RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RESOLVED] Battler Sprite

I saw a squirrel...
Rep:
Level 82
...it got in my way.
Battler Sprite Request

Ok, I don't mean to be one of those guys who asks for something for absolutely nothing in return, but... well I need help. Amazingly enough, I'm still working on Bloodstained Hands (http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,39366.msg456133.html#msg456133), but I've run into a dilemma. No matter where I look, I can never find a sprite for any of my battlers, or at least, nothing very good. I'm trying to find a good one for my Final Boss, but that's not working. I can't find one anywhere that's a decent size. I'm not looking for some cheesy thing that looks about the same size as the character, I'm looking for something... well, good. The one I've got right now as a placeholder works okay, but it makes no sense. My boss is not a dragon. Why should the sprite be a dragon? This is what I've got right now...

I believe Grafikal made that one. I'll double check that...
EDIT: Yes, Grafikal did indeed make that one. http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,31124.0.html
...Nice work Grafikal.
EDIT EDIT: Err... Maybe I should read topics more. That's an XP > VX Transfer. Done by Grafikal. But still, XP RTP, or something like that.
...Still, Nice work Grafikal.

Anyway, that doesn't work for my final boss, who looks like this...

...or at least, his FIRST form looks like that. First is all I need, however.

So! My request is this: Can someone please make a sprite for that battler? Something like what I've already got would be nice. And by that I mean, size is not an issue.

Please. Pretty Please.

I'll give you digital cake.

Seriously.

(BTW, I know I didn't include what maker I'm using... but this is battlers. Does it really matter? Whatever. I'm using RMVX. Scratch that, this is sprites. VX sprites to be precise. I'm using RMVX.)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 06:09:50 AM by Strak »

Gods ain't gonna help ya son...

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
I'm confused - are you asking for a walking sprite to match the picture of the black and green guy or are you asking for a battler to match the dragon?

The reason I am confused is because you said:

Can someone please make a sprite for that battler?

but then said:

I know I didn't include what maker I'm using... but this is battlers. Does it really matter?

Because if it is a sprite you're requesting, it does matter that you're using VX since they have a different format. They're easily enough converted, but it still matters.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 02:31:18 PM by modern algebra »

I saw a squirrel...
Rep:
Level 82
...it got in my way.
Ah. Yes, that is confusing. I apologize. That was dumb of me. I'll edit that. I am indeed looking for a sprite of the Battler, not a battler of the Dragon. A VX sprite. Not XP.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 05:24:08 PM by Strak »

I saw a squirrel...
Rep:
Level 82
...it got in my way.
Bumpity Bump.

Rep:
Level 86
the cake is a lie!!

anywho... just a quick question, the sprite you need, do you want it the same size as the dragon? and, does he have legs? or is he floating there without (just asking cuz the battler has no legs, but it might just be how you have it showing.) I'll look into it, but I don't have the greatest spriting abilities, I can glob peices together and recolor the peices, and maybe tweak it a little, so if I can find the right... "globbies" I can give it a try.

"Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to."

OK, so what's the speed of dark?
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Since there's a duck-billed platapus, is there just a plain platapus? If so... what does that look like?

I saw a squirrel...
Rep:
Level 82
...it got in my way.
That would be fantastic! It does not have legs, it's just a floaty thing. And it would be nice if it was about the size of the dragon. Bigger is nice, and if necessary, smaller is ok, but size doesn't really matter all that much. And, just as an FYI, I only need the front facing view. I don't need the sides or back view.

Rep:
Level 86
alright, another question(s) (I think I found the peices I'll be using, but...) one, looking at the image above, his arms and chest seem very obviously charcoalish color, but below that (abs area) it seems as if it could almost be transparent (except for the light lines) is it? and two, do you want his arms raised in the sprite like they are in the battler or no? I'll begin on the premise that both answers are no, so it won't take much to tweak it if you need me to. :)

Edit: actually his arms look like they could be transparent too (inside the lines) just the shoulders, chest, head and horn...things have the shading...

Since there's a duck-billed platapus, is there just a plain platapus? If so... what does that look like?

I saw a squirrel...
Rep:
Level 82
...it got in my way.
http://www.hcn.zaq.ne.jp/cagzd200/images/akushu-re.png
This should answer the first question. Yes, he is indeed transparent. As for the second, he doesn't HAVE to have his arms raised. He can if you want to, but it's your own personal preference. It doesn't really matter to me.

Rep:
Level 86
yea, the picture helps (with the white background) I won't be able to do the gradual transparency (XP maker doesn't really seem to support it, but I can make it a solid dark color so you can select it as semi-transparent) I don't think I will make the hands/arms upturned, just cuz, It would be a tricky angle, and the results will probably look better with them down, so :) coo cool, piecing it together, then to recolor and match things up :) Might not finish tonight, but should get it soon

Rep:
Level 86
alright, here's what I've got, tested it out a lil bit, let me know if it's what you were lookin for

I saw a squirrel...
Rep:
Level 82
...it got in my way.
It works! I did some tweaking, though. I shifted the hue to what my actual boss is like (yellowish at the top and red as it goes further down), and I made it gradually transparent as it goes down. I also trimmed away a few of the pixels around the edge to make it a little less... blocky. The neck was a little skinny and didn't really flow from the shoulders like in the battler, so I changed that as well. I managed to turn the arms upward, and made the arms transparent. Sadly, this alteration got rid of the walking animation, but this is all I need anyway. I also made the eyes of the mask more flat, rather than angled. The mask was also a little squarish around the top, so I rounded it a bit. I also resized it and formatted it to VX style. ANYwho, this is the final result.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 05:48:42 PM by Strak »

I saw a squirrel...
Rep:
Level 82
...it got in my way.
AND HERE IS YOUR DIGITAL CAKE!

You also get credit.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 07:56:43 PM by Strak »

Rep:
Level 86
:) sweet! glad you liked it. Thats cool about all the tweaking, glad you could get it the way you wanted it. If you want the walking sprite, at least a little, tweak the arms in a way that in one the right arm is a little lower, and the left one a little higher, then in the next one (not the one for his "standing" sprite) reverse that effect (left lower and right higher, maybe tweaking it outward a bit too) That should give it the effect of his arms "swinging" back and forth slightly.

Yey cake! :) 

I saw a squirrel...
Rep:
Level 82
...it got in my way.
Thanks FBW! This has been a big help.