RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Roguelike Random Dungeon Generator

Rep:
Level 77
RMRK Junior
Could be the fog or parallax script I'm using.

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
What script would that be?

Rep:
Level 77
RMRK Junior
MA's Parallax script and Falcao's Fog script. The map is 170x130.

Rep:
Level 77
RMRK Junior
Tried a blank project and it's not a script conflict because that was the only script I used.

Rep:
Level 84
Thanks for finding out that major bug. Fixed.

Rep:
Level 77
RMRK Junior
It works now, but it seems to be messing up the walls and putting events in inaccessible places. For the latter, you could just tell it to check wether or not the tile is passable

Rep:
Level 84
Intrigue. See if the updated version helps. Sorry for all the inconvenience, I should've noticed these things earlier.

EDIT: It is edited, just not a new version.

Rep:
Level 74
I'm baaack!
Is there a way to make the dungeon generate the first time the player enters the map, and stay the same every other time the player enters the map. Just so it makes sense. I do like the current version though.

Rep:
Level 84
Sorry I didn't see this earlier. In most Roguelikes, the map changes every time you enter, so the lazy side of me wants to keep it like that. But I guess I could add an option if I have time.

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
it doesnt work for me... when i entered a random map it just black screen
okay now i get the problem on my side is that im persistent in making a random map using minimum and maximum width or height the same... example is 3,3 min/max width and height... i also noticed that i think using 0 for wall also help in that black screen i dunno why... floor is not okay for 0 either... so at least you need 1 for any values and i noticed exceeding either floor or wall to 9 will cause that blackscreen again... there is also another problem... about exiting said dungeon... here is an example of "infinite universe"... make 2 events that both send you to the same map over and over... so i made my own and i place my character on top of either ladders... but here is the glitch... the map doesnt change at all, and so does the placement of the event. and whats interesting is when you warp your character it will warp directly to what coordinate you made in the map creation inside VX... so the character wont end up in front of the ladder used... it will warp the player as is... and it will cause to warp players to an wall..

okay so i finally got it to work but there seems to be another thorn in the rose... each map i make it has a limitation of 3 evens only.... effin i cant make a batallion and horde of mobs man....

ah i get it.... it seems like placing event as is doesnt work as what you want it be... how to place event work like this...

placing them must have a spacing equal to the maximum width and height you assing in the configs....
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 01:02:06 PM by fatapi_shadramon »