RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Do you stick around and listen to the title music?

Rep:
Level 70
Evening gents.

Quick question. Rather than making a poll, I thought a direct answer would be more appropriate.

When playing the games of other creators, do you stick around and listen to the title theme all the way through? Perhaps you skip it if it doesn't get to a good part soon enough? Or maybe you just skip it all together.

I ask this more out of curiosity aside from anything else.

Personally, although it may vary depending on the actual RPG in some situations, I'd stick around and listen.

What about you guys?

Also, disregard any concern on whether or not this belongs in this section of the forum or not. I thought it would be the most appropriate section.

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
If it's a fan-made or custom project, I normally don't listen to it... The reason being is that many people don't get very good composers to work on their sound. It's always either the same thing i've heard time and time again (in the form of RTP music) or I get some 8-bit version of Nickelback. I kinda get sick of hearing unoriginal stuff like that...

And, if that's not the case, It's that they just grabbed a random track and didn't think deeply about how it would connect to the theme of the game.

All in all, I never find it too necessary to listen, because it's often no good anyways... But commercial games? Oh yes, I love their title music.
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Rep:
Level 70
RMRK Junior
It depends.  If the Title Screen is the first thing that appears when the game pops up, then YES, I'll skip it.  I expect that when the Title Screen is the first thing to appear, there is no other reason for me to want to just listen to the music.

However, if the Title Screen is NOT the first thing to appear, such as 5 seconds of a character walking through some area during gameplay, like a pre-recorded demo, I would be much more tempted to listen to the title screen, because by that time, I have a suspicion that something else will happen if I DONT immediately start the game.  The same music can play during like a DEMO, but I need both Visual and Audio stimulation.
Heretic's Vehicles XP (Boat and Magic Carpet)

Heretic's Collection XP Ver 2.3 - Updated to include Dynamic Lighting, Moving Platforms, Vehicles, and much much more!