RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Seven Souls [VX]

Rep:
Level 84
You won't be folding stars.
S E V E N S O U L S

Warning: Before you continue, you should know that this isn't some sort of RPG offering brand new features. Granted, it has its own story, and I'm rather proud of what I've got so far, if it is a little cliche, but this is supposed to be the sort of game that's an homage to the real, original RPGs, e.g. the first six Final Fantasies, Fire Emblem... if that's clear, keep on reading.

Positions Needed

• A story/plot advisor, someone who can offer decent feedback and has stuff to show for it
  • A graphic designer, preferably skilled in Photoshop. This may come and go depending on certain variables.
  • Preferably someone skilled with the eventing system in RMVX. I'm fairly experienced with it, but should I come across any problems, it'd be helpful to have someone to turn to.
  • Somebody who can tweak tilesets/iconsets, because I've hit a bit of a hump around this area and I'm getting kinda pissed with it.
  • POSSIBLY a mapper/or someone who can help make battle backgrounds to work with Synthesize's 'Battlebacks VX' script.

The Team So Far

Note; not expecting anyone here to know any of these people. If you do, then you probably know me by default. Heh.

• Myself (Mapping, eventing, plot)
  • K3 (Plot)
  • Rurouni (Spriting)
  • Tailer (Spriting)
  • chou (Current graphics artist, but she's on hiatus with a lot of things going on)
  • Spire (Local mythology geek who's helping me out with various bits + bobs)
  • Envy + Vagrant Samurai/Johnny (My idea generators, pretty much. Thanks to Johnny, AKA VS, there's at some point a fight with an enchanted barstool)
  • Magna + Nymbus (Beta-testers, promised, when this thing actually gets to demo stage =P)

What I'm Asking For

• I pretty much need contact details for you. I'd prefer IM (MSN would be best) over PM, as I tend to come and go over RMRK.
  • Patience. This is paramount. There are a lot of ideas flying around, so I need somebody who can listen just as much as they can offer ideas.
  • Genuine interest. To make this clear; this is NOT a commercial game, I'm not offering any sort of price incentive here. This is a hobby of mine.
  • That you actually fit the positions. I know this sounds elitist as all hell, and pretty damn patronising, but I don't want someone who's 'fixed up an MS Paint banner or two', or somebody who writes neverending Harry Potter MalfoyxVoldemort slash fics (yes, they exist).
  • You might not have to meet the team if you don't want to, and I'm certainly less intimidating than this will seem. Just trying to get my point across.

Some More Notes

Not going to put the story up on this to avoid cluttering. This is getting into serious stages now. It's absolutely imperative I get some decent graphics (banners, logos, etc) to draw in a potential crowd; I can't design logos for shit, in all honesty.
I have more than enough music. Trust me. XD
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 03:23:56 PM by Sky_Of_Order »
If you want
Follow me
And I'll lead you inside
You don't have
To
Run and hide

Thanks, Sabre.