RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
How to make a Colloseum

Rep: +0/-0Level 67
RMRK Junior
I'm using RMVX and am wanting to make a place where we can do battling as a way of not only gaining experience but also to get speical items that you can't find anywhere when you earn coins or Shinekins as I call them in my game.  How can I do this?  I'm not that Savvy at programming or using Variables.

RMRK Junior
I take it either nobody cares about this or nobody knows how to do this.  A lot are reading it but nobody is replying.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
You certainly don't need a script.

You can force a battle with the Battle Processing event on the third page of the event commands. You can also set it so that there are conditions on win or loss. If win, give the rewards. If loss, expel them from the coliseum and have them start again.

RMRK Junior
Ok and how do I make it where I can actually use the Shinekins to purchase the items?  I tried it and it doesn't work.

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
What exactly are you trying to do? Can you explain a bit more in-depth?

I'm guessing that these Shinekins(should be Shinekuns) will be stored in a variable that increases every time you win at a colliseum. So then the logic would be:

Code: [Select]
Enter Colliseum

Do Battle
Get Shinekins

Go to Vendor
Exchange Shinekins for Items

Quit

I'm also assuming that the colosseum will be a map where you can battle enemies. Make it so that once you kill the enemy and you are successful, variable x is increased by a set amount depending on the monster. This can be done with choice commands and simple eventing knowledge. (This shouldn't be copied word for word, it's just explaining the logic behind it.)

Show Message: Who would you like the battle?
Show Choices: Slime, Orc
  When [Slime]
    Process Battle
    Win -> Variable[xxxx] += 5
    Loss -> Do whatever you want to
  When [Orc]
    Process Battle
    Win -> Variable[xxxx] += 10
    Loss > Do whatever you want to
 Branch End
Branch End

You can easily program in the "Shinekins" shop, again with variables and choice commands.

Show Message: What would you like to buy?
Show Choices: Falchion [10], Blazing Sword [25]
  When [Falchion [10]]:
    Branch - Variable[xxxx] >= 10
      Show Message: You got one Falchion!!
      Variable[xxxx] -= 10
   else
      Show Message: You don't have enough Shinekins..
   end
   When [Blazing Sword]:
    Branch - Variable[xxxx] >= 25
      Show Message: You got one Blazing Sword!!
      Variable[xxxx] -= 25
   else
      Show Message: You don't have enough Shinekins..
   Branch End
Branch End

A bit more eventing to make the system look aesthetically better, some loops to make it more player friendly, and viola; you have what you wanted. I suggest reading up on some eventing tutorials if something like this confuses you. Don't worry, everyone starts out as a beginner!

RMRK Junior
It's actually supposed to be Shinekins.  A word I made up.  Not sure what Shinekuns are though.  I will see what I can do with what you have showed me.  Great thanks.  This should be interesting to work with.

Blue Mage
Does anyone have good Colloseum tileset? Can't find any.

I'm using RPG maker XP
"Right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us. Both sides blame one another. There's no good or bad side. Just two sides holding different views."

I saw a squirrel...
Rep:
Level 82
...it got in my way.
Way to use another topic for something only slightly related.

EDIT: By the way, you could check out this Arena Minigame someone posted and edit that to change the prize. It wouldn't be hard, just change the gold to your Shinekins variable. Hmm, wonder who posted that minigame event system...
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,41619.msg476390.html#msg476390
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 05:44:00 PM by Strak »

Gods ain't gonna help ya son...