RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] Attempting a simple puzzle that's escaping me..

Rep:
Level 69
RMRK Junior
Ok, what I want to do is make it so that you have to collect some herbs and it makes an acidic potion, then, using the acid potion, the player would destroy boulders and move through the map.  One problem:

I have 15 herbs to gather and 18 boulders to destroy (So there can be errors).  My problem is that I don't want to use 33 variables or switches to turn
these on and off, and reset if theres a mistake..  How can I have an easy reset without so many switches or variables.. or is it impossible?

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Err, use self-switches?

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
RMVX Scripter
Or use conditional branches with script code that then turn on self switches.

Rep:
Level 69
RMRK Junior
Well, Self-Switches are the most efficient I would say.. however..  What if you use all 15 herbs and have no exit? Ahhh... Wait I was thinking about it while typing..  It would work with one variable.. seeing as if you "RESET" it sets a variable trigger that will turn the switches back off??  That would work, no?

Rep:
Level 73
Artista
2012 Best Artist2012 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)Winner - 2011 Summer Project of the Season
All you really need is one global switch and one extra page on your events.

I've made a quick project for you so you can see the events:
http://www.mediafire.com/?qay5zgdhn97g3bk
My current project:

Rep:
Level 69
RMRK Junior
Yeah, I figured it out, thank you for all your help guys :)