RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] Saga

Rep:
Level 74
Don't underestimate Porings

This is a newly revamped thread with all the latest information on the project.

Spoiler for:

Utopia... The land of dreams. Does it really exist?

For centuries, men have been exploring the possibility of a dream world. There was a lot of things, out there to be discovered. If discovered, this would be a great step for mankind.  Problem is, for the past millennium, no one has found the legendary Utopia. Many gave up hope on finding it.

One day, a dream scientist made a major outbreak in the science of dreams. He found out that you can travel almost anywhere, do almost anything, through powerful concentration and vivid dreams. Unfortunately, no one has ever attained such a high level of concentration to channel their thoughts into reality. The thought of such a Utopia existing vanished into nothingness. Enthusiastic dream scientists gave up their job. Even if there was such a Utopia, how could they reach it?

Unknown at that time, the Utopia did exist, but, as the dream scientist concluded, only could be accessed via dreams. After the idea of a Utopia was given up, people lost the motivation to work. Great civilisations, like Sacred Sword, fell because of the lack of motivation. The world seemed to descend into a deep slumber. Then a big earthquake happened. The once joined continents split apart, therefore, the great earthquake was called, "The separation". Many people did not understand why such a devastating event took place.

The truth is, the world succumbed into stress. People toiled for hours, never resting to eat or sleep. The only way to relieve stress, was to dream. Dreams, although it may be fantasied, helped the people to release stress. Dreams were also a way to prepare the people for upcoming events. After the idea of a Utopia was gone, people didn't dream. They had no goals or purpose in life.

Enter Zachary. He was the son of a well known general, Saddeus, who was the general who led a famous expedition to Utopia but went missing. The seperation had happened just after Zachary had known that his father went missing and he was thrown off a cliff. Some angels took pity on him and brought him to Liomel Village, a peaceful and quaint village. He was taken in by a kind family whose elder son was Leo. Leo had another younger brother named Phineas. Zachary got along with Phineas but could not seem to communicate well with Leo, because of their age difference. On the night before the family decided to pack up and move to Sagalleon, Zachary had a dream encounter with a man with a coyote head. He did not reveal who he was but led Zachary to a morbid and eerie place, named the Black Carnival. All the dead souls are to be transferred here; if the soul was a good person, he/she would be able to proceed to Utopia, if not, he/she would would remain at the Black Carnival to run errands. The man told Zachary a huge apocalypse is going to happen and that he had to reach Utopia to stop it...

I understand that the storyline has some cliches in them, I apologise if you puke over those >.<

Spoiler for:

Spoiler for:
Name: Zachary
Race: Human
Weapon Of Choice: Scythe
Bio: Zachary lost his childhood friend in the earthquake. As he was adopted, his foster parents (who died) gave the responsibility of Zachary to their eldest son, Leo, who was a respected general in the royal army. At that time, once a small town, Sagalleon, had grown into a thriving metropolis, the centre of all trade and business. They were famous for their restorative Saga fruits, which could also be used as an explosive. Leo took Zachary to Sagalleon, losing him on the way to a bandit camp. There, he meets Jemina, the "princess" of the bandit camp who wants to escape from her evil father. Together, they both escape the camp and travel to Sagalleon with the help of Taurus, a mysterious stranger who has a floating airship, and seems to have a strange interest in Zachary.

Spoiler for:
Name: Jemina Hilde
Weapon Of Choice: Dagger hidden in Bow.
Bio: Jemina lost her brother because her father was mad at him for stealing fruits and killed him. Jemina has been living in fear of getting killed by her father as he is a serial murderer that lurks in Griffin Forest and is wanted by the Saga authorities. When Jemina's father captures Zachary as a slave (due to lack of manpower) Jemina wanted to take advantage of Zachary and escape with him. Originally, Jemina wanted to gain Zachary's trust, go to some faraway land and dump him there, but Zachary reminded Jemina of her dead brother. Zachary also saved Jemina from a series of death traps that a necromancer had set in Robex Village. Jemina ditched her old plan and decided to follow Zachary to Sagalleon.

Spoiler for:
Name: Taurus
Race: Demon
Weapon Of Choice: Tarot Cards
Bio: Unknown to Zachary, Taurus was once a demon that wrecked havoc in Sagalleon until Leo was dispatched to deal with him. Leo was victorious and sent him to the Nightmarish realms and was locked there as a prisoner. Unknown to Leo, Taurus soon became the king of the nightmarish realms and soon escaped, though he did not wreck havoc again for unknown reasons. When Zachary is captured, Taurus meets up with Leo and offers to help rescue Zachary from the bandits. After Zachary and Jemina had escaped from Griffin Village, Taurus spied on them and discovered that Jemina wanted to trick Zachary and ditch him far away, so he writes an anonymous letter to Zachary warning him about Jemina (at this stage, Jemina had a change of heart already.) Zachary confronted Jemina and Jemina confessed to Zachary about her original plan but insisted that she had a change of heart. Zachary, wary of Jemina for tricking him twice, leaves her in Griffin Forest alone while Taurus sends him back to Leo.

Spoiler for:
Name: Leo Fenryr
Weapon Of Choice: Ranging from Big Broadswords to Spiked Hammers. Anything heavy.
Bio: The elder brother of Zachary. Leo's family adopted Zachary when he was very young so their relationship had been very close. Unknown to Zachary, Leo was a well respected general in the older days and fought many formidable demons like Taurus. When Zachary is captured, Leo turns to Taurus (reluctantly) for help.

