RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Resolved][RPGXP] Help with a picture event

Rep:
Level 87
Trainer Orange.
Hello everyone. I have recently been trying to make an event where there is a sign on the wall of a restaurant in one of my cities (so basically, a restaurant menu). Once you click that sign, a picture will appear which is a menu. Then you click it once again to erase the picture. The problem I'm having with this at the moment is that while the picture is still up. You are able to move around. I don't want the character to be able to move while you're looking at the menu. Only when you click it a second time to remove the picture from your screen. I have not been able to figure this out, so I ask. What is the best way to do this sort of event? Thank you for your support.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 10:58:36 PM by neutral12 »

Rep:
Level 82
Make it an autorun event.

Rep:
Level 87
Trainer Orange.
How so? Autorun events will just freeze my game.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Well, if all you want to do is prevent the player from moving, then you can do a loop with a Player Wait right after like so:

@>Show Picture
@>Loop
  @>Set Move Route: Player
    :                      :$>Wait: 4 frame(s)
  @>Conditional Branch: The C Button is being pressed
    @>Break Loop
    @>
    :  Branch End
  @>Wait: 4 frame(s)
  @>
 : Repeat Above
@>Erase Picture

It's untested, but I assume that would work. You might have to lower the number of wait frames.

NB: All of that would be on one page in the event where you select the menu.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 10:24:48 PM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 87
Trainer Orange.
Ok, well, it sort of works. Only one thing about this code is not working right. I don't understand why this is. But it only displays the picture if I rapidly spam the action button... It confuses me as to why this is happening.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Oh, yeah sorry - that's my fault - put some wait frames between the start of the loop and the Show Picture command - maybe like 20 frames or so.

Rep:
Level 87
Trainer Orange.
Thank you so much man, you rock. It works perfectly now. ;)