RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Looking for spriters and/or mappers.

Touhou Fantasy Developer and all around cool person. :)
Rep:
Level 85
T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
So, I have been working on my own rpg for the past 2 1/2 years, and would really appreciate anyone's help on making sprites for a few characters in-battle (mainly boils down to 4 characters in general in that) as well as helping with status sprites for each character.

That's about it really. I ask for mappers as well, but not sure how often mappers would be able to work on this project with me at my pace. Would really help with getting things done quicker if there was someone to help with doing dungeons that I myself am not working on at the current time (not sure how importing maps and getting them to work from one maker to another works exactly, so would need help on that as well probably ^^; )

Rep:
Level 85
Not one to really bump old threads or whatnot...however, I think it is time to update some sprites and/or actually get new ones into the game, as to freshen it up perhaps and make it more unique. Sadly, I cannot pay or anything for this, so this is all voluntary of course. If needed, I'll post some screenshots or something of the sprites that I'm using or something. The game is centered around Touhou, for those who are curious.

I am looking for spriters who would be willing to sprite any of the following:

*Custom overworld sprites to match up with the current overworld sprites I'm using for the vast majority of the cast.
*Custom in-battle sprites for a few characters
*Status effect sprites/palettes for all characters (this has been a thorn in my side ever since my original status spriter left the project...)
*Custom enemy/boss sprites, mainly to avoid using so many Final Fantasy sprites and to have more sprites that's fitting for the game.
*Custom overworld sprites for various situations (such as KO'd on overworld, emotion sprites, and whatnot. These aren't necessarily NEEDED as badly as the others, but they'd be a nice touch I suppose).

Those are the main ones that -I- can think of off the top of my head. I do not think there are any other sprites that are needed at this time, but these should be more than enough I would think. If anyone is interested, do let me know, and I would greatly appreciate any help that I can get x_x;;

***EDIT***

Screenshots incoming! Hope these work for you guys.

This shows the current spritestyle that my overworld sprites are using. All of the Touhou ones came from another site (as far as I'm aware, the person was open-sourced too). This doubles over for the custom overworld sprites, as the 5th and 6th on the bottom (from the left, so the two to the right of the one in pink with green hair) are the original characters (the one in scantily-clad clothing there is one that someone made for me a while back, but...I don't know how well it matches the style of the other sprites, nor does the animations seem to match the style). The one to the right of that is an example of one that NEEDS a custom overworld sprite. I have some that the original spriter was doing, but seeing as I haven't seen him in forever...yeah. Example of the sprites he was working on, for those who are curious:

Which is based off of the artwork the same guy did for the original character (both of them). If you need to see the artwork for the characters (there's only "technically" two fully done. The others aren't even started and/or finished), I can post those here.

This particular image is for custom overworld emotion sprites, which is shown with the fairies there. These would also further include other such emotions (such as two characters hugging one another, etc).

This one doubles over as 3 screenshots. The boss sprite is an example of a custom enemy/boss sprite (done by the same spriter who did the artwork and Chaos overworld sprite). It could use some more work I think, but maybe something that's more akin to other sprites currently used (it's hard to say WHAT exact sprite style though, since there's so many different sprite styles for enemies/bosses...). Custom enemy/boss sprites would further delve into the Touhou folklore, as well as mythological stuff.

The second point of this screenshot is to show the custom battle sprites for the characters. As you can tell, one character in here has none whatsoever, and has been this way for a good 1 1/2 years now (2-3 other characters are in the same boat, having no sprites either). This is also meant to show the sprite style of the battle sprites (Hisoutensoku/Touhou styled).

The last point is well...the status sprites. Some of them are pretty simple: for instance, the one on Hope down there (who's using Reimu's battle sprite) has the Protect status on. However, some of these would be more elaborate (spinning animation for Confusion, lying down with Zzzs for Sleep, etc.). At least, to make them more unique and elaborate (the only downside is there's no real way to show how many statuses there are on any given character...).

That should do it for the sprites! If you require more screenshots, or would like to see the artwork of the two original characters for more references if you decide to help, let me know! Hope this is enough for you guys @_@

« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 09:26:58 AM by Xenomic »

Rep:
Level 85
Aye aye...still looking for anyone who is willing to help on this project. Currently trying to design a maze-like dungeon, but stumped as to what exactly I want to do with the layout of it. Also still need the same as in the above post to help with x_x;