RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Arith [CANCELLED]

Rep:
Level 82

is cancelled.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 04:50:55 AM by Zacpower4 »

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
First off, I wanna say that I have never seen so many screenshots in one new project topic.

Secondly, You seem to be using items to fill up your space when, in reality, it might be better to narrow your space. A large room will seem empty unless you have a bunch of items in it, but then, instead, it would be cluttered and ugly.

I would also work on designing each room as if it were real. For example, most houses don't have as many potted plants as you do (although, come to think of it, I assume the last two are part of the same building and the number of plants has a significance) and there are some items that seem out of place.

For example, you put the moose head in the corner, but normally a mounted head would be a central piece, putting it in a corner makes it look like it is just there to fill space, and is not really on display.

HOwever, I absolutely love your exterior design~!

And I would just like to say, others will probably complain about the name of your axe.
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
Not much I can say about the game yet, I hope you continue with this though, because I'll be sure to try out the demo.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
The atmosphere in every screenshot you posted looks exactly the same. Looks like a fully lit room. Trying using colour overlays to create nighttime or sunset type of atmosphere.

Rep:
Level 82
@Sashikinaroji: Thanks for the comments. I will try to edit my houses accordingly. And in my defence, the name of that axe was created off the fly, so maybe I will change that too.
@hiromu656: I will, but thanks anyway.
@Firerain: It was supposed to have a morning atmosphere, but if you're still not satisfied, I can change it if you want.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
just looks like a fully lit room. if it's a morning/dawn atmosphere you're going for try tinting the screen to an orangeish colour, for a sunrise effect
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 03:32:24 AM by Firerain »

Rep:
Level 88
&& Lime
Winner - 2011 Spring Project of the Season
I like your logo. ^^ It's pretty.
Your mapping style seemed weird at first but it grew on me from just looking at the screenshots. Your exteriors are very pleasant to the eye, but I was hoping to see some use of atmosphere lighting, like Firerain mentioned.
Also, don't get carried away with the sun beams! Eye candy such as those should be used in the right situation, else it diminishes the happy feeling of seeing it.
Other than those critiques, it looks promising. I'll be playing the demo if there is one. :] Good luck!

hey, pasta!

i'm not okay.

Rep:
Level 82
@Bunny: Thanks, the light beams were supposed to fade in and fade out, but I just took the screenshot at the wrong time.
@Firerain: Okay, will do.

Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
@Bunny: Thanks, the light beams were supposed to fade in and fade out, but I just took the screenshot at the wrong time.

What he means is that you should not have it all the time, only in scenes where it really needs it. That way, when you use it, it will show that there is significance to that particular area. Using the effect everywhere will make it turn into an annoyance in the corner of the screen.
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Rep:
Level 82
@Sashikinaroji: Oh, okay then.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Bunny's of the female persuasion O_o
And I agree with the logo praise, and criticisms of everything else.
This really does look good, I look forward to more progress.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 82
@Pacman: Thanks, I just hope I can release a demo soon. (So you all can see my bad dialogue :P)

Rep:
Level 82
New Screenshots:
Seth's Office

Ryon (City)

It's empty because I didn't add any civillians. (I will soon)
Updated Screenshots:
Airth+Adrian's

Residence

That's all for now.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 02:56:08 AM by Zacpower4 »

You pie feeders!
Rep:
Level 68
Everyone... Actually Everyone hates me :)
2012 Biggest Drama Whore
Spoiler for:
New Screenshots:
Seth's Office

Ryon (City)

It's empty because I didn't add any civillians. (I will soon)
Updated Screenshots:
Airth+Adrian's

Residence

That's all for now.

you know you could just take these photos and add them to the main post with that little button at the top of the thing that says modify, it makes it easier for people to find things when they're tied together.

bu then again what do i know i did the same thing on my first topic lol.
Final Statement: I chowder5lock am a dipshit and MA is a pretty cool dude.

Rep:
Level 82
@crow5derlock:Yeah I know, I just wanted everybody's opinions on the screenshots first but thanks anyway.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
I really like the mapping, I think they're well done.

Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
agreed.

it seems that you have a really nice sense of making things look natural. You have some beautiful work on it. I really like how you added weeds coming through the cracks in the flooring, which is really believable in cities and towns, and is something I see all the time in my town.

Basically, I mean that your towns are beautiful and realistic.

You pie feeders!
Rep:
Level 68
2012 Biggest Drama Whore
agreed.

it seems that you have a really nice sense of making things look natural. You have some beautiful work on it. I really like how you added weeds coming through the cracks in the flooring, which is really believable in cities and towns, and is something I see all the time in my town.

Basically, I mean that your towns are beautiful and realistic.

true but it kinda seems like the weeds take over more than naturally.

if your going to ask how would i know, my answer simply is i live in Kansas!

Rep:
Level 82
Didn't know I would recieve good comments for my maps but... :lol:

EDIT: I added 2 new maps (See screenshots)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 06:24:26 AM by Zacpower4 »

You pie feeders!
Rep:
Level 68
2012 Biggest Drama Whore
Entrance to the Lumberjack settlement:

you might want to fix the first wooden thingamawatsit

Rep:
Level 82
@crow5derlock: Oh, noted.

You pie feeders!
Rep:
Level 68
2012 Biggest Drama Whore
any updates?

Rep:
Level 82
@crow5derlock: Not really. Now I'm trying to get the story straight before I continue.

Rep: +0/-0Level 69
RMRK Junior
Loving the screenshots!
I'm guessing this is RMXP, no? You should include that in your title.
The sun glare looks nice, but I think if I was playing the game it would become annoying.
It seems that you're putting stuff in just for the sake of it in some of your interior maps, and it makes it look overcluttered.

Rep:
Level 82
@oblivious12123: Yes, I have already mentioned that I would be editing the maps. But thanks anyways!

Rep:
Level 82
Sorry for double-posting but I don't really like the old hairstyle of Arith's sprite so I need your opinions to see which is better:

So?

EDIT: Never mind that, I'm going with the new one anyway.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 09:54:30 AM by Zacpower4 »

Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
Good thing... I like hte new one better too... the old one looks... strange... not really in the hair department, but the clothing is really... off... Although, I can't put my finger on why...

Rep:
Level 82
Created some more maps. ;D
Farden Woods:

Arith anxiously searches for her missing son.
Pass:

Grotto:

I decided that I needed to work on the first part of my game so I stopped the making of Ryon and began on new Farden maps.

EDIT: New one:

Another EDIT:
Path:

After I finished the Farden maps, I create New Ryon's:
Castle:

Castle Kitchen:

Yet another EDIT:
Forgot to post up some screenies:
Ryon Interiors:
I bet you'd be complaining about the emptiness in this interior, but I'll be editing it appropriately soon.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 11:45:37 AM by Zacpower4 »

Rep:
Level 82
Alright, since there has been nobody commenting recently, I'm going to BUMP by adding a few new screenshots:
Ryon Woods:

So...please comment!

Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
People won't always comment on your topic every time you update with a screen, nor should they be expected to.

Yeah... so... that being said, looks nice, but seems to be just more of the same, so I really have nothing new to say, hence why I didn't post before...

Rep:
Level 82
Yeah...Sorry about that.
Just got bored.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Another EDIT:
Path:

The Waterfall part needs a bit more work, it looks pretty strange.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
The other waterfall also seems to be coming from nowhere.

And the cliff edge looks a little funny. It doesn't have any depth to it.

Rep:
Level 82
Yeah, I'll work on that.

Rep:
Level 82
I made more maps:

Ryon Woods:

A small village: Arrevan:

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Looking good, this area seems to be a lot of open land though, will there be anything in these parts of the world? Maybe chests, side quests, some travelers perhaps? Or maybe random enemy encounters?

Rep:
Level 82
Yeah...
I was too busy working on the maps I forgot to add those.

You pie feeders!
Rep:
Level 68
2012 Biggest Drama Whore
i really like the forests, but it seems a bit flower takeover, i know wild flowers are aften in groups of 2 or groups of 20 but not really in different types like that, but i really do like the forest!

Rep:
Level 82
Hey guys, Arith's going through a massive(Kinda) update, so check the main post for updates!

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
I like the maps. I couldn't find many updates since I didn't remember any of it in the first place. But is the main character the only change?

Rep:
Level 82
@hiromu656: Not really, in fact, everything's changed, including storyline, characters, maps, etc...

Rep:
Level 82
Here's one revamped interior for you:

Rep:
Level 82
Update everyone!

(Sorry for double posting)

Check main post-I've updated the characters, prologue and storyline.

Rep:
Level 82
Hey guys, sorry for 'friple posting' (Posting four times in a row), but I finally have a demo up!
(Check main post)

If there's something wrong with the download please immediately inform me, its my first time uploading my project into mediafire.

As for the demo, you'll only be able to see the intro, and explore the village(Farden). That's all.

Please comment! And please report any bugs!

EDIT: Demo link removed due to major glitches. Sorry...
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 01:06:08 AM by Zacpower4 »

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Well since you're taking the demo down, will you be adding more to it, or just fixing the glitches?

Rep:
Level 82
@hiromu656: I don't know really...It depends whether I have the time (Or motivation) to add more stuff to the demo. But I'll be definitely fixing the glitches,

Rep:
Level 82
Can someone move this to the abandoned projects please? I don't have the motivation to continue this anymore.

Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
and this is why we are a bit nervous around new projects.