RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Resolved] [RM2k3] ABS Help?

Rep: +0/-0Level 67
RMRK Junior
Hi all,
I'm trying to create an ABS based off of this tutorial: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,39913.0.html . What I've done is that I've set up two parallel process common events: one common event sets the Player's X and Y coordinates by means of "Variable Operations", and the other is a common event that controls the weapon: it checks if the player is pressing shift, and if so moves an event on the map called 'Weapon' to where the Player is (i.e. the Player's coordinates), and moves it in a direction according to the Player's direction. It's based off of the chunk of text titled 'How the Weapon Works' in the tutorial.

Now, I have the 'Weapon' event on the top left corner of the map. When I go to the event and press shift, the event moves, but it doesn't warp to where the player is. I have it so, in the Weapon's common event, right after the player presses shift, it moves the 'Weapon' event via "Change Event Location" to X and Y coordinates stored in variables (the Player's position, which should be being stored constantly through another common event). I'm thinking something might be wrong with that. Basically my question is, whats wrong with this? Is it the Player coordinate thing? Please help, thank you very much!

EDIT: Resolved; I had an extra event that moved the event back to the top left corner of the map. Didn't need that and I don't think any problems would arise without it, took it off and it worked.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 09:52:21 PM by samfortunato »