Spoiler for:
Name: Thalia Swan
Race: Fairy Nymph
Weapon Of Choice: Power Of Song.
Bio: To be written. Thalia comes in at 6/10th of the story progression so I can't say much about her >.<

Spoiler for:
Name: Napoleon
Race: Skeleton
Weapon Of Choice: Pistols
Bio: He is the captain of Taurus's Airship and accompanies Taurus on land most of the time. He was originally Taurus's lieutenant during the conflict between Leo and Taurus, but was defeated by Leo and Thalia. When Taurus agrees to help Leo, it was Napoleon who tracked down Zachary.

- Interactive Environment and Beautiful Mapping (See Screenies ;3)
  - Free Change Of Party members and interaction with them
  - Realistic Characters and Settings
  - Crafting
  - Musical instruments
  - Pet
  - Puzzles

Potion-Vending
Tired of normal shops which just uses a shop command? Well, shopping for potinos has never been this interesting! Firstly, find for a potion-vendor. They appear in all item shops. Then, make sure you have some empty bottles. Walk up to the potion-vendor and fill the empty bottle with the liquid of your choice! However, let's say you have 10 empty bottles. You want 5 HP Potions and 5 MP Potions. But the potion-vendor fills all your empty bottles! Simple!

Use the storage function! You can store 5 empty bottles first, fill the others, then take out the stored 5!
(More Info to be updated about complex features. However, you can drop a question about them.)

Spoiler for:
Sagalleon before the separation

Liomel Village

The Item Shop

Windmill Interior:

Fiore

Inn/Pub

Library

Panthereus Estate

Panthereus Estate Interior

I have a lot of resources, I can't remember some. But the credits as of what I'm using now are:

Graphics:
Momope
Deebs
Qtpi0121
Antares
Vitamin Dog
Lunarea
Celianna
Ying
Avadan
ICYDragon
Closet
Aindra
Jalen
Soruve
RTPKaihenn
Vibrato
Xeyla

Scripts:
Vixotic
Woratana
Bulletxt
Kylock
Modern Algebra
ICYDragon
Aindra
OriginalWij
Ramiro
Yanfly

Audio:
Joerao
Moneymenace

Miscellaneous:
Xiie - For Logo
Skye - Support
Desktop Nexus - For all the fantasy backgrounds.

Support!:

Code: [Select]
[url=http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,43602.0.html][IMG]http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz191/bioteam/Userbar-1.png[/IMG][/url]
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 03:23:10 PM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 74
~Reserved~

Rep:
Level 82
Very nice Bioteam!

One of the projects I'm looking forward to.  ^-^

Rep:
Level 82
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Easy Mode)2013 Project of the Year2013 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2013 Most Promising ProjectParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 10
The graphics are nice and the overall mapping layout appears well thought out. However, I do have a few issues to bring up.

The style of light beams as they flow through windows changes several times, switching from straight mid-range to straight and long-range to feathered ovals. While different styles of windows can certainly change how light passes through them, I think that it may be best to choose a style and stick with it. Also, some of the light shafts come to rest atop the support beams of the ceiling, which should not be.

I like the view that is given to the player through windows of a house, displaying either the outside surroundings or the furniture within. I hope that level of detail remains throughout the project.

I would also suggest using a different alignment and/or breaking the introduction text into smaller paragraphs. The center justification and what appears to be an on-coming wall of text combines with the background to make reading the introduction more difficult than it should be, in my opinion. Perhaps it's just me.

Keep up the good work, I hope to see this in a demonstration or finished form!

UPDATED 05-29-14

IS YOUR PROJECT OPTIMIZED?
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

Rep:
Level 74
Thank you exhydra, I will take those comments into consideration. Some of the earlier maps were made when I did not have photoshop yet so they need to be remapped.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Yeah, this looks very pretty. Nice work so far!

Rep:
Level 69
Whatever can go wrong, will go wrong.
I must say, I am very interested in the subject of utopias (and dystopias for that matter) , plus I like your style of writing. And as if that wasn't enough, the mapping is also beautiful.
Really looking forward to this and wishing you all the best of luck.

Rep:
Level 74
Thanks everyone~ :3 I just wanted to say that Zachary's hair has been changed to blonde to make it more realistic.

Also wanted to show you guys a video of the puzzles stated in the features below as well as one of the musical instruments. Don't mind the crappy quality:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCh7SHl5zts" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCh7SHl5zts</a>

Rep:
Level 75
Sorry I ate the Chaos emerald...
This game looks epic. And the puzzles look cool too.
I really want to try this :D
my weirdness is in a good way,isn't it?

Rep:
Level 74
Thanks :3 I'm trying to come up with more original puzzles, though they require lots of event work. >.< I'll see if I can pull that off.

Rep:
Level 74
Just an update for the OP and the project. I've revamped all the maps and added some new content for the project.

Rep:
Level 71
WOW this looks amazing, I can't wait for this to be finished!

Rep:
Level 83
Love SOSA
Great game. The video is so awesome. Some of the most cool and complex puzzles I've seen in RMVX.
Supporting. :P

Rep:
Level 74
Thank you all. This makes me very motivated to work on this :3

Rep:
Level 74
Don't mean to double post:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rVmz-wbtz0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rVmz-wbtz0</a>

A new videoclip from Saga. This is showing the Black Carnival entrance, a haunted house kind of place. Graphic credits goes to Thalzon from rmvx.net. Still a WIP though, I need to add some screams and shrieks whenever a monster appears. Ignore the HP bar, it has been removed from the cutscene. I recommend you to listen to the music while watching this video.

Credit Owl and his game, Merula, for the inspiration.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 05:47:10 AM by bioteam »

Rep:
Level 74
I modified the Black Carnival Area, though I have yet to put the remaining sound effects.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjd55RlZVco" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjd55RlZVco</a>

Character Update:

Check the OP for more info!

Also, a new support bar!:

Code: [Select]
[url=http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,43602.0.html][IMG]http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz191/bioteam/Userbar-1.png[/IMG][/url]

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
This game looks foxing beautiful.