RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RMXP] - ExXception Draft

Rep:
Level 67
TheNeonHeart.com
Title Screen
Spoiler for:
Screen Shots
Spoiler for:
Lost My Way

Opening

Heaven's Missing an Angel

Must be a Theme or Something

Heaven's Dance Floor

Upstairs or Downstairs?

ExXception Draft - Conception Draft

I know everyone says, don't try to make your game too epic, but I say, damn the torpedoes... I plan on making an epic game. Here's the tumblr account for my game http://exxceptiondraft.tumblr.com/ which describes the initial idea for the game:

Plot:
Spoiler for:
So, I’m pretty much a writer by trade, and have decided to tell the newest story I’m working on in the form of a game, an RPG called ‘ExXception Draft’ - about a world where reaction against violent video games gets violently out of control, and the reaction of a criminal who has his own theories on ‘play.’

It sounds kind of sadistic, like it’s a Saw remake or something, but really, it’s less about torture and more about something about how… well, I think superheroes always have their perfect villains. Kind of how Jung’s(?) I think, idea of the shadow, works. Where you have a ‘dark’ part of you, not necessarily evil, but a part that is not manifest, that somehow ‘seeds’ you, or that you grow from, sometimes as “simply” as through a night spent dreaming.

I always thought the Joker was Batman’s ‘shadow’, or as you would normally say, ‘arch nemesis’, again with Jung, the idea of the ‘archetype.’ So…

My character is a ‘game-maker’, who, may create games that make people grow, and this may involve transgression or ‘challenges/dares/missions’ that involve illegal or illicit behavior. I have only brainstormed mostly. Haven’t written very much, but I’m working on the story's script and the levels and keeping track of it on my blog on tumblr. http://exxceptiondraft.tumblr.com/

You can check out my other creative endeavors at my website: http://www.theneonheart.com/
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 02:57:38 PM by theneonheart »
And if you stare for long enough into the abyss... you just might stare it down.

My Games: ExXception Draft
My Awesome Homepage The Neon Heart.com Host to My Writing / Music / Reviews / and More

Rep:
Level 67
TheNeonHeart.com
Another Screenshot

The first floor of the headquarters of 'The Second Man', the Paranormal Investigation magazine the main character works at. Almost finished. Working on second floor and basement now.

Spoiler for:
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 02:50:26 PM by theneonheart »
And if you stare for long enough into the abyss... you just might stare it down.

My Awesome Homepage The Neon Heart.com Host to My Writing / Music / Reviews / and More

Rep:
Level 82
The middle of the maps looks to empty. Try to cut down the space, or put something there.

And it looks like a big warehouse. Try to make it more 'office-ish'. (Or maybe it's just me)
You can look at pictures of offices to get some inspiration.

As for the slopes:

Credit Ccoa.

Rep:
Level 67
TheNeonHeart.com
I was actually going for a big warehouse-looking space. It's like an old factory gutted and turned into a magazine printing hq where they also do some different kinds of paranormal research. It's not final or anything, and yeah, there is a big open space in the middle, but I've got to work out what all's going to take place there. It's going to be a location they come back to multiple times so I want to give room for cut scenes and stuff too. I'll post the second floor and basement soon.

Rep:
Level 67
TheNeonHeart.com
Screen Shots from the 'Foundation Grounds' cult complex

Spoiler for: