RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Catatonia

Rep: +0/-0Level 87

Information:
Catatonia is a surrealistic RPG Maker XP game with a strong focus on exploration and item collection. It features original graphical and audio assets created entirely by myself.

The main character is an unnamed child, and the game itself has absolutely no dialogue whatsoever. The only text is on the title screen, a short blurb in the intro, and then a few item names within a very barebones menu system. There is no EXP, leveling, stats, or any RPG-type elements. The game encourages the player to merely explore and takes in the sights and sounds of the strange dreamlike world.

There will be an "ending" to the game, which can be arrived at very early on if the player so desires. The ending the player earns, however, is contingent upon a variety of factors, such as how many areas were explored, how many items collected, and how they performed in different conflict scenarios.

Screenshots:

Spoiler for Title Screen:
Spoiler for Screenshots:
Some of the screenshots are a bit sparse, as I still haven't finished fully drawing the tilesets.

Other Info:
For questions/comments/etc. I can be contacted either via this forum, or at cahrull@hotmail.com.

At this point I could severely use a few good alpha testers, both to help find bugs and also to help improve the quality of the game itself. If anyone is interested (and serious about it) feel free to get ahold of me!

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
This sounds pretty interesting. Were you influenced by Yume Nikki? It's one of my favorite RM games and very similar to your description.

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
This sounds pretty interesting. Were you influenced by Yume Nikki? It's one of my favorite RM games and very similar to your description.
Funny you should mention that - I never even knew of its existence, and I recently sent an Alpha build of Catatonia to a friend, he mentioned the name and I googled it. Does appear to be similar. Haven't played it though.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
It's a pretty fun game, though the exploration can get a bit tedious after a while with how big the maps are. Coupled with the fact that they loop and have very few landmarks most of the time, it's pretty easy to get hopelessly lost.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
This is definitely something different, which is good to see. If needed, I can test the game for ya.