RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
(vx) cheat system

if you try & edit my custom title i will hack you
Rep:
Level 66
Im PRO get used to it!
This tutorial will show you how to insert a cheat system into your game, it will give you anything you want if you insert a certain code.

* ->Step 1: Make An Item
      First you need to create an item that is used for inserting the codes and getting the cheat, so just create a quick item and name it anything you like (I'll name it "Cheat Book").

* ->Step 2: Create the Common Event
      Now go to the Common Events tab and create a new common event called Cheat cheat (Or whatever you want it to be). To begin you can insert text saying something like "please insert code". Next insert the event command "Input Numbers", create a new variable and call it whatever you like and choose it. Then choose how many digits your cheat codes will have. I'll choose 4, but it can be any number between 1 and 8. Once your done with that, click OK. Next create a Conditional Branch. Choose Variable, then change it to the one you made earlier. Next, choose Equal to from the drop down menu. Then choose Constant. Here, put in the number you want one of your cheat codes to be. For example, I put 9982. Remember to make it as long as the number of digits you chose in the Input number command. Now click OK. In the conditional branch you just created, you created a cheat.

* ->Step 3: Giving a Cheat
      Okay, so if you inserted the right cheat code it will give you something, say an item. So in the conditional branch, make it something like this (This is how I set it):
      Code
      @>Input Number: [0001: Cheat], 4 digit(s)
      @>Conditional Branch: Variable [0001:Cheats] == 6782
      @>Change Items: [Full potion], +99
      : Else
      @>
      : Branch End
      @>

* ->Step 4: Fixing the Item
      Go back to the items tab to your Cheat item (I named it Cheat Book so I'll call it that), change it to these settings:
      Code
      Name: NAME HERE
      Description: DESCRIPTION HERE
      Scope: None 
      Occasion: Only from the Menu
      Price: 0 (This can be changed if you are selling it in a shop)
      Consume: No
      Speed: 0
      Animation: None
      Common Event: <Cheat Common Event Here>
good luck  :blizj:

Spoiler for projects:
God of Darkness
Devils nest
Unnamed Games(2)
The CREW experience