RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
(RESOLVED) Phone style custom menu

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
Unfortunately It gave me the same error as when I edited. To see if it was a script messing it up. I made a new project with no scripts, and yes I copied the graphics but same error.

then you have a magic error. There's nothing I can do now that wizards are involved (I put it into a new project and it ran clean)
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Rep:
Level 71
I tried it again and still didn't do anything, so I guess I will sit back and hope I will find a solution. Thanks any way.  ;9

Rep:
Level 81
Monster Hunter
did you think of using OriginalWij's iphone script?
it's in menu style ^^

EDIT: never mind , cant remember who did it , thought it was him tho  :-\
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 03:58:13 PM by Mitsarugi »

Rep:
Level 71
Cool if you remmeber please let me know.  :lol:

Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
Like I said before, it is probably an innocuous error that no one can see what is causing it. That is why it would be much better of an idea to post the project so we can go over it with a fine toothed comb.
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Rep:
Level 71
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 08:28:38 PM by DoctorTodd »

Rep:
Level 71

Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
well... I'm officially not sure... I'm not exactly sure where cool.gif came from anyways... I mean, it isn't any of your images in your project, and it has become abundantly clear that only things such as buttons should be put into the input spaces... But I'm no scripter, I've been playing this by ear...

As far as I can see, though... Not even changing the input value to nil can fix the error, as it just brings up an undefined method anyways... I'm not sure how else to help you...

Rep:
Level 71
Well thanks for your help  :). If any one is a scripter able to help I would really appreciate it, I will give a free copy of my game when it's done if you can help me.

Rep:
Level 84
You plan on selling your game?

EDIT: I was going to take a look at it, but your game completely threw VMWare through a loop. Not going to try after all.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 10:25:20 PM by DarkCodeZero »

Rep:
Level 71
What?! I have no idea who VMware is..... And yes I am selling my game

Rep:
Level 83
fear me...

Rep:
Level 71
Oh.. But still how did I put them in a loop?

Rep:
Level 83
fear me...

Rep:
Level 71
I seriously don't know and how ever I did put them in a loop, I clearly didn't mean to. So can some one please help me with this.   

Rep:
Level 84
Are you still talking about VMWare? I'm on a Mac, I use VMWare (rather than Parallels) to run my windows partition so that I can use RMVX. The second I started to test play your game it launched my resolution so low that VMWare was tiny and I couldn't see anything.

And you're probably not gonna be able to sell your game, especially when you're using resources and scripts that you didn't make. Sorry, but it's not gonna go well for you.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
And you're probably not gonna be able to sell your game, especially when you're using resources and scripts that you didn't make. Sorry, but it's not gonna go well for you.
Also, nobody's going to buy a game from someone who keeps spamming that stupid and annoying emoticon on ALL of their posts AND their signature. Stop it.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 71
I removed the signature, and regardless if I sell it or not can some one please find out whats wrong with the script. I have no idea what went wrong when you tried to run it.

Rep:
Level 84
Cant you make it so that the phone comes out as the menu instead using a common event? For example, disable the menu (in page 3 of the event commands) at the beginning of the game, then have a common event on parallel process check whether key (whatever) is being pressed, if yes, have it call the cell script, and just put all of the other subscripts things into the phone script if you can customize it. (I haven't looked at the phone script, so I don't know if you can do this, but it's my shot in the dark at it.)

Rep:
Level 71
Well I guess that could work, and I should be able to change the buttons, well thanks for the help.

Rep:
Level 84
Send me just the phone script (in a .txt form) to me in a PM. And then get on the IRC chat page, I want to talk to you to see what the heck you're trying to do.

EDIT: Actually send me the link to the original phone script.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 08:20:25 PM by DarkCodeZero »

Rep:
Level 71
Txt is on the first page, as well with the link. You can also search neohavard phone system. I will be on chat later when I'm home, I'm currently on my cell phone.