RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
To the Moon (and hi from a ghost)

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
Finished the game, and I'm @#$%ing satisfied. May I have some more? :3

Rep:
Level 82
I'm only half way through and I must admit I'm really liking it so far. I had to force myself to stop because it was getting late.

It's interesting watching the story unfold backwards too. Some things seem pretty uninteresting when you first come across it - usually the subtle things that have little meaning at the time - then suddenly you realise its purpose.

Like Zylos said, it's very satisfying. Even if the initial concept starts off a little gloomy - no matter what happens it involves an inevitable death. Nevertheless, it's a rewarding experience that is on a completely different level to a lot of games out there. I also find Dr Neil to be pretty humorous, and I'm glad there is an element of humour in the game. Comic relief is needed in an emotion-inducing story.

The only negative things I have to say about it is that there seems to be a fair bit of lag that detracts from the overall experience, and that every time you go up some stairs having clicked a location to head to, the move route is interrupted and I have to click again.

Oh, and there's this one time where I had a sideways hourglass icon over the stairs instead of feet. I can't remember which area that was in, though.

This is definitely one game I'm glad I got. Very nice work.
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
Swedens biggest Newspaper has reviewed the game:(Link is on Swedish)
http://www.aftonbladet.se/nojesbladet/spela/recensioner/article13912428.ab

It gave it 4/5. They described it as one of the most memorable games in a long time. I was shocked when I saw the review this morning when I read the newspaper. Great work Reives :)

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
I just saw an article of this game on Gameinformer, you must have done an amazing job on this!

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/11/25/to-the-moon-may-be-the-best-story-i-39-ve-played-all-year.aspx

Rep:
Level 85
Winter is here.
Sadly, due to financial constraints, I was unable to buy the game as originally intended. I did however watch a play through.

Oh.

My.

God.

Reives, you are an artist.
Eddard Stark art by Teiiku

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Just wanted to post here to congratulate you on your Steam launch. If anyone's game deserves to be on there, it's yours.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
I have one of the original copies, but I definitely plan to grab a Steam version too as a gift for a friend to support this amazing game. I'm not sure how often Reives checks in here, so I'll ask everyone in general: anyone know if there'll be steam achievements for the game?

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
I know that there are currently not steam achievements, and unless someone (could be me >_>) figure out how to implement them I doubt they will come.
Technical issues aside, I don't feel achievements fits too well with the flow of the game, apart from the puzzles that is.

I admit I am against the 'You opened the game!' 'You pressed Start!' type of achievements. Achievements should imo feel like an achievement.

*hugs*

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
If anyone has not played this game yet, Steam has it on sale for $4.99 (50% off) until January 5th. I'm not sure if it'll go up on any of their flash sales for something even cheaper, but it's definitely the best time to grab it if you still have not played the game yet.

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
OMG, YOU (Reives) made this game? No wonder the style felt familiar xD. GREAT JOB!!!
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
I'm bumping this one more time to let you guys know that it's once again on sale! You can get it for $3.39 for the next 17 hours, the lowest I've ever seen it. If you somehow have not played it yet, GO GET IT. NOW. Otherwise Irock will make me drink bleach. ;-;

Rep:
Level 55
Infected with the sickness.
I'm bumping this one more time to let you guys know that it's once again on sale! You can get it for $3.39 for the next 17 hours, the lowest I've ever seen it. If you somehow have not played it yet, GO GET IT. NOW. Otherwise Irock will make me drink bleach. ;-;

That's awesome! But I already got it, and I agree! GO GET IT! You wont regret it for one second! This game was on my mind for weeks after I finished it.. and I'm gonna replay it again soon, cause this game is a GEM!
Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
Awesome, gonna go play it this weekend thanks to that ;D
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 56
Tower of Hats
I just bought and finished the game tonight, and I just wanted to thank you. I don't know if you really check out these boards anymore, but you still deserve this thanks haha. To the Moon was truly a beautiful experience, I absolutely loved it. And I cried a lot. Violently.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
Reives (very) occassionally lurks the forums here.

I can also forward your thanks next time I talk to him ^_^

*hugs*

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
After seeing something like this I'm embarrassed to show anything I've ever made. This is as pro as I've ever seen.

:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 55
Infected with the sickness.
After seeing something like this I'm embarrassed to show anything I've ever made. This is as pro as I've ever seen.

What the Moo-Moo's said ^
Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade