RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Adon's Code Snippets- Before Title Screen Message.

Rep:
Level 69
RESIDENT ADONKADONK
Adon's Code Snippets- Before Title Screen Message
Version: 1.1
Author: Adon (No credit is needed. This is simple.)
Date: 7/28/11

Version History

7/28/11- Started and finished snippet. (Total time: 30 seconds)
7/28/11- Upgraded to version 1.1.(Total time: 5 minutes)

Planned Future Versions
1.2- Allow special text codes.

Description

This is an extremely simple script, it took no brainpower at all to make, though I haven't seen one around here, so I might as well would post it. This script creates a popup upon starting your game, before the titlescreen. Exactly like if you get an error message as the game starts. It's simple. and I don't even consider this a script, but it could be useful. Like if you make a game demo, and you want a message to popup out of game, you can do so.
Version 1.1 added description: Now if you are in test play mode, you can choose if you would like to display a message or not.

Features

• Able to have a message popup before loading title screen.
  • Multiple messages are able.
  • You can display certain messages or no messages depending if you are in test play mode or not.

Screenshots

Instructions
To use, just simply edit the text inside the ""'s. To make more than one message appear, just type in
print ""
on a new line. Simple!

Script

Code: [Select]
Storm's Title Message Script- Version 1.2
# This is an extremely simple snippet, and I don't even consider this a script.
# You may use this script, especially since anyone could have though up of it in seconds.
# The purpose of the script is to display a simple message before the title screen appears.
#Simple, right?
#VERSION HISTORY
#7/25/11- Started and completed snippet. (5 seconds.)
# Version 1.0 - Only tested features are the displaying of text.
# Version 1.1 - Now you can display a message or not depending if they are in test play mode or not.
if $TEST
  #THESE MESSAGES WILL APPEAR IF YOU ARE IN TEST PLAY MODE.
  print "You are in test play mode"
 $Scene_Title 
else
  # THESE MESSAGES WILL APPEAR IF YOU ARE NOT IN TEST MODE!
  # Inside the ""'s you put what you would want to popup. Text only. No special text codes or anything obviously. Yet...
  print "You are not in test play mode! Marvelous!"
  # Now if you don't want a wall of text to show at once, you can simply do another print command and there you go.
  print "See, it loads up before the title screen is displayed!"
  print "You can even do multiple messages! This script should be compatible with everything, basically because
it doesn't overwrite anything, it just displays it before the title screen loads up and is done.
It would be optimal if you put this script below all other scripts, just in case.
If any compatibillity errors arise, be sure to notify me! Just PM me at RMN,RRR,or RMRK.
Remember, this script was easy, and it took 30 seconds to make."
 end
# It would actually be a great idea if you were to put this below all scripts, so it will be loaded last.
# It could be possible that if you are in test mode, it will load up scene title instead of
#finishing loading up all of your scripts.
#Free for commercial use, no credit is needed. Etc.

Credit

None needed, this took 30 seconds and anyone could have done it.

Support

I can be found at RMN(Adon237), RRR, and RMRK.

Known Compatibility Issues

No known compatibility issues as of now, version 1.1. Will be testing some custom title scripts with this one.
It should be compatible with everything, besides scripts that do the same thing as this one. Though I am sure it won't be incompatible. If you put multiple copies of the script in your game, it will print the messages multiple times.

Demo

Demo can be found here: Version 1.0
http://www.mediafire.com/?pfyyly1lzi8c623
Version 1.1: http://www.mediafire.com/?zyaq0atoldi3vl2

Restrictions
None.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 01:10:26 PM by Adon »

I'm back.

Rep:
Level 69
RESIDENT ADONKADONK
Ahh! Upgrading to version 1.1 already.

I'm back.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
You really didn't do anything, did you? XD
The print or p command is built in to RGSS, for anyone who wants to know the magic behind this script, and because the code isn't contained within a class and it runs before Main in the script editor, it will pop up.

It is good to spread the word of this magic command, and there is virtually no conceivable way any script could ruin it.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 69
RESIDENT ADONKADONK
I upgraded it a little. :3 And no, I virtually did nothing for the first version. This is a petty script. :D
Though Version 1.1 did require the slightest amount of thought. Though the next version will have text codes from Custom Message Melody, and will require that to use the text codes feature. Don't worry, I am just starting out ridiculously simple.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 02:26:17 PM by Adon »

I'm back.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Clever.
Just checking, you seem new to RGSS, yes? Do you know that when working in string (""), you can use #{} to represent a predetermined value? For example:
Code: [Select]
NUMBER = 4
print "My favourite number is #{NUMBER}."
Will print out a pop up that says "My favourite number is 4."
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 69
RESIDENT ADONKADONK
Ahh, that's a brilliant idea, I will add that to version 1.2

I'm back.