RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
(RMVX) delayed revival script.

Rep: +0/-0Level 66
RMRK Junior
Im hoping someone can help me out here. Id like to make a game in which rather than a character dieing in battle they become knocked out for say 3 or 4 turns and will get back up automatically with say half health. A good way to describe this is its similar to how the immortals were in lost odyssey. I can get the KO status to wear off after a set number of turns but it always revives back to 1 hp. hopefully someone can help with a script to change this or tell me where to change it and how. I not too well aquainted with rpg maker so this may be simple and im just missing it.

Rep:
Level 69
There's a petrify script they've made so maybe you could use that and rename all the words to 'ko' then maybe add an event that changes hp after it wears off.

RMRK Junior
well what im trying to do with it is when a character would be incapacitated it would happen as normal but after a few turns they revive on their own with half health. i dont think the petrify script would work or if it would how to implement it to take effect when hp hits 0. ill check it out and see what i can do. thanks for the idea.

Rep:
Level 69
I found the petrify script a while ago but I can't find it again, xD wish I could post it
In vague terms in script &/or events itd probably be something like..
 If  Revive used
    If (party members incapacitated)<(max party members)
        If  x turns have passed
            revive character
or something along those lines so maybe petrify wouldnt be necessary
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 04:10:53 PM by Scalinger2 »

RMRK Junior
I hate to admit it, but im still having issues finding a way to do what im trying to. Im not very good at writing scripts or events, im still new to rpg maker vx. If anyone has played lost odyssey then they know what im trying to do. When a character dies they basically become incapacitated for a few turns then revive with half health. its similar to how the immortals in lost odyssey were. Scalinger2 your idea may work, but i have no idea how to utilize it.... sorry for being so nooby...

Rep:
Level 69
Database>States>Release Conditions (Incapacitated)
                            After X turns
This revives them after a couple of turns, however, I don't know how to set to half hp after they are revived.
I assume you would have to use a switch, a conditional branch or another state that adds hp after 'Incapacitated' is cured after x turns using a common event set to a parallel trigger.

Edit: I forgot you already knew how to revive after a couple turns xD
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 04:29:36 PM by Scalinger2 »

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Do the actors only have one revival per battle or is it infinite? Must this also apply to enemies?
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

RMRK Junior
I'm thinking of trying something else, as this is beginning to become too complex for me. being new to something like this sucks. but thanks for everyone's help. oh and Pacman in case u have an idea, id like it to be infinite for your team but not for enemies. I'm making a martial arts style game so your team only gets knocked out and wake up a while later in the battle.