RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RESOLVED][RM2K]Help with Cutscene

Rep: +0/-0Level 67
RMRK Junior
I'm trying to make my first cutscene in RPG Maker 2000, but it's rather difficult. The main issue I'm having with is Autostart, as it constantly loops. Can someone help me?

At the moment I have it so the hero walks up to an old guy, the head of a dojo. There is some dialogue, then there is a battle. You can either win or lose in this fight, as you won't get a game over if you fail.

After the fight, the party is healed and screen shakes. The old guy asks what was that and turns on a switch, activating 2 other events.

The 2 events are 2 villains that walk in. They are set to walk up to the old man, say something, activate a light flash. The old man will no longer be there when the screen clears. Then one of the 2 villains walks away and the remaining villain walks up to the heroes to fight them. After the fight, there will be dialogue and you can finally move.

Well, that is what is planned. I'm stuck on the part when the 2 villain events are activated. They show up on the screen, but they don't have time to do anything because the Autostart from the old man's event loops. How do you fix this?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 05:31:49 PM by 11clock »

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
with an autostart you have to end the event before anything else can happen... My suggestion would be to use a switch or variable to change the event... But I haven't messed with 2k3 forever so.. I'm not sure how that works...
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Rep: +0/-0Level 67
RMRK Junior
with an autostart you have to end the event before anything else can happen... My suggestion would be to use a switch or variable to change the event... But I haven't messed with 2k3 forever so.. I'm not sure how that works...

Okay, the event no longer loops now. Thanks!