RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[iOS] Move it On

Rep:
Level 83
Look at me, runnin' and all
Project of the Month winner for August 2009

Hi, RMRK!

You might know me from Nora's Dragon Stories or elsewhere on the forum, but I'm here to tell you now about another project I've been working on next to Nora's Dragon Stories (which is still in active development): Move it On. It's an iOS game I'm creating with a friend, and it will be released in a matter of days. It has been developped for over half a year. 5 weeks ago, we thought it was finished and we were ready to send it to Apple, but we couldn't, because of one gigantic error which made the app crash: that was our fault, because we didn't load the images quite efficient.

But here's some more information and some screenshots!

In Move it On, it's all about moving your robot on as long as you can. The little guy's called Ridebot, and he rides continuously on. It's your job to make sure he doesn't get stuck behind: you can achieve that by sliding, clicking, shaking or swiping to clear the obstacles in front of him.

First of all, there are the red obstacles. These are simple: click them once, twice or thrice to clear them out of your way. They come in many ways: towers, hamburgers (formed with the ground), combo's, simple blocks or heavy blocks. You'll encounter these a lot and they vanish with an animated cloud.

Secondly, there's yellow obstacles. These are the objects you'll have to slide in order to get past. This could mean sliding it up, down, to the left or to the right. The yellow obstacles are the more basic ones, which we've designed and come up with in an early stage.

In third place you'll encounter green objects. These are the ones that have to be triggered. You see the red exclamation-button next to it? Click it and something awesome will happen. There's two of these objects in the releaseversion, both involve a block falling down. WOW, did I just spoil that for you.

Then there's the blue object: a couple of these only occur up until 200 points, because after 200 points the level moves to fast to complete these obstacles. But you have to trigger a Start- and Stopbutton in order to make sure the blue bar reaches the surface, after which Ridebot can continue.

Last but not least (cliché much) there's the purple obstacle: you can turn these off. Why? Because in some situations, you don't want to be seen shaking your hands up and down. Yes, these blocks have to be cleared by shaking your device.

----------

That's it? No, that's certainly not it.

How about achievements? No, there's no GameCenter involved to be honest, but we do have our own achievement system. And once GameCenter is implemented we'll just pop your gained achievements right into GameCenter, with a certain amount of points included of course. Take a look at the 12 achievements that will be available in the releaseversion:

I'm not going to tell you which one means which, of course, but surely do speculate.

What's a modern arcadegame without powerups? On the 7th and 8th achievement you can see the two powerups we've included in the releaseversion: a double bonus-powerup (I'll get back to that) and a rocket-powerup which allows you to skip some obstacles while Ridebot's being in some kind of Hulk-mode. Awesome, eh?

But what's up with that bonus? Well, you get a bonus for every obstacle you complete. The faster you complete the obstacle, the bigger your bonus is. If you, however, save your robot on the very last moment (that's right, you can even let him continue until he's only 1px on screen), you won't get a bonus: that's not a reward worthy, is it?
Well, the max bonus is 10 and it will be added up to your points. The highscores can be found in a table in the home menu, along with some stats (playtime, playcount, obstaclecount) and the achievements.

----------

I've also created an original Move it On theme song, which some of you might know from the Music Critiquing Thread:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEP3rtSShno" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEP3rtSShno</a>

Screenshots:
Spoiler for:

These screenshots are taken directly from my iPod Touch 2G. The ugly tire in the first screenshot comes from the fact that it's an animation, as well as the unsharp edges on the robot.

Other than that, I'll just let you know when Move it On or Move it On LITE hits the appstore! I will also upload a video for you.

If anyone wants to know how we made something, came up with something or just anything else, don't hesitate to ask!

Japur
  - 

Rep:
Level 83
Move it On releasedate: august 22!

Move it On will be released on august 22, and we've send it to the App Store yesterday. It's awaiting review now. We're curious of what you guys think of it.

There is plenty of room for improvement, but we've released it because it worked as it is now. So there will be improvements (mainly in performance), but the main game is really finished.

Also, Move it On LITE will very likely be released on august 22 as well.

Stay tuned!

Follow us on Twitter
Like us on Facebook
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 08:48:45 AM by Japur »
  - 

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
I think it looks like it could be fun as long as the levels are well-designed. It's hard to tell without playing it though.

Rep:
Level 83
It's an endless randomly generated game, there are no levels. :) I hope you'll like it though, and I agree that it's hard to tell from this information.

I think the LITE version gives a pretty good impression of what the full version is like, so you could always try that one out (if you have an iOS device?).

It's really an arcade game though, there's no level design or story or whatsoever. :)
  - 

Rep:
Level 83
Move it On has hit the AppStore! :D

Check it out now!

We're really proud of it and we hope that you'll all like it. :) The LITE version is not here yet, it's awaiting review.
  - 

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
*wild, furious applause*
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 83
*wild, furious applause*
*enjoys*

I also wanted to let you know that Move it On LITE has hit the App Store. :) So for those who don't want to pay (don't be ashamed, I know there's a bunch of you out there), but DO want to try Move it On, this is you chance! :D

Here it is: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/move-it-on-lite/id459065587
  -