment, even Abilities. Well my game is off solving puzzles and running from creatures. No really equiping a weapon. There will be really only be attack items that stop the monsters for either a short period of time (5 minutes) or even long periods of time (10 minutes). There are no abilities in Silent Hill plain and simple LOL.

I was hoping to have the ring menu show around the character. Hence the script. Which I have tried to use before but couldn't do exactly as I have listed. The main character has a cell phone in the game and uses it several times. The menu layout should just be the ring menu while the character sprites (which i shall do) will show him using the phone. The ring menu is what will show around him.

Hope to hear from you all soon :)

Oh yeah! Here is the Ring Menu Script:
http://www.rmxpunlimited.net/resources/scripts/item/ring-menu

P.S. Oh I have to mention that i suck with doing scripts btw! :/