RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
(RMVX) Request for a script that allows teleporting using skills

Rep: +0/-0Level 67
RMRK Junior
I want to have a skill for Warping from town to town only outside of battles that allows you to go to the cities/towns that that have already been visited and updates itself as you progress in the game.  Is there any way of accomplishing this?

Rep:
Level 71
Can be done with events  :-\

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
ok, well... since the dear doctor was so vague...

What it boils down to is, you can have a skill that calls a common event. These common events can be used to do lots of different things, anything that an event can do. Therefore, depending on the type of teleport you want, you can have the skill send you:

To the last town you Visited (a la Pokemon)
To the Map's Entrance (a la the .hack//mutation series)
To a location of your choosing (a la FFX-2 [airship])
To a random location (no example known)
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

RMRK Junior
Ok so how do I set it up to work in transition with the flow of the game?

Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
In transition with the flow of the game?

I don't know what you mean.

You have to be very specific when you ask a question, or else it takes much longer to get an adequate response. So, type a paragraph or two explaining exactly what you want.
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

RMRK Junior
Ok what I mean is say you have only gone to two towns.  At this point you will be going to another town.  Since you haven't went to this third town before you cannot warp/teleport yourself to it just yet.  Once you reach it however you can transport yourself to that place.  Kind of like how Dragon Quest XI does.  Have to reach the city before it's available to warp to that city at any given time after you have already been there.

RMRK Junior
I mean Dragon Quest IX not XI

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Activate a switch when you get to the city, then check if that switch is on in your skill's common event. If it is, you can teleport there.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
Or, variables work equally well, assuming your game is purely linear (that is, you can't go out of order with visiting towns), while only taking up one variable. Each location is assigned a one-time-run event that adds 1 to the variable, and if the variable is equal or greater than a certain location's place in the order, you can teleport there.