RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX]Throwing Skill

Rep:
Level 69
RESIDENT ADONKADONK
Throwing Skills
August 4,2011

Summary
This script should allow you to throw items from your inventory, primarily weapons, just like in Final Fantasy 5 and 7. It should be compatible with Yanfly's Engine Melody. Also, it would be optimal if you could put notetags on a weapon, to define it as throwable.
Not required but well wanted:
It would be nice if you could put notetags on the weapon to define a skill that would be used when you throw the weapon.

Features Desired
  • Notetags to define as throwable weapon.
  • Allow you to throw weapons from inventory, disposing them.
  • Compatible with BEM.
  • Optional: When you throw a weapon, a skill will be used instead. It would be nice if we could define it in the script, or using notetags.

Mockups

Throwing the Masamune in Final Fantasy 7.

Games its been in
  • Final Fantasy 4,5, 7,. (Sure there are more.)

What other scripts are you using?
  • Battle Engine Melody, BEM New Functions by GB Productions.

Did you search?
Yes!

Where did you search?
  • RMRK, RPGRPG,

What did you search for?
  • Throwing skill vx/rpg maker vx
  • Throw skill vx

I'm back.

Rep:
Level 69
RESIDENT ADONKADONK
I think  I might bump this topic.

I'm back.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
When you throw it, do you lose the weapon?

Also, how do you choose to throw a weapon, is it a skill and then it brings up an item menu? Do they just show up in the item menu? Is there a separate command (like Attack, Defend, Throw)? Should it be limited to only weapons that actor can use or all weapons in inventory? If no skill is set, how should damage be calculated - just as a normal attack with that weapon?

Rep:
Level 69
RESIDENT ADONKADONK
When I throw it I lose the weapon I threw.

I would like it if it was a skill that brought up and "Item Menu". It should be limited to items in the inventory, not what the actor has equipped.  If no skill is set, it should be calculated as a critical attack with that weapon, or if that isn't possible, yes, a normal attack with that weapon.

I'm back.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
But should it be limited to weapons the actor could potentially equip or all weapons? Ie, could Bennet throw a Long Sword or only a club?

Rep:
Level 69
RESIDENT ADONKADONK
Anyone could throw whatever they feel.

I'm back.

Rep:
Level 69
RESIDENT ADONKADONK

I'm back.

Rep:
Level 69
RESIDENT ADONKADONK

I'm back.

Rep:
Level 69
RESIDENT ADONKADONK

I'm back.

Rep:
Level 69
RESIDENT ADONKADONK

I'm back.

Rep:
Level 71
This guy (http://www.rpgmakervx.net/index.php?showtopic=17761&pid=153572&mode=threaded&show=&st=0) Asked for help in throwing weapons in ABS, but some one was confused and told how to set up throw-able weapons in Tankentia SBS by accident, I know it's not your battle system but it might help you.

Rep:
Level 76
Interested RMKR
Script List

CTRL+F, search for "skill effects" without the quotation marks.

You're looking for a script by the same name. It has a throwing skill (and a LOT of other stuff as well). It's by Yanfly for Yanfly